What if Gus wants out

NorthGATiger

18 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"Gatorade"??? :dunno:

For those who don't like beer.

Weird, I know 😉

Unfortunately, with my chemo I can't drink anything colder than room temp (side effect) so I go through lots of Gatorade. .... can't stand warm beer (I'm not from Great Britain, after all LOL).

32 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Weird, I know 😉

Unfortunately, with my chemo I can't drink anything colder than room temp (side effect) so I go through lots of Gatorade. .... can't stand warm beer (I'm not from Great Britain, after all LOL).

A good rule when recruiting volunteers to help move:  Provide lots of beer but don't offer it until the job's complete. ;)

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

A good rule when recruiting volunteers to help move:  Provide lots of beer but don't offer it until the job's complete. ;)

That is the Moving "golden rule" I believe 😁

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Weird, I know 😉

I was able to drink cold stuff on mine, but I was told absolutely 0 alcohol, couldn’t even use mouthwash that had alcohol in it.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I was able to drink cold stuff on mine, but I was told absolutely 0 alcohol, couldn’t even use mouthwash that had alcohol in it.

I'm not supposed to either, especially since it spread to my liver.  Though nobody limited mouthwash, etc.  I just feel better blaming the cold thing 😉.  I'm sure alcohol simply doesn't play well with all the other chems coursing through your body.  No worries.  I have to limit caffeine too because some of the chemo causes dehydration, etc.  But I still enjoy a cup or two of my Pumpkin Spice coffee at least 😁

The cold thing is weird.  Anything cold feels like electric shocks to my tongue & throat.  Also for a week I can't touch anything cold either...Same thing, like shocks to my hands.  

Damn these side effects!!!

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm not supposed to either, especially since it spread to my liver.  Though nobody limited mouthwash, etc.  I just feel better blaming the cold thing 😉.  I'm sure alcohol simply doesn't play well with all the other chems coursing through your body.  No worries.  I have to limit caffeine too because some of the chemo causes dehydration, etc.  But I still enjoy a cup or two of my Pumpkin Spice coffee at least 😁

The cold thing is weird.  Anything cold feels like electric shocks to my tongue & throat.  Also for a week I can't touch anything cold either...Same thing, like shocks to my hands.  

Damn these side effects!!!

My oncologist was only big on the “no alcohol in any form”. I thought maybe it was due to different chemo regimens having different side effects and do’s and dont’s

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

My oncologist was only big on the “no alcohol in any form”. I thought maybe it was due to different chemo regimens having different side effects and do’s and dont’s

Probably right.

I can imagine alcohol not mixing well with chemo.

9 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Probably right.

I can imagine alcohol not mixing well with chemo.

Yea I understand with alcohol 100%. the mouthwash is what got me, with it being such a small amount, he was big on that, so I had to get special mouthwash, etc

On 11/28/2018 at 4:57 PM, NorthGATiger said:

But what if we are looking at this situation wrong.  

What if Gus went to TPTB on Sunday and said "I want out. I am willing to lower my buy out and we part ways for less money so that it is better for all involved".

The man could have other offers, I SOOOOO HOPE SO, and is trying to part ways that make sense for both parties. 
I just have a hard damn time believing that he agreed to less money on a buyout and agreed that he has zero say so on staff changes.

I WILL HELP HIM PACK! Just let me know when and where! 

3 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Ain't no way that's happening beer beer beer and more beer

How many on here is currently fighting or have fought cancer? Mentally and physically it's such a fight. I had a bout myself, I pray and admire anyone that has to go through it

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Oh trust me.  It's a huge disappointment to have to forgo the nectar of the gods.  Nothing like having some cold ones during a game, by the pool, after working on the yard, at a cookout, celebrating a Tuesday....

But, if it helps me to be able to watch my girls grow up.  ...now I'm getting weepy dangit!

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

How many on here is currently fighting or have fought cancer? Mentally and physically it's such a fight. I had a bout myself, I pray and admire anyone that has to go through it

I have found tremendous strength coming from the support of so many on this AUFamily forum during my current battle.  I'm actually surprised by the number of posters who have had their own battles as they have shared their stories and support on this forum and through PM'S.

It's truly inspirational!!!

I return the prayers and admiration to you too brother.  Cancer truly is a fight. 

God bless!!

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

For the first time since I was 16-17 I experienced a season without alcohol, and it was hell ‘16 season. Lol. Last game I was able to drink was LSU of that year. I started chemo shortly after that one

Archived