2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

5 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

@ellitor if you keep removing all the premium info from the posts, then @WFE12, @lutzcammed & @McLoofus won't be able to post anymore because everything they post is Premium Information.

:beer2:

Your four need to get a room. Wait, that’s really kinda gross for me to think about. Never mind....

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

You should summarize all of the deleted content and leave the technicalities alone. Don’t be a Toby. 

IMG_1280.GIF

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Idk what I can say since it's premium info

What does it rhyme with?  It's not premium info if it is two totally different words that just happen to rhyme with the name alluded to...  Sneaky sneaky...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fredst said:

Your four need to get a room. Wait, that’s really kinda gross for me to think about. Never mind....

You think it's gross to think about? You should try being in the room. It started out as a great idea but it's been a little while and, I gotta be honest, it's starting to smell pretty bad.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You think it's gross to think about? You should try being in the room. It started out as a great idea but it's been a little while and, I gotta be honest, it's starting to smell pretty bad.

ca0acbf7-fe69-4f23-8154-a3fc94baa75c_tex

• Haha 2

On 6/26/2018 at 3:52 PM, ellitor said:

FWIW I played with the class calculator & added 3 of the guys we supposedly lead with who plan to commit this Summer: John Dunmore, Keiondre Jones, & Colby Wooden. If we get them our score would be 240.62. Good for 4th in the nation. If we also get Andrew Booth who is also tentatively planning to commit this Summer then that would get a score of 254.37. Good for 2nd in the nation as things stand now.

Updating this post with the Derick Hall news from the other day & Jalen Curry seeming likely this Summer. Taking out Dunmore if we get the guys we are leading for who plan to commit this Summer (Jones, Wooden, Curry, Hall, & Pritchett) we would be at 251.66. Good for #2 in team rankings as rankings are now. If we get Booth that goes to 263.70 & stays #2 behind Bama.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:
11 hours ago, fredst said:

Very, very gross indeed.

But what if it's THIS room?

man-cave-football-carpet-football-field-carpet-stuff-to-buy-pinterest.jpg

• Like 1

Five schools that should be pleased after #RivalsChallenge

AUBURN 

Idjfypjebcmppudjyufi
Bo Nix

The Tigers only had one commit in attendance, but that doesn’t mean that their fans shouldn’t be happy about the way the star of their class, quarterback Bo Nix, performed on the biggest stage. Nix took the reins of his team and helped it win the 7-on-7 championship, throwing accurate balls and forming a nice bond with his receivers. Nix is a true leader and earned the respect of his teammates and the other quarterbacks in attendance as he continues to excel at events this offseason.

The Tigers had some targets in attendance and Nix was doing his best to recruit, especially when it came to teammate Trey Sanders. He’s the perfect example of a cornerstone to a class, and his impact as a recruiter should continue to keep Auburn fans smiling in the months to come.

Not sure if there’s a need to create a thread on him but I have to ask is there any sort of mutual interest between 2019 OT Stacey Wilkins out of Arkansas? He’s a Rivals 250 4 star, and is uncommitted. Seems like there should be some sort of communication going on between our offensive staff and him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

Not sure if there’s a need to create a thread on him but I have to ask is there any sort of mutual interest between 2019 OT Stacey Wilkins out of Arkansas? He’s a Rivals 250 4 star, and is uncommitted. Seems like there should be some sort of communication going on between our offensive staff and him.

There are a couple of OT from Arky that are interesting

54 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

OU-Texas battle. We haven't offered & I have not seen his name mentioned as an AU target. All FWIW.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I guess the article doesn't consider Pickens a commit?  He just mentions Bo as the only one. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

I guess the article doesn't consider Pickens a commit?  He just mentions Bo as the only one. 

Pickens was not at the Rival's 5* challenge last Wednesday.

• Thanks 1

Was thinking we were supposed to get some good news today (and I didn'tthink it had to do with a Dunmore yea or nay)???

Edited by War to the Eagle

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

Was thinking we were supposed to get some good news today (and I didn'tthink it had to do with a Dunmore yea or nay)???

Curry was possible but as @corchjay alluded to  with our staff being on vacation for another week or so he probably won’t commit until closer to the cookout at the end of July.

I think most of the staff should be back on campus around the 17th.  

I think a couple were checking into some humanitarian activities but not positive if they got them lined up or not.  Also, I think some may have involved or was going to involve some players but not certain if those were officially organized or not.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't know why we'd offer a QB that hasn't played football in five years. Unless the coaches don't feel as good about the current situation as the fans feel, we don't have a need for this guy.

I recall the coaches recruited Cord quite aggressively out of HS and I’m sure they have a good feel for what he can do. And while there may be some physical “rust” to knock off, the additional 2-3 years of mental maturity should more than offset that potential handicap. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't know why we'd offer a QB that hasn't played football in five years. Unless the coaches don't feel as good about the current situation as the fans feel, we don't have a need for this guy.

Disagree with you here for a couple reasons: We only have 3 scholarship QBs, remember there was a time we were planning on taking 2 QBs in the 2018 class. This kid was a stud in high school, and is a low risk high reward scholarship. I remember when many on the old Auburn Eagle board liked him far more than the 2013 QB we did sign, Jeremy Johnson. We’ve got a scholarship open, and it’s known that Stidham will leave after this season should we sign Sandberg it keeps our QB scholly number at 4. I see this as a no lose situation given the fact we only signed so few in February.

Edited by AUinGA44
  • Like 4

I don't think it is a matter of how Auburn wants him, but whether he feels Auburn is a good fit.

I am sure teams always recruit QBs, because so many fall by the wayside once they get into the college system. Auburn is no different.

But Cord will decide based on location and probably his best chance to play quickly...I just don't see that being at AU.

57 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

Disagree with you here for a couple reasons: We only have 3 scholarship QBs, remember there was a time we were planning on taking 2 QBs in the 2018 class. This kid was a stud in high school, and is a low risk high reward scholarship. I remember when many on the old Auburn Eagle board liked him far more than the 2013 QB we did sign, Jeremy Johnson. We’ve got a scholarship open, and it’s known that Stidham will leave after this season should we sign Sandberg it keeps our QB scholly number at 4. I see this as a no lose situation given the fact we only signed so few in February.

Yep! 2 total guys on roster after this season ( even the walk on is a senior) and it has been widely and consistently speculated that one of them might not even end up playing quarterback. It's hilarious that the same people keep arguing against this. Who remembers when we didn't have need Davis Webb because we had the five future superstars? One of them even went pro! In basketball. In Europe. None of the other four even finished their career at Auburn.

This guy is an insurance policy that at his age is just entering his physical prime whereas in 18 year old is not and will not be before he leaves. he is also probably more mature mentally than almost any 18 year old would be. He's big, he's strong and he's good enough for Dan Mullen who coached Dak Prescott and Tim Tebow and who was in on Cam Newton before Gus was. Guys like this are exactly why coaches begin a recruiting cycle saying that they're only going to take <number less than 25> guys. This is not John Franklin. 

And he might be rusty, but I'm sure he's worked out for people and they have a decent read on his status.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

How long was Weinke out of football before he played for FSU and won the Heisman? How about Weeden before he became a first round draft pick for OK ST? He is a very talented kid. Let's roll the dice.  Dan Mullen the QB guru wanted him so I def want him. 

Agree with what you are saying, my only question is if Mullen liked him so much why only offer a walk-on spot with their current QB’s not performing well?  If Mullen likes him so much, why not offer a scholarship?