...monstrous task ahead for OL in 2020

bigbird

17 hours ago, DAG said:

Well TAMU made Jimbo the highest paid coach to get him. If you are willing to spin that money, you can get almost anybody. My thing is this, if you are going to do that then you need to go after UM first and foremost. Somebody who has actually earned it.

True. I mean we were pretty close to spending an obscene amount of money to show Gus the door this past season. I don't think money is an issue for us. Ok, we aren't TAMU rich but I really do think if a big name is available and interested the deal we would find a way to make it happen. 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, cole256 said:

Remember not letting Marshall work with the QB guru guy? Remember all the people that defended that? How freaking HILARIOUS is that now?

It's QB sabotage really

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I'm gonna have to assume this is sarcasm.

Mo money mo problems

15 minutes ago, Tiger said:

True. I mean we were pretty close to spending an obscene amount of money to show Gus the door this past season. I don't think money is an issue for us. Ok, we aren't TAMU rich but I really do think if a big name is available and interested the deal we would find a way to make it happen. 

I say go after Urban first then let the rest follow , only if you are willing to spend that money. Also if there is a search committee, they need to be external. No auburn legends or donors on it.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I say go after Urban first then let the rest follow , only if you are willing to spend that money. Also if there is a search committee, they need to be external. No auburn legends or donors on it.

You see Urban leaving what many have said is his dream job? 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Right idea, wrong name. And that's not my opinion, but what I have heard and choose to believe. We're prepared to play big boy ball. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think Urban is the only one in the class that we're talking about. I think Bob Stoops might also  be in that class, but also not quite as good of a coach as Urbz. However, I doubt we ever make an offer to Meyer though but that's JMO. 100% with you keeping the search committee completely independent of notable AU names. 

8 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

You see Urban leaving what many have said is his dream job? 

Yeah right lol. I think money talks more than anything . I his a ball coach whether he wants to get away from it or not and I don’t think he would want to stay away for too long. With that being said , it is probably a pipe dream. I can see him going to the NFL. My thing is if we are going to make someone the richest coach then swing for the fences. 

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Right idea, wrong name. And that's not my opinion, but what I have heard and choose to believe. We're prepared to play big boy ball. 

About Urban? Fair enough . I was just thinking he has the most accomplished and who would be available. I know Stoops would be high. I like Stoops I just don’t want to be okay with Jim Harbaugh 2.0. We need to win a national championship with him here. 

N.a.Me personally, I believe in winning. Clark has been winning under the not so much best conditions, he can win with a bunch of resources

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

N.a.Me personally, I believe in winning. Clark has been winning under the not so much best conditions, he can win with a bunch of resources

Plus we wouldn't have to break the bank to sign him, imo.  That should make it more palatable to spend what it takes to fire Gus.

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Like I said before, he would be my first choice but I can understand why others would want a splash name to be approached  first.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Like I said before, he would be my first choice but I can understand why others would want a splash name to be approached  first.

I like the idea of Bill Clark as well.  I think we need Gov Tubs back lol....I always loved T Tubs....but seriously Clark would be great hire i think. I heard on a radio show maybe even paul UaT Finebaum them talking about Urban Meyer and chances of him coming to Auburn. Auburn wouldn;t want Urban Meyer. We do have standards. Or would any of you be happy if that was a possibility? I think we are not about Going below the belt to win...We are better than Urban Meyer. One great thing about Gus is his class and his character and he runs a clean program.

7 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I like the idea of Bill Clark as well.  I think we need Gov Tubs back lol....I always loved T Tubs....but seriously Clark would be great hire i think. I heard on a radio show maybe even paul UaT Finebaum them talking about Urban Meyer and chances of him coming to Auburn. Auburn wouldn;t want Urban Meyer. We do have standards. Or would any of you be happy if that was a possibility? I think we are not about Going below the belt to win...We are better than Urban Meyer. One great thing about Gus is his class and his character and he runs a clean program.

Rubbin's racing.  If we're not gonna play the recruiting game we're not gonna catch up.  That being said, I don't see UM leaving OSU.

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

I agree he would be interesting.  He's coached both sides of the ball and special teams and worked under a lot of different guys.

What do you think of Neal Brown?  Worked under Mumme, Blakeney, Tubberville, and Mark Stoops.  3 back to back to back 10 win seasons at Troy is pretty impressive. Be interesting to see how he does at WVU.

Bill Bradford Clark (born June 28, 1968) is an American football coach for the UAB Blazers. After he served as an assistant coach at several high schools, Clark got his first head coaching job at Prattville High School in Prattville, Alabama.[1] During his tenure at Prattville, Clark compiled an overall record of 106 wins to only 11 losses (106–11) and won back-to-back Alabama High School Athletic Association (AHSAA) state championships for the 2006 and 2007 seasons.[2] In 2008, Clark was hired to serve as the first defensive coordinator at South Alabama. He stayed in that role through the 2012 season when he was hired as head coach at Jacksonville State.[3] During his only season as head coach at Jacksonville State, Clark led the Gamecocks to their first playoff victories, 49 school records, 13 OVC records and three NCAA records.[4] In January 2014, Clark was hired to serve as the fifth head coach at UAB following the resignation of Garrick McGee.[4][5]

On December 2, 2014, UAB president Ray L. Watts announced that, after commissioning an in-depth inspection of UAB's athletic budget and revenue and how the elimination of football from the athletic program would affect those, UAB had decided to close down the football program in order to save money. On June 1, 2015 news reported that the UAB Blazers football program would be reinstated.[6] In September 2015, Clark and UAB agreed to a five-year contract extension.

Championships

C-USA West (2018)
C-USA (2018)

Awards

C-USA Coach of the Year (2017)
Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year Award (2018)
Sporting News College Football Coach of the Year (2018)

here ya go dag and anyone wanting to know more about him. he is a winner. i cannot imagine what success he might have with a ton of talent.

28 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yeah and he is on the hot seat every other year. I would not be opposed to Urban Meyer , but I want Bill Clark. That is my positioning. 

While Urban is slimy and a lot of folks wouldn't want him here I think he would galvanize the fan base and fight nega recruiting fire with fire. He would be aggressive in fanning the flames of our rivalries with UGA and Bama and also try to run the score up on everyone. Recruiting would get a tangible boost. 

I also think the overall character of guys we bring in would take a dip as Urban has never emphasized good character during his scouting. 

Rubbin's racing.  If we're not gonna play the recruiting game we're not gonna catch up.  That being said, I don't see UM leaving OSU.

You do realize that Urban Meyers no longer coaches at OSU....  Right?

2 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

You do realize that Urban Meyers no longer coaches at OSU....  Right?

I think I might've known that at one point, thank you for the reminder.  Sounds like it makes it even more of a pipe dream looking back at what he was fired for.

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

While Urban is slimy and a lot of folks wouldn't want him here I think he would galvanize the fan base and fight nega recruiting fire with fire. He would be aggressive in fanning the flames of our rivalries with UGA and Bama and also try to run the score up on everyone. Recruiting would get a tangible boost. 

I also think the overall character of guys we bring in would take a dip as Urban has never emphasized good character during his scouting. 

I'm 100% okay with playing the recruiting game. By the same token, I like having respectable kids in our program. I'm glad we haven't heard about any of our guys hitting girls in awhile. That's why I don't get a good feeling about Meyer.

But recruiting? Hell, let that kid's mom trade houses with Gus if we have to. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Yeah and he is on the hot seat every other year. I would not be opposed to Urban Meyer , but I want Bill Clark. That is my positioning. 

I would be opposed to Urban. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Exactly thats why i dont want him. I also think that if we did hire him.....he would not be loyal and as soon as he got us to a championship level if he managed to do so he would bolt to another big ten or pac school to ot have to deal with SEC comp. 

51 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I think I might've known that at one point, thank you for the reminder.  Sounds like it makes it even more of a pipe dream looking back at what he was fired for.

didnt mean to quote you sorry lol

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

I would be opposed to Urban. 

Exactly thats why i dont want him. I also think that if we did hire him.....he would not be loyal and as soon as he got us to a championship level if he managed to do so he would bolt to another big ten or pac school to ot have to deal with SEC comp. 

didnt mean to quote you sorry lol

That's fair but remember classy Gus was about to bolt to Arkansas in 2017. Hindsight is 20/20. Do NOT think these coaches are loyal to any one particular school. Most aren't. With that being said I respect your opinion of course.

Just now, DAG said:

That's fair but remember classy Gus was about to bolt to Arkansas in 2017. Hindsight is 20/20. Do NOT think these coaches are loyal to any one particular school. Most aren't. With that being said I respect your opinion of course.

Please quit reminding me that Arkansas was willing to take Gus off our hands.  It just hurts me right in the feels man.

Archived