After Attending a Trump Rally,...

bigbird

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

It is not an obsession. I just find it funny when:

Stupid, ill informed, people will believe anything that is told them by others.
What they are told fails over and over and over and over and over again. (2016 Election, Russians!!!!, Collusion!!!, Mueller, Impeachment, Kavanaugh, Avenatti, etc, etc, etc)
And yet these same Stupid, ill informed, people will STILL believe anything that is told them by these same people.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over an over again expecting different results. 

I just find it HILARIOUS watching these same people waiting to fail the next time...
WHILE AT THE SAME TIME PROCLAIMING THAT EVERYONE ELSE ARE THE STUPID ONES.

Ranty obsession. 😂

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Maybe but still one of the best concert I ever attended and I've been to over 350 

3 a year, impressive.

Highway Star, Space Truckin... those dudes *rocked*.

The main problem we have now is that politics is being fueled by a lack of intellectualism on both sides of the aisle. Folks to the far right often ignore science, and insist that their version of morality is the only version. Folks on the far left ignore economics, and assume that throwing money at a problem is the only way to solve it. Paired with that, the leaders in both parties are often making issues out of non-issues. I’d argue that 70+% of the “issues” people make voting decisions on are irrelevant. Example 1- There’s a lot of debate over abortion, an issue that hasn’t really changed much in 50 years, and isn’t going to change much in the next 50. To change abortion laws in any direction, it’s going to take an amendment, and there is no way more than 2/3 of both houses are ever going to agree. Example 2- People in both parties are using this alleged uptick in violent crime to change gun laws. Conservatives argue that we need to open gun laws for people to better protect themselves. Liberals argue that we need to close gun access further to prevent future shootings. The reality is that violent crime is dropping at an incredible rate with gun laws not really changing much. The debate over guns is quite frankly pointless.

People on both sides are crazy and at the same time they aren’t. The media, the politicians (including both this president and the last one), and the political extremists are fanning the flames of the political fire, making otherwise sensible people act in nonsensical ways.

I won’t pretend to be a trump fan, but it isn’t his policy per se that I can’t stand. It’s a)the fact that he is making this political division so much worse, and b) that he’s at the forefront of this anti-intellectualism in politics movement we’re seeing right now. Obama was guilty of the same things, but not to this extent. It’s unfortunately going to take a moderate president with a desire to return to rational policy making to turn this mess around, and the ones that are still running aren’t polling well.

45 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

The main problem we have now is that politics is being fueled by a lack of intellectualism on both sides of the aisle. Folks to the far right often ignore science, and insist that their version of morality is the only version. Folks on the far left ignore economics, and assume that throwing money at a problem is the only way to solve it. Paired with that, the leaders in both parties are often making issues out of non-issues. I’d argue that 70+% of the “issues” people make voting decisions on are irrelevant. Example 1- There’s a lot of debate over abortion, an issue that hasn’t really changed much in 50 years, and isn’t going to change much in the next 50. To change abortion laws in any direction, it’s going to take an amendment, and there is no way more than 2/3 of both houses are ever going to agree. Example 2- People in both parties are using this alleged uptick in violent crime to change gun laws. Conservatives argue that we need to open gun laws for people to better protect themselves. Liberals argue that we need to close gun access further to prevent future shootings. The reality is that violent crime is dropping at an incredible rate with gun laws not really changing much. The debate over guns is quite frankly pointless.

People on both sides are crazy and at the same time they aren’t. The media, the politicians (including both this president and the last one), and the political extremists are fanning the flames of the political fire, making otherwise sensible people act in nonsensical ways.

I won’t pretend to be a trump fan, but it isn’t his policy per se that I can’t stand. It’s a)the fact that he is making this political division so much worse, and b) that he’s at the forefront of this anti-intellectualism in politics movement we’re seeing right now. Obama was guilty of the same things, but not to this extent. It’s unfortunately going to take a moderate president with a desire to return to rational policy making to turn this mess around, and the ones that are still running aren’t polling well.

giphy (3).gif

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

Post of the Day...

Now, that part in BOLD above...that is going to make some people's hair catch on fire. 
1) It's going to make the "Everyone needs a gun cause the world is going to hay-ull in a handbasket. Crime is just getting worse every year..." folks screech like everything because if they knew anything they might get rid of the guns and open up a micro-brewery at a nudist resort and get a life....
2) The "We need to ban guns" crowd cannot live knowing that...violent crime is actually way down. Been dropping since the 1990s. This takes away the crisis they need to manufacture to do stupid things politically. 
3) The news media would crap themselves if that actually had to say that "Yes, things really arent that bad. Things arent perfect but America is growing and maturing as a nation."

Image result for violent crime rates in america

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Post of the Day...

Now, that part in BOLD above...that is going to make some people's hair catch on fire. 
1) It's going to make the "Everyone needs a gun cause the world is going to hay-ull in a handbasket. Crime is just getting worse every year..." folks screech like everything because if they knew anything they might get rid of the guns and open up a micro-brewery at a nudist resort and get a life....
2) The "We need to ban guns" crowd cannot live knowing that...violent crime is actually way down. Been dropping since the 1990s. This takes away the crisis they need to manufacture to do stupid things politically. 
3) The news media would crap themselves if that actually had to say that "Yes, things really arent that bad. Things arent perfect but America is growing and maturing as a nation."

Image result for violent crime rates in america

I’d actually disagree with the bolded statement. Things in country are bad right now, but not in the way that people are discussing. This is the most polarized we’ve been within the last century, and potentially since the civil war. The good news is that I think the political divide is going to come to a head soon. Bernie and Trump are extremists, but it isn’t their extreme views that are necessarily drawing their support. It’s that they are breaking the mold of politicians of the past. People are looking for something different in politicians, but they don’t know what kind of different they’re looking for. Eventually they’ll figure out that this isn’t it either. I just hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Archived