Kaepernick on July Fourth: 'We reject your celebration of white supremacy'

Auburn85

now i am craving some pepper chicken.........i like general ho's but too often it is not spicy enough. i

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Speaking of Korean in the ATL....

Have any of you been to Heirloom BBQ yet?  It's a little market bbq spot near the new ballpark where 75 and 285 meet.  The way it was described to me was a Korean lady married a redneck and infused her native country's flavors into slow smoked Southern BBQ.  The description is spot on.  Very different style, but it's some LEGIT BBQ.

Fantastic spot. I think the redneck might be from Texas but don't quote me on that. That's the best thing about the Atlanta BBQ culture. It's not really indigenous, but just a hodgepodge of ideas brought from other places. 

38 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I lived in Atlanta about 20 yrs ago. The places to get authentic cuisine then were many, but Buford Hwy around Chamblee was a hot spot. I had lunch with some good friends of mine last year and they mentioned many of the Korean places had since picked up and moved outward. I guess they possibly ended up in Duluth. 

Yup. Accurate. There was actually a big controversy a few years ago because MARTA came up with the idea to color code the train lines. Guess what they came up with for the train to Duluth? The Yellow line. Yeahhhhhh, pretty sure somebody got fired over that. 

But maaaaaaan, the restaurants up there. You want kimchi jigae? There's are places for that. You want real dolsot bi bim bap? Got you. You want to do your own BBQ at the table? Lots of places for that. You want AYCE bulgoki, galbi, pork belly, etc brought to you Brazilian steakhouse style? Depends on whether you want the place with the Korean War + KPop theme and decor or one of the more chill places. It's heaven. (But expensive!)

Y'all don't get me started on the Szechuan options in ATL. Masterpiece is the current king of the hill but Tasty China and their hot and numbing beef rolls and dry fried eggplant are still stupid delicious. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Fantastic spot. I think the redneck might be from Texas but don't quote me on that. That's the best thing about the Atlanta BBQ culture. It's not really indigenous, but just a hodgepodge of ideas brought from other places. 

Yup. Accurate. There was actually a big controversy a few years ago because MARTA came up with the idea to color code the train lines. Guess what they came up with for the train to Duluth? The Yellow line. Yeahhhhhh, pretty sure somebody got fired over that. 

But maaaaaaan, the restaurants up there. You want kimchi jigae? There's are places for that. You want real dolsot bi bim bap? Got you. You want to do your own BBQ at the table? Lots of places for that. You want AYCE bulgoki, galbi, pork belly, etc brought to you Brazilian steakhouse style? Depends on whether you want the place with the Korean War + KPop theme and decor or one of the more chill places. It's heaven. (But expensive!)

It was great. The training was in Norcross, but they put me in a hotel in Duluth for the week. I was within walking distance of so much good cuisine,  I could have spent a month up there and had something unique and awesome every damn day. 

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

now i am craving some pepper chicken.........i like general ho's but too often it is not spicy enough. i

Generally, I like ho’s too. 😂

9 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It was great. The training was in Norcross, but they put me in a hotel in Duluth for the week. I was within walking distance of so much good cuisine,  I could have spent a month up there and had something unique and awesome every damn day. 

We cursed and were grateful for how far we were from that area in equal measure. 

So for all the discussion about Norcross and Duluth....I grew up in Norcross when it was out in the country, and the food options were not what they are now.....  Name a Heisman Trophy winner from Duluth?  Don't cheat!!!

3 hours ago, auburn41 said:

So for all the discussion about Norcross and Duluth....I grew up in Norcross when it was out in the country, and the food options were not what they are now.....  Name a Heisman Trophy winner from Duluth?  Don't cheat!!!

George Rogers!

I knew it because I always wiki walk towns I stay in. 

1 hour ago, 1auburn1 said:

George Rogers!

Damn, now I’m wishing I didn’t tell you about this at lunch today!!!  You would have never wandered over here if I hadn’t mentioned it. 

Archived