...monstrous task ahead for OL in 2020

bigbird

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

From 2012-2016, they finished 12th, 16th, 14th, 15th and 19th in recruiting. Now, he might miss on a guy here or there and he might not be "recruiting a locker room" and he might not have the program management skills that Stoops did, but by just about every quantifiable metric- including recruiting- he has improved that program. 

Lincoln has pulled higher ranked classes (per 247) than they've had in years.  

OK was ranked #9 in '18 and #6 in '19 so he's doing ok bringing in talent and I LOVE his offensive scheme.  

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, keesler said:

OK was ranked #9 in '18 and #6 in '19 so he's doing ok bringing in talent and I LOVE his offensive scheme.  

I recently dug up a ton of stats about the numbers those offenses have been putting up and it's mind boggling. It's not just the video game totals, but the balance is just staggering. 

Last season:

1 Heisman winner with 4300+ yards passing and 1000+ yards rushing
2 RBs who rushed for at least 940 yards, with 1 going over 1000
2 1000 yard receivers
571 yards of total offense per game

The year before:

1 Heisman winner with 4600+ yards passing
2 RBs who rushed for at least 740 yards, with 1 going over 1000
3 receivers with at least 800 yards, with 1 going over 1000
580 yards of total offense per game

Two different QBs. Just absolutely filthy. 

28 minutes ago, keesler said:

Hey. I love his offensive scheme too. He can be Auburn’s OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Hey. I love his offensive scheme too. He can be Auburn’s OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

Auburn currently has the highest paid OC in the country.  

IMO, Mix Riley's offense with Steele's defense and Auburn would be the serious contenders they should be in this conference.  

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I recently dug up a ton of stats about the numbers those offenses have been putting up and it's mind boggling. It's not just the video game totals, but the balance is just staggering. 

Last season:

1 Heisman winner with 4300+ yards passing and 1000+ yards rushing
2 RBs who rushed for at least 940 yards, with 1 going over 1000
2 1000 yard receivers
571 yards of total offense per game

The year before:

1 Heisman winner with 4600+ yards passing
2 RBs who rushed for at least 740 yards, with 1 going over 1000
3 receivers with at least 800 yards, with 1 going over 1000
580 yards of total offense per game

Two different QBs. Just absolutely filthy. 

I will be watching what Riley does with Hurts this year, it should be interesting as I think OK will make the CFP again this year.

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

Auburn currently has the highest paid OC in the country.  

IMO, Mix Riley's offense with Steele's defense and Auburn would be the serious contenders they should be in this conference.  

Mix Riley’s offense and any defense with a pulse and we’d be contenders even during a hurricane in the leap year. 

9 minutes ago, keesler said:

I will be watching what Riley does with Hurts this year, it should be interesting as I think OK will make the CFP again this year.

Yeah, should be interesting. He gets Lamb and Sermon back, but I don't know what else. And I have no idea if anybody on their schedule is going to play any defense. UCLA? Maybe? 

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Auburn currently has the highest paid OC in the county.  

FIFY

Without looking at the numbers at all. I wouldn't bank on a Chip Kelly team providing a major defensive hurdle. I bet OU is going to be hell on the offensive side of the ball again. They have Sermon, Kennedy Brooks (team's leading rush as a RFr), CeeDee Lamb, all those shiny new WR toys (Jaden Haselwood and Theo Wease), and Hurts.

This little guy says bananas to making a bad  choice on any coach down the road! Could be Gus riding off into the sunset if things go bad in 2019!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 5/20/2019 at 2:56 PM, TigerOne said:

well they beat Auburn so there's that

even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then.

5 hours ago, DAG said:

That's fair but remember classy Gus was about to bolt to Arkansas in 2017. Hindsight is 20/20. Do NOT think these coaches are loyal to any one particular school. Most aren't. With that being said I respect your opinion of course.

Very true...This isnt forgotten to me....but I think there is a coach out there that could get us to Champ level like we should be and Auburn would be dream job for....we have already shown that we are willing to put up money so it would take a lot of money but money can pull anyone away

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Auburn fans being Auburn fans- talking about firing a coach a whole season away because of an article on the offensive line 😂

Yeah, it's the article that has AU fans talking about firing coach.   It has absolutely nothing to do with 25 losses in 5 seasons.

Auburn fans being Auburn fans- talking about firing a coach a whole season away because of an article on the offensive line 😂

Auburn has the best, nicest, most compassionate and most loyal fans in the world. At the other big 6 SEC schools the noise would be a lot more louder and vicious regarding our coach. At Auburn it is honestly a lot more tame and subdued. People act like on here our fans are so negative and all we do is complain but we are not anywhere close to as negative as the rest of the upper echelon of the SEC schools. We have more of a attitude and mentality of a Ole Miss, South Carolina, Arky and Miss St fans honestly. That is honestly one of our biggest problems though because it has created a culture where we are not cutthroat enough and do not demand excellence like we should. The family vibe is great but I feel like because of this we settle for mediocrity way more than we should and not just the fans but the leadership are content with being a really good but not great college football program.

What @dyehardfanAU said. 

How anyone could think Auburn fans are saying this because of an article is mind boggling. 

Yeah its an article and not 4+ losses EVERY SINGLE SEASON after his first. Its an article and not being able to count to 5. Its an article and not 17 straight runs after a 1st down. Its an article and not the absence of legitimate OT recruits...

I could keep going, but i wont. However i will assure you, it isnt because of an article we are talking about this. 

10 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

What @dyehardfanAU said. 

How anyone could think Auburn fans are saying this because of an article is mind boggling. 

Yeah its an article and not 4+ losses EVERY SINGLE SEASON after his first. Its an article and not being able to count to 5. Its an article and not 17 straight runs after a 1st down. Its an article and not the absence of legitimate OT recruits...

I could keep going, but i wont. However i will assure you, it isnt because of an article we are talking about this. 

Trolling...

20 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I believe in the guy who had back to back number 1 draft picks and Heisman Trophy Winners and made the playoffs 2 years in a row. I see them taking a little step back this season and going 10-2 in the regular season. What do you got them going next season?

I don’t think with his ridiculous offensive lines and stable of backs every year they should ever flop. If he implements the RPO, Hurts should be unstoppable. He’s stronger than some SEC DLs, B12 should be food 

3 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Without looking at the numbers at all. I wouldn't bank on a Chip Kelly team providing a major defensive hurdle. I bet OU is going to be hell on the offensive side of the ball again. They have Sermon, Kennedy Brooks (team's leading rush as a RFr), CeeDee Lamb, all those shiny new WR toys (Jaden Haselwood and Theo Wease), and Hurts.

Jaden Haselwood is going to be a f.....g monster. I rather have had a 75% chance to get him on signing day than the 99% chance we had to get Mr. UGA the 2 years before NSD

2 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

You know it may seem cold on the surface because it is a season away and this season does have potential. However you still have to remember that it's business for Malzahn and Greene. In business you have to be two steps ahead because your competition will be whether you are or not. If you aren't progressing your regressing. We all know that 2020 looks bleak as it stands. Only one person is ultimately accountable for that. I work retail and with PT staffing there is more turnover than I would like but that's the nature of the business. If I am not constantly in recruiting and hiring mode and training people who can replace my superstars then I am in big trouble when I lose them. Gus is a season away from losing his OL and most of us can connect the dots. 

3 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

You can blame me this time for DERAILING this thread by asking for opinions on coaching hires. It was an honest mistake and won’t happen again! 😂 

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

You can blame me this time for DERAILING this thread by asking for opinions on coaching hires. It was an honest mistake and won’t happen again! (Until next time). 😂 

FIFY 😀

Just now, gr82be said:

FIFY 😀

I hate it when people think this is okay. If I wanted to say that I would have typed that!Typing fify doesn’t make it okay to change another’s post. I’m sure you’re trying to be funny, but I’d rather you let it stand on it’s own. Thanks 

Archived