2021 4* QB Dematrius Davis Commits to AU!

ellitor

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Heard he came in out of shape............not 100% verified...........don't shoot the messenger

I think I read that he was injured in his last game which may have impacted physical shape. I think he played up until the time for classes to start so hard to believe he could be much “out of shape”.

• Like 2

Just now, Hank2020 said:

I think I read that he was injured in his last game which may have impacted physical shape. I think he played up until the time for classes to start so hard to believe he could be much “out of shape”.

That's what I was thinking.............hopefully

57 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

bird comes to mind

Knew that was coming. 😆 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

3 of those top 7 guys play(ed) for Clemson. Unreal.

But one of them plays for us! I’m a glass half full guy.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, toddc said:

But one of plays for us! I’m a glass half full guy.

Not only that, the only one still playing CFL ( so matters at all in this context) plays for us.

• Like 1

Really hope it's not true and he comes in and kills it this spring. We all want to see him do great things, but I'm hoping he comes in and forces Harsin to give him the job this fall. At the very least make it a really tough decision. 

4 hours ago, au302 said:

Really hope it's not true and he comes in and kills it this spring. We all want to see him do great things, but I'm hoping he comes in and forces Harsin to give him the job this fall. At the very least make it a really tough decision. 

@au302 not sure he will provide great competition as a true freshman. That’s why there’s been so much talk this off-season about potentially trying to bring in an experienced quarterback to truly push Bo to get better.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Not only that, the only one still playing CFL ( so matters at all in this context) plays for us.

I think that DJ U fella is a Clemson knockoff Tiger...

13 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That works. Easy to hit and my kids like Elmo better, anyway.

Elmo is a p****

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Would question what "out of shape" means.  Is he fat?  Mostly endurance?

I couldn't careless.  He's got time to get his conditioning right.  He's not going to start this year unless we have a disaster.  Let him get his work in, RS...maybe get in a few games to stay under the limit.  Play in 22 when Bo is on his Heisman run and we're up 40 in the 4th.  Start the Bowl game b/c we got screwed by the CFP committee  & Bo declared for the NFL.  Destroy Gus/UCF in the Peach Bowl.  Start as a Tr Soph and hope we get more than 1 year starting out of him.

Simple plan 

• Love 1

and out of college, D1 shape is different that out of HS shape.

His conditioning for HS may be poor b/c of injury which would make him look real bad at Auburn, where they are cranking up the intensity.

I suspect this is more a perspective issue.  The young man just set all kinds of records in a pretty competitive environment.  I doubt he will be the next Jamarcus Russell or Jared Lorenzen.

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 1

Yeah. If your projected franchise QB shows up out of shape, then the why of it is pretty important. But I agree with @Beaker. His resume suggests to me that the benefit of the doubt is more than warranted. 

Best wishes for all of our guys to have a good spring and summer and to show up in August healthy and focused. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. If your projected franchise QB shows up out of shape, then the why of it is pretty important. But I agree with @Beaker. His resume suggests to me that the benefit of the doubt is more than warranted. 

Best wishes for all of our guys to have a good spring and summer and to show up in August healthy and focused. 

Seems to me he has already given up the last of his senior year ( a tremendous senior year I might add) speaks much higher about his willingness to do what is necessary to move forward in his college career.

• Like 3

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Seems to me he has already given up the last of his senior year ( a tremendous senior year I might add) speaks much higher about his willingness to do what is necessary to move forward in his college career.

Totally agree. Everything about this dude screams effort, leadership and success. And true love of the game. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Totally agree. Everything about this dude screams effort, leadership and success. And true love of the game. 

Great way to put it.

• Thanks 1

I would suggest that everyone take a "wait and see" approach with Dematrius Davis before anointing him as anything. It needs to be reminded that Harsin didn't recruit this kid; as such we'll need to learn what HIS opinions are. There is a very real chance that someone like Geriner could "jump" Davis on the proverbial pecking order - it happens all the time when a coach inherits a Freshman quarterback from the previous regime.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, metafour said:

I would suggest that everyone take a "wait and see" approach with Dematrius Davis before anointing him as anything. It needs to be reminded that Harsin didn't recruit this kid; as such we'll need to learn what HIS opinions are. There is a very real chance that someone like Geriner could "jump" Davis on the proverbial pecking order - it happens all the time when a coach inherits a Freshman quarterback from the previous regime.

Accurate. My only prediction for Davis is that it won't be a lack of hard work that keeps him from being QB1. 

14 minutes ago, metafour said:

Great point.

Don't quote me, but I think the first QB Bobo recruited at Thuga was DJ Shockley a DT QB.    I got a feeling they have an idea how they want to develop him. 

DD tossed 3500 yds this year and accounted for something like 13,500 yds  at 6A football in TX.  Honestly, those numbers don't compute in my head.   Keep in mind, his last 3 yrs, the book was out on him and everyone schemed to stop him.  He had to adapt and develop his game to stay on top.

I suspect he will develop nicely and the coaches want him.

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Beaker said:

those numbers don't compute in my head.

Try to scheme against it...

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

Try to scheme against it...

yeah, sorry man.

Well, you don't have to any longer.

On 3/2/2021 at 4:10 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

10282517.jpg

Pretty impressive list

Am I supposed to believe 4* DD is better than Tua and Matt Stafford at this stage? 

7 minutes ago, woodford said:

Am I supposed to believe 4* DD is better than Tua and Matt Stafford at this stage? 

No, that MaxPreps ranking is quite obviously measuring "career accomplishments" in HS. Demetrius Davis was a great HS player, but obviously he was also playing for a great team. They aren't implying that he's the 20th best QB to come out of HS in the past 20 years. We know that isn't the case because otherwise he'd be a 5-star recruit.

• Like 1