Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to toss out an agreement to those saying we need a recruiter, first, at HC. I'll take it one further and say I would love to have someone who has recruited well at one of the power schools, because I believe that the recruiting game is "different" at that level, and I would like someone who knows how to operate in a world where we recruit against UA, UGA, Tenn, etc.

JMHO

With JABA over christobal, the apathy for Auburn football which has developed under gus is getting stronger by the minute. 

I'll eat my hat if we hire anyone fun or exciting like lane or the pirate.

Yes I know we aren't going to pillage moo st, but God he would make being mediocre fun. 

Just now, PigskinPat said:

I’d love it and think he’s one of those worth taking a chance on because someone definitely will sooner rather than later. Incredible personal story, great recruiter and offensive mind and you know that part of the Auburn creed: I believe in work, hard work? This man is the Auburn creed personified.

Yeah, at this point **** it.

Give him a cheap and short "prove it" contract.

4 minutes ago, AuburnFTW said:

At least we could hope Steele learned something in the past 20 years to improve as HC. Muschamp has only had about 3 weeks.

muschump proved at USCe that he learned nothing from Florida

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

I am good with Muffin or Freeze. I know they both have questionable pasts, but people are capable of living and learning from their mistakes. These are proven offensive gurus. If they could keep Steele, or hire someone of his caliber, either one should be fine at AU, if they stay out of trouble.

I didn't know Muffin was in play but I'm on board.  Blueberry or Strawberry? 

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Why does it have to be a veteran coordinator?  The best offense college football has seen in 30 years was orchestrated last year by a 30 year old.

Yes he was the passing coordinator . He didn’t just do it by himself as seen by some of the goofiness I’ve seen with Carolina. I think it is important to have some veteran leadership who also meets the criteria for quality coordinators . I don’t feel comfortable having a bunch of green people all over the staff. Just my 2 cents . 

and no I am not saying joe Brady is a bad offensive coordinator for the panthers. Only that running a program takes more than just being a passing coordinator.  and the same goes with being a coordinator 

Really wish we had been able to get Cristobal. Three 4 stars and one 5 star.  

https://oregon.rivals.com/commitments/football/2021

OL

Orem, UT

6'5"

9/8/20
SIGNED

OL

Tucson, AZ

6'8"

5/18/20
SIGNED

OL

Scottsdale, AZ

6'5"

5/8/20
SIGNED

OL

Draper, UT

6'3"

10/17/19

5 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I was referring to the cryptic nature of all the “be patient” posts that I’m not sure ever specifically pinned down a mention of being patient for MC. My brain wants to play the semantics game, like perhaps the insiders have been referring to patience for another coach all along?

Well, either way it went, they can always say “this guy is who I was referring to, but I couldn’t say anything because the Cristobal stuff was actually all a smokescreen”

1 hour ago, drewzums343 said:

Looking at the scheduled flights. One of them is coming in to auburn from Greenville south carolina. 

Mike Bobo? 

Muschamp! 😂

Here is brandon streeter and Tony Elliot's recruiting background. I would be absolutely perfectly fine with either.

https://247sports.com/Coach/Brandon-Streeter-3576/

https://247sports.com/coach/Tony-Elliott-1265/

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

I didn't know Muffin was in play but I'm on board.  Blueberry or Strawberry? 

Yeah. Just fixed. Dead blame spell check got me.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yes he was the passing coordinator . He didn’t just do it by himself as seen by some of the goofiness I’ve seen with Carolina. I think it is important to have some veteran leadership who also meets the criteria for quality coordinators . I don’t feel comfortable having a bunch of green people all over the staff. Just my 2 cents . 

Wait you actually think Steve ensminger helped him?!?! Lol

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

No, it was definitely MC. And I believe them. As in... I do think it was about to happen.  If I owe any mea culpas for buying in, by all means, mea culpa.

I think this was every kind of JABA at once- the self-inflicted kind and the bad luck kind. 

Bro. We should never, EVER, EVVVVVVAR underestimate the power of the JABA.

BEHOLD! THE ALL POWERFUL JAAAAAABBBBAAAAAAAaaaaaaa

*echo fades into the distance

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Here is brandon streeter and Tony Elliot's recruiting background. I would be absolutely perfectly fine with either.

https://247sports.com/Coach/Brandon-Streeter-3576/

https://247sports.com/coach/Tony-Elliott-1265/

Or both!! 🤣 Tony Elliott as HC, Brandon Streeter as OC and Derek Mason as DC.

26 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

Jboy thinks it will now possibly be 

1. Sark

2. Will Muschamp

3. Billy Napier

4. Lane Kiffin

5. Neal Brown

says he thinks Neal brown has a small chance thinks Napier hype has died down but doesnt rule out him getting a look, says a small chance Kiffin could be a candidate but not much info on if hes serious about wanting the job or just looking for a raise says if Kiffin interview he will most likely get the job

Everyone’s free to post him and his SOURCES, but I’ve heard quite enough of Jboy’s almosts 

Archived