LSU game thread

AubWes33

3 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Kids gotta ride the pine. He makes so many horrible decisions. The one pass he doesn't throw to his dad in the stands goes for a pick. Blows my mind. 

Stupid. That was the play call. Had nothing to do with Bo. Seth did nothing. The play call was a 50/50 ball.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cole256 said:

Imo the kicker wouldn't have hit it. That was house money anyway. But he put it in play. Seth didn't jump

Haha, just said that myself

It looked like Seth slipped and or mis timed his jump. Either way that's so Auburn that would happen to us. We have the worst timing in big games on the road.

I actually like the play call and the aggressiveness. That was definitely a predetermined, designed pass. Seth did not give a lot of effort on that pass. He hasn’t given a lot of effort all game really. I don’t put that on Bo. 

That was a good play call. 1 on 1 with your best receiver? That’s what you’re supposed to call. You don’t want to be conservative. You’d think if your best receiver doesn’t catch it, he’ll at least break the ball up. Seth didn’t jump

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

Dude, come on. That's not Bo's fault

If the play call was to throw it to the endzone, then I'll give it to you. I'd like to see the route tree and what the check downs were. If it was designed that way then shame on Gus. That's like playing Madden on the Xbox level play calling. 

That was aggressive, we gripe when Gus goes in a shell and leaves time on the clock, and now we gripe when he goes for it, players got to make the plays 

I completely understand some of you that are ok with that call. I just have to disagree and you try and get what you can when points are at a premium this game. especially right before the half. 

Just now, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

If we're being fair its on Seth, Gus, and to a minor bit, Bo. 

Put it on a beam when the corner is hanging over the top. The corner wasn't in trail technique. He was waiting. Bo overthrows WAY TOO MUCH. 

Yeah but hell Bo haven't been throwing in play so it was a big improvement! But in that situation you can't think a ball is going to fall to you, you know there's athletes everywhere this game you better be aggressive and go get it

Just now, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

If we're being fair its on Seth, Gus, and to a minor bit, Bo. 

Put it on a beam when the corner is hanging over the top. The corner wasn't in trail technique. He was waiting. Bo overthrows WAY TOO MUCH. 

That’s why it’s called a 50/50 ball. You can’t get them all. It only cost a chance at 3. Seth, bo, and Gus can learn from it. I liked the call. 

Let's see, be aggressive and go big or be conservative and go for 3. Hind sight is always 20/20 but a better attempt at catching or a better throw and its 1st and goal. Just saying....

I’m still just as concerned about he offense as I was before. They’ve given us nothing. 

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

If the play call was to throw it to the endzone, then I'll give it to you. I'd like to see the route tree and what the check downs were. If it was designed that way then shame on Gus. That's like playing Madden on the Xbox level play calling. 

Now you're getting to the crux of the problem

Archived