2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

3 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Any progress on Wolk to aufamily?

I would imagine it would be under wraps until he got here though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

That said, we cannot afford to have anywhere close to only one or two OTs in this class. The problem is that we don't want to take crap just because there's a need. Catch 23.

likely can’t take more than two. We have six scholarship OT’s on Scolly right now.  And none are seniors.

Edited by ellitor

33 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Any progress on Wolk to aufamily?

Not sure if Red has approached him. Sounds like Ben is leaving the area.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

That said, we cannot afford to have anywhere close to only one or two OTs in this class. The problem is that we don't want to take crap just because there's a need. Catch 23.

I think we'll be fortunate if w can get two quality OT's this time. Not that there's not a need, but there simply aren't that many out there. We'd about have to flip someone to get two. The numbers aren't really critical yet, but we'll have to have some soon. If not this year, then next.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think we'll be fortunate if w can get two quality OT's this time. Not that there's not a need, but there simply aren't that many out there. We'd about have to flip someone to get two. The numbers aren't really critical yet, but we'll have to have some soon. If not this year, then next.

0 in last year's class and 1 in this one. You'd have an aneurysm if that were the LB numbers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

0 in last year's class and 1 in this one. You'd have an aneurysm if that were the LB numbers.

Agreed. And, without trying to denigrate any of the guys we have now, no one has really separated themselves as difference makers. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

I have seen similar LB numbers and didn't suffer an aneurysm. There are sufficient numbers of OL guys on the team. Opporknockity tunes for those that want to step it up a notch.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I have seen similar LB numbers and didn't suffer an aneurysm. There are sufficient numbers of OL guys on the team. Opporknockity tunes for those that want to step it up a notch.

We have adequate numbers at LB too.  You love to bring up the class where we only signed Tre Threat as a disaster.  Guess what? Same thing happened last year with the OL. We have at least followed up the Threat flop with extremely good and deep classes of LB. How about OT?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

We have adequate numbers at LB too.  You love to bring up the class where we only signed Tre Threat as a disaster.  Guess what? Same thing happened last year with the OL. We have at least followed up the Threat flop with extremely good and deep classes of LB. How about OT?

How do you quote and old topic like that? Asking for a friend. ha ha

13 minutes ago, kd4au said:

How do you quote and old topic like that? Asking for a friend. ha ha

Search the post out, then, On the top right if the post there is a "share" icon. Click it and a link will appear. Copy and paste within a post and it will self format.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Search the post out, then, On the top right if the post there is a "share" icon. Click it and a link will appear. Copy and paste within a post and it will self format.

That’s some serious avian IT chops there...

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Actually 1 last class with Grad Transfer Jack Driscoll 

51 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Actually 1 last class with Grad Transfer Jack Driscoll 

Poor recruiting leads to the need for grad transfers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

390 pounds! Wow that is huge.  I guess we have little chance of getting him.

EVAN NEAL

• OT 
  • 6-7.5
  • CLASS OF 19
BRADENTON, FL  IMG Academy
Miami is the team to beat from what I am seeing

7441294.jpg

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Not seeing any benefit or point to reviving a zombie thread, but if that's how you like to spend your Saturday mornings, have a blast! The LB recruiting was weak until Muschamp's class, which is pointed out in the old thread. Then we had an O-fer year, then signed the class with three good prospects. I think anybody that cared would know that. So, what are you trying to say?

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not seeing any benefit or point to reviving a zombie thread, but if that's how you like to spend your Saturday mornings, have a blast! The LB recruiting was weak until Muschamp's class, which is pointed out in the old thread. Then we had an O-fer year, then signed the class with three good prospects. I think anybody that cared would know that. So, what are you trying to say?

Of course you don't see any benefit. It reflects the hypocrisy.  It took all of 2 minutes to find. Search "Threat" by Mikey and there are a few references to choose. 

As far as what I'm saying (not trying) goes, the previous LB situation and recruiting is comparable to the current OL recruiting.  OL(especially OT) has been weak for a few years. We then go 1-fer in last class. And, instead of following it up with a good class, we sit at 1 OT in this class.  Why can't you see the similarities?

Yes, we got a grad transfer, just like Dunn the year before. And without Dunn we would have suffered greatly last year just like we would be hurting this year without Driscoll.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Of course you don't see any benefit. It reflects hypocrisy.  It took all of 2 minutes to find. Search "Threat" by Mikey and there are a few references to choose. 

As far as what I'm saying (not trying) gies, the previous LB situation and recruiting is comparable to the current OL recruiting.  OL(especially OT) has been weak for a few years. We then go 1-fer in last class. And, instead of following it up with a good class, we sit at 1 OT in this class.  Why can't you see the similarities?

Yes, we got a grad transfer, just like Dunn the year before. And without Dunn we would have suffered greatly last year just like we would be hurting this year without Driscoll.

Before this cycle got started, I looked at what top-level OT prospects might be out there and available to Auburn. I just didn't see any that weren't already locked in to a favorite home-state school or weren't in places we seldom get recruits from. (Michigan, for example)

Back then, I could name LB's that were handy to us, even visited and then didn't come here. (Quon Alexander, for example). Which OT's are we missing on that might reasonably be available? If they aren't there, what's your solution? IIRC Hand at least had a shot with a couple last year but that blew up with the coaching change.

It's not like we're ignoring the OT situation and ignoring was pretty much what we did with LB for several years.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Poor recruiting leads to the need for grad transfers.

No doubt. But to Hand’s credit he did have us lined up for Gouraige had  he stayed

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

390 pounds! Wow that is huge.  I guess we have little chance of getting him.

EVAN NEAL

• OT 
  • 6-7.5
  • CLASS OF 19
BRADENTON, FL  IMG Academy
Miami is the team to beat from what I am seeing

7441294.jpg

Got a name?

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Got a name?

Evan Neal

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

No doubt. But to Hand’s credit he did have us lined up for Gouraige had  he stayed

50/50

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Got a name?

At the top of information!

15 hours ago, toddc said:

At the top of information!

Not on my browser which is why am glad 72 answered the question.

• Like 1