Yada yada yada

AURex

56 minutes ago, DAG said:

Upset about threads not talking about football

Starts non football thread 

The main Gus apologist applaud and try to say “I am no Gus apologists”.

Hmmmm

That's what I'm now referring to as, "Gus logic". 

Doesn't so much like the results on the field, so he changes nothing in his  approach or philosophy and blames it all on the execution...although that is only improved by changing expectations and how they are coached.

It seems like neither coaches nor players are accountable for their performances.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, AUTigerTime said:

This coaching discussion is the same thing over and over and over.

Just like Gus' annual losses...

self-isolation-only-day2.gif

10 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I personally believe the apathy is too much to overcome.

Not really, all it will take is replacing Gus. A new coach, no matter who it is, will instantly bring renewed excitement and hope.

9 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

It does feel somewhat similar to right before we hired Muschamp if I remember correctly(?)

It also feels like October of 2017

Maybe the usual suspects can start the 'Glory Days' threads early this year.  Gus seems to have already moved on to next year, anyway.  

As others have stated, the only exciting or even interesting topic concerning Auburn football right now is the hope of replacing the Head Coach.

53 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not really, all it will take is replacing Gus. A new coach, no matter who it is, will instantly bring renewed excitement and hope.

That's what I meant. With Gus, it is too much to overcome for people to want to come on here day in day out and talk about actual football like we normally do. Guess I should have clarified. 

9 hours ago, AUght2win said:

It's a football message board. The discussion regulates itself. It's whatever people are interested in, and whatever the biggest story is. Right now that's Gus' failures.

This post is like complaining that the only thing anybody was talking about in late October was the election.

The OP is the equivalent of saying "I hate the heck out of jobbing this broomstick up my grocery hole."

11 hours ago, AURex said:

Ya know, I visit AUF almost every day and sometimes I contribute as well. But ....... I mean ....... how many threads and how many hundreds of posts do we need saying "get rid of gus and hire X, Y or Z in his place"? It's like, there is nothing here but gus-hate. I am not a gus apologist, I'm ready for him to be axed too, but how many times can everyone say the same ^&%* thing, over and over and over?

Am I less of an AU fan because I'm burned out with this constant repetitive stuff? Am I an AUF hater because I'm just tired of reading the same thing over and over and over?

Actually I'm concerned that, because of the gus-hate-overload, we are losing a lot of fans who are looking for actual Auburn Football information, like who is playing well and where are the weaknesses, who is in and who is out due to injuries or covid, What is the match-up with Miss State, who needs to step up, how does AU match up offensively, etc?

Instead, all we see is "fire gus and hire X, Y or Z." Nothing -- NOTHING -- regarding upcoming game.

And it has been like this for weeks and weeks. No useful, solid info about football, just gus hate.

Look, I am ready for gus to be gone. But I want to see talk about Auburn FOOTBALL, and it is not here. And I think a LOT of AUF members feel the same way.

JMO, which is worth what you paid for it.

Say it until someone that can affect change listens.

I’m certainly no big fan of Gus but I just think with all that has happened this year it is not a good time to be considering a change.  I think we should just support the team and let things play out however our administration sees fit.  That’s what it’s going to be anyway.  

15 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I’m certainly no big fan of Gus but I just think with all that has happened this year it is not a good time to be considering a change.  I think we should just support the team and let things play out however our administration sees fit.  That’s what it’s going to be anyway.  

We should absolutely not do that. Especially if you do support the team

19 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

When you get paid $7 million a year, you are being paid to overcome.  Although he is actually playing at a level playing field as every other coach in college football because oddly this is happening nation wide and not just in Auburn.  I hate this half assed excuse.

27 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I just think with all that has happened this year it is not a good time to be considering a change.  

Why? And if not this year, what makes next year better

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Especially if you do support the team

Bingo. Folks need to quit confusing what's best for the head coach or a handful of players- if that could even be said about retaining Gus- for what's best for the program and university. 

To me, "supporting the team" doesn't mean hoping the coach keeps his job and that the team wins any particular game. It's about hoping that this program is one that can recruit talented, deserving kids and enable them to maximize their potential. 

3 hours ago, creed said:

I came to the conclusion many months ago that the moderators should create a new forum called the "Auburn Football Forum" with strict rules and rename this one the "Bitch and Moan" forum. 

Here's a thought: if the conversation on a forum dedicated to the performance of a football team is mostly negative,  then the performance of the football team might be the problem. 

40 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

Auburn will SUCK next year if Gus is still in charge. There is nothing optimistic about this roster. The future of the program depends on it now. The recruiting will only get worse. COVID cannot be an excuse. Time has not stood still. We're not getting a do-over of 2020 next year. We played a season. The SEC made it happen. It counted. The asterisk doesn't actually exist. 

3 hours ago, creed said:

I came to the conclusion many months ago that the moderators should create a new forum called the "Auburn Football Forum" with strict rules and rename this one the "Bitch and Moan" forum. 

@augolf1716 clean up aisle Creed...

43 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I just think with all that has happened this year it is not a good time to be considering a change.

That works if we aren't in year 6 of these types of results. But we are, and it doesn't. 

Hi, welcome to the internet. Allow me to introduce our all new message board feature where people post useful, feel good messages. People will never use it to complain, hate, antagonize, or try to draw attention to themselves as these kinds of post are not what will get people to read and react. Instead they will be ok with finding a related thread and making a post on page 214 in place of creating a new thread all while remaining on topic.

52 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

Translated: "I'm no big fan of Dr. Death but I just think all that has happened this year it is not a good time to be considering a change. I think we should just support the medical team and let things play out however the hospital administration sees fit. That's what it's going to be anyway."

19 hours ago, CCTAU said:

People are upset. It’s pretty easy to look at the topics and skip the ones that deal with Gus. Read the others.

That's the issue. Every single one of them turn in CGM bashing. Even in recruiting it's starting to show. We all get it, CGM must go, the sooner the better.

1 minute ago, tbone4jc said:

That's the issue. Every single one of them turn in CGM bashing. Even in recruiting it's starting to show. We all get it, CGM must go, the sooner the better.

lololol yah. That is why recruiting is the worst it has ever been under Gus. Because of message board posters. GMAFB. Not the 7 straight seasons of 4 losses or more. Couldn't be that.....

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

lololol yah. That is why recruiting is the worst it has ever been under Gus. Because of message board posters. GMAFB. 

Where do you get that from my post?

Archived