Kaepernick on July Fourth: 'We reject your celebration of white supremacy'

Auburn85

3 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

We got one ready to jump Salty. I am worried. Tread lightly.

try harder argo that was pretty lame. and for the record at least salty has admited trump is a piece of crap at times.......

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

We got one ready to jump Salty. I am worried. Tread lightly.

Me and you ain't "man enough" to make Fiddy jump Argo. 

3 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Amen to this. When I lived in Alabama and going to school I missed Mexican food so bad. About the closest thing I could get was On the Bordet in Birmingham. Which is just a cookie cutter mediocre chain (you probably already know that) which isnt all that great to begin with. lol 

But the Southeastern Mexican food places have white queso. Not that orange junk they have out West. 

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

4 Things:

I am voting for Trump again.

I am proud to be an American and from the South.

The Washington Post is not a credible source as far as I'm concerned.

I said all I meant, and meant all I said. Your prerogative to agree with me or not.

I honestly wish you well and I am through with this particular conversation.

Lol so you don't think he said that? Is that what you are saying as far as the credible source part?

Capitalism wins again.  He is such a staunch leader of the oppressed:

41 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

But the Southeastern Mexican food places have white queso. Not that orange junk they have out West. 

Bruh, we have green chili queso.

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

man that stuff is so addictive.................

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

My dad once tried to get me to eat at a "great" Mexican restaurant in Montgomery.  When I said no thanks, he asked why.  My reply:

"I live in Texas.  The moment Montgomery gets better, more authentic Mexican food than here is the moment I'll kiss your hairy ass."

We got seafood instead LOL

That's one reason why I said "my favorite." I don't know if I've ever had "authentic" Mexican or Tex-Mex food!

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

image.gif

18 minutes ago, Grumps said:

That's one reason why I said "my favorite." I don't know if I've ever had "authentic" Mexican or Tex-Mex food!

That's a great response.

I used to get hung up on authenticity, but then I realized that's a bit of a mirage. People in New York can't even agree on what "authentic" New York pizza is, for example. And people in Texas mostly eat Tex-Mex, which is in fact different than Mexican Mexican food. Even if it's been handed down from generation to generation of Mexican(-American) families. Now, good Tex-Mex is definitely way better than 99% of the places in the SE where you don't even have to look at the menu to know that lunch special #3 is the "Speedy Gonzalez" and a #13 gets you a taco, enchilada, chile relleno, and rice and beans. But is it "authentic Mexican"? Eh. Who cares.

Pappasito's encapsulates this whole idea to me pretty well. 

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's a great response.

I used to get hung up on authenticity, but then I realized that's a bit of a mirage. People in New York can't even agree on what "authentic" New York pizza is, for example. And people in Texas mostly eat Tex-Mex, which is in fact different than Mexican Mexican food. Even if it's been handed down from generation to generation of Mexican(-American) families. Now, good Tex-Mex is definitely way better than 99% of the places in the SE where you don't even have to look at the menu to know that lunch special #3 is the "Speedy Gonzalez" and a #13 gets you a taco, enchilada, chile relleno, and rice and beans. But is it "authentic Mexican"? Eh. Who cares.

Pappasito's encapsulates this whole idea to me pretty well. 

Oh I can find authentic Mexican quite easily here.  It's almost as abundant as Tex-Mex if I'm being real.

As for NY pizza, the answer is Joe's Pizza.  There is no other option.

47 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Fly to Cozumel.  Go to a place called Cuatro Taco.  Gorge yourself for $12.  Fly home.  Yearn for it every day afterwards.

Or just come to Austin and I'll take you to some legit spots.

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Fly to Cozumel.  Go to a place called Cuatro Taco.  Gorge yourself for $12.  Fly home.  Yearn for it every day afterwards.

Or just come to Austin and I'll take you to some legit spots.

I'll meet y'all in San Antonio and y'all can treat me to some of the best!

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh I can find authentic Mexican quite easily here.  It's almost as abundant as Tex-Mex if I'm being real.

Yeah, Austin, I would imagine so. And really that goes for just about every major American metro. You can get authentic damn near anything along Buford Highway in Atlanta. 

But I ranted poorly. My main point was that good is good and I try not to get hung up on authenticity like I used to. You don't eat too many good meals waiting around for that.

Oh, and New Mexican Mexican is fantastic. So is North California Mexican. I haven't had much South California Mexican. Don't know much about Arizona Mexican. Jonesboro GA Oaxaquenan Mexican is probably my favorite so far. That or Rick Bayless Chicago Mexican.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'll meet y'all in San Antonio and y'all can treat me to some of the best!

Dude, had some amazing street tacos in the market down there.

15 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Dude, had some amazing street tacos in the market down there.

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

The only Mexican food I've had in Texas was at Uncle Julio's in Dallas. It thought it was great, and I bet you Texans don't think much of it!

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, Austin, I would imagine so. And really that goes for just about every major American metro. You can get authentic damn near anything along Buford Highway in Atlanta. 

But I ranted poorly. My main point was that good is good and I try not to get hung up on authenticity like I used to. You don't eat too many good meals waiting around for that.

Oh, and New Mexican Mexican is fantastic. So is North California Mexican. I haven't had much South California Mexican. Don't know much about Arizona Mexican. Jonesboro GA Oaxaquenan Mexican is probably my favorite so far. That or Rick Bayless Chicago Mexican.

Frontera Grill in Chicago is on my bucket list. When I heard that Rick Bayless spent YEARS in Mexico just to perfect his mole sauce I knew I had to try it!

Is this the place?

http://taquerialaoaxaquena.com/

7 minutes ago, Grumps said:

The only Mexican food I've had in Texas was at Uncle Julio's in Dallas. It thought it was great, and I bet you Texans don't think much of it!

It’s good, not my favorite. I haven’t eaten at the Dallas one, which I believe is the original one. I’ve been to the one in Fort Worth many times. 

My favorites are The Original and EL Paseo, both in Fort Worth. 

22 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Frontera Grill in Chicago is on my bucket list. When I heard that Rick Bayless spent YEARS in Mexico just to perfect his mole sauce I knew I had to try it!

Is this the place?

http://taquerialaoaxaquena.com/

That's the one! Do you know it? Only downside is no booze.

Amazing salsa bar.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

That's the one! Do you know it? Only downside is no booze.

Amazing salsa bar.

Sadly, no, I don't know it. I just looked it up based on your comment. I file away things like that since I like to eat too much!

Best Mexican? Central America hands down for me. Panama or Costa Rica. Some may not consider it Mexican, but whatever. Amazing!

Tacos in Panama with a side of fried plantains and a local brew, unbeatable. I didn't even know what the meat was at times. Some say kudamundi. (it's a jungle y'all) And the habanero sauce :yay: 

Fresh grilled fish tacos in Costa Rica on the beach (straight from my boat) ridiculous!!! Add a fresh Cuba Libre and it's on!

A coworker moved to San Antonio. I asked about the Mexican food. He said He had better at Rosie’s and Phil Sandavols in Huntsville Alabama. 

Archived