Imagine With Me

kennypowers

A year like no other

Mississippi State is actually good

In a year when nobody really has home field advantage, Mississippi State does with those cow bells. 

The potential magic which we've all seen so much over the decades appears to be possible for them. 

Mississippi State goes to playoffs 🙃😬🙃😬🙃😬

Here's a MMW for you.  University of Louisiana RaginCajuns finish with a higher ranking than LSU :)

2 hours ago, kennypowers said:

A year like no other

Mississippi State is actually good

In a year when nobody really has home field advantage, Mississippi State does with those cow bells. 

The potential magic which we've all seen so much over the decades appears to be possible for them. 

Mississippi State goes to playoffs 🙃😬🙃😬🙃😬

Let’s not get carried away. LSU looked pretty bad today. If Leach is legitimate, Mississippi State is probably 2 years away from being able to challenge for the division. 

22 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Let’s not get carried away. LSU looked pretty bad today. If Leach is legitimate, Mississippi State is probably 2 years away from being able to challenge for the division. 

I wouldn’t say anyone got carried away. It’s difficult to throw for 623 yards vs air, let alone what you call a pretty bad LSU team.

7 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I wouldn’t say anyone got carried away. It’s difficult to throw for 623 yards vs air, let alone what you call a pretty bad LSU team.

They also had a net of 9 rushing yards. With the Mike Leach air raid, almost every yard is going to come through the air. 

35 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

They also had a net of 9 rushing yards. With the Mike Leach air raid, almost every yard is going to come through the air. 

Who needs to run when you throw for 623? 

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Who needs to run when you throw for 623? 

Meh. It was an impressive number, but  I serious have to wonder who actually watched the game. I watched the whole thing. The MSU QB looked very mediocre. Fumbled 2 times, and threw one of the worst INTs I’ve ever seen in SEC play. Like a lot of Leach teams, 95% of his throws were within 10 yards of the LOS. LSU just gave up a lot of yards after catch, and they threw it an insane number of times. The high number of yards was more about LSU’s poor tackling than MSU being extraordinary.

15 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Meh. It was an impressive number, but  I serious have to wonder who actually watched the game. I watched the whole thing. The MSU QB looked very mediocre. Fumbled 2 times, and threw one of the worst INTs I’ve ever seen in SEC play. Like a lot of Leach teams, 95% of his throws were within 10 yards of the LOS. LSU just gave up a lot of yards after catch, and they threw it an insane number of times. The high number of yards was more about LSU’s poor tackling than MSU being extraordinary.

Oh, I had no idea you watched the whole game. That settles it, then.

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Oh, I had no idea you watched the whole game. That settles it, then.

No need to be testy. A lot of people just saw 600 yards passing and assumed the quarterback looked good doing it.

17 hours ago, AUFriction said:

If it works, keep doing it until they prove they can stop it. 623 yds says they didn't do a very good job of stopping it. 

Remember, we struggled mightily the last time we faced a Leach team, and we only survived it due to a KR for a TD. 

7 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

If it works, keep doing it until they prove they can stop it. 623 yds says they didn't do a very good job of stopping it. 

Remember, we struggled mightily the last time we faced a Leach team, and we only survived it due to a KR for a TD. 

True. But our DC at the time was Ellis Johnson. Huge difference with Kevin Steele.

the pirate has a history of taking mid tier teams in their conference and putting up good numbers offensively.   He will have 1 really good (double digit win) season out of 6-7.  I dont know if that will change.  

If he’s planning on running the ball for 9 yards a game and throwing for 600, they're gonna have a bad time later in the season. SEC defenses will eventually be able to neutralize their passing attack. 

13 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

the pirate has a history of taking mid tier teams in their conference and putting up good numbers offensively.   He will have 1 really good (double digit win) season out of 6-7.  I dont know if that will change.  

Yeah, this is what interests me about Leach--he seems to take teams to a certain place & then goes no further.  He's shown he can get a cellar-dweller out of the cellar, but I don't recall him winning anything in the neighborhood of a championship. That said, MSU fans have to be happy today & more hopeful than they've been since Dak was there. 

8 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Yeah, this is what interests me about Leach--he seems to take teams to a certain place & then goes no further.  He's shown he can get a cellar-dweller out of the cellar, but I don't recall him winning anything in the neighborhood of a championship. That said, MSU fans have to be happy today & more hopeful than they've been since Dak was there. 

in looking at his W/L stat line  i couldn't help but chuckle  because it feels alot like Gus numbers from a W/L perspective.   1 magical season  followed by 7-9 win seasons.   If i was MSU i would be very happy with the result.   They will play exciting football and that in an of itself will be fun to watch from their perspective. 

2 hours ago, AUFriction said:

No need to be testy. A lot of people just saw 600 yards passing and assumed the quarterback looked good doing it.

Sorry, I just find it foolish for anyone to ‘meh’ a 623 yard passing effort. I’m not saying the guy is gonna run the table.

On 9/26/2020 at 7:52 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

How many players opt out from LSU after this weekend? Is Coach O Chiz 2.0?

He does walk around with an aire about himself. I can smell the dorals and brute aftershave through the tv.

Leach has done it with bad programs. Washington State was an absolute joke. A 3 win season was a success before Leach.  MSU is by far the biggest football power he has ever been at.  Don't discount the guy. 44 points and 600 plus yards on LSU at home.. If Leach gets a Kevin Steele caliber defensive coordinator, well, they won't be fun to play. Nobody wants to believe it, but Leach is for real.

Archived