***Bo Nix Named 2019 Starting QB***

AuCivilEng1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

How the hell do you do that? 

Highlighted point is key

I’ll get back to you if you want when things calm down, but ellitor can probably explain it better than me.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Just remember who here reported it first. 😏

You've won fabulous internet points plus the accolades of your brethren!

I just hope people will give him time to develop if /when Bo makes some early season mistakes. This kid will be fine, but there’s bound to be some growing pains!

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Someone may need to check on Jeff tho (yellow font)

1AC05554-5215-4327-A8AE-3A7A99DB7A36.gif

I think Jeff knows JG has great potential, JG just didn’t progress throughout the competition.  Wait a minute, scratch that.

Just now, WaynesAUworld said:

Per Brandon Marcelo on Twitter Bo has been named the starter 

See Bo thread! 😂 

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

I just hope people will give him time to develop if /when Bo makes some early season mistakes. This kid will be fine, but there’s bound to be some growing pains!

I think people will. Nix is a special talent, and I think whatever mistakes we see from him will be tempered by some of the spectacular play we will see from him. He'll play like a freshman at times, no doubt, but he's going to make some great plays too. And, I think the coaches are going to send him out there and let him rip it. 

Can I take this time to say: I’m sorry Cole, Bo Nix is our starter!!

It is all good man. Step off the edge, we are all here to help, please don’t do anything foolish.

Well it's been in my signature for a minute now but I didn't believe it would actually happen! Thought for sure Gus would give the nod to the guy with the most "experience" in the system. Honestly I think this means Bo has been phenomenal and picking things up quickly. He's definitely still a pocket passer but with the mobility to keep teams honest. Not to mention he seems big enough to take a moderate level of hits.

If he succeeds than boy howdy we have an offense for the next three seasons! If he doesn't, keep in mind he's a true freshman, but at least we know the race was close and Joey Gatewood shouldn't be too much of a "downgrade" by any means. This is a ballsy decision by Gus who full well knows what this season can mean for his career.

Still, a true freshman couldn't ask for a better situation here at Auburn. An OL filled with all seniors, an incredibly talented but raw group of receivers, and a stable of running backs anyone would be pleased to have. Plus a head coach giving it his all with his name officially on the offense as the signal caller.

Let's have some fun this year! War Damn Eagle!

34 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Official ...

Thanks for editing my unconfident attempt at being the breaking news guy, whoever you are. You’re the real MVP!

1 minute ago, WaynesAUworld said:

Yea I just saw that 🤦‍♂️

How did you miss it? Politely asking. The tittle has 3 stars on each side of it to make sure it's not missed.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

I think Jeff knows JG has great potential, JG just didn’t progress throughout the competition.  Wait a minute, scratch that.

tenor.gif

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I think people will. Nix is a special talent, and I think whatever mistakes we see from him will be tempered by some of the spectacular play we will see from him. He'll play like a freshman at times, no doubt, but he's going to make some great plays too. And, I think the coaches are going to send him out there and let him rip it. 

Correct. Let him learn and grow. I have a feeling Gus and Dilly will definitely do that.

10 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Someone may need to check on Jeff tho (yellow font)

I have seen this gif used many times but not sure it's ever more appropriate...

giphy.gif

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’d love to see Joey go to somewhere like OU 

He'll be back in Florida playing for Lane Kiffin.

Archived