Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

37 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Passing coordinator my ****.  All you have to do is look at LSU's offensive play calling this year compared to last.  That offense was his, not Ensminger's.

I'd also add to the age debate: a 34 year old coached in the Super Bowl two seasons ago.  If it's good enough for the NFL, it's good enough for us.

Man you need chill. We can disagree. I don’t know what your issue is today 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KnightTiger said:

it did head to Indiana. but as stated Allen was born and raised in Indiana so unless we have a good strong sell as to why he should come to Auburn i dont see him happening

His son plays for IU as well

I wish we would stop discounting candidates just because they're not from the south. I know anyone outside the SEC besides Clemson (and evidently Mario Cristobal) is overrated, of course. 🙄

Just now, KnightTiger said:

possibly interviewing Napier or Fritz?

Or someone at LSU. Or even someone with the Saints. Could even be a student flying since we have the flight program now. They mostly fly prop planes around town though. There's a constant buzz of propellers all day and late into the night. Lol.

Let go the old highschool coach route again. I heard Vestavia coach just retired.. Let throw Buddy Anderson's name in the hat..... #JABA🥴

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Man you need chill. We can disagree. I don’t know what your issue is today 

All I'm doing is disagreeing.  Not out here calling you names or anything.  Stop being so:

lcdCMWz.gif

2 minutes ago, Bo Didley said:

Lafayette La. has airports. No need to visit Napier In New Orleans. 

Unless you want to have a couple of hurricanes and a plate of beignets while you’re doing the interview 😋

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

All I'm doing is disagreeing.  Not out here calling you names or anything.  Stop being so:

lcdCMWz.gif

You sound like you are punching the air over there. It will be okay big guy.  Joe Brady doesn’t know us. 

Just now, DAG said:

You sound like you are punching the air over there. It will be okay big guy.  Joe Brady doesn’t know us. 

I'm not even arguing for Joe Brady man.  I'm arguing against your ridiculous notion that age matters. 

15 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'm so desperate that I'm way over the "baggage" with Hugh Freeze. He's a reformed man lol.

You laugh but freeZe would coach circles around a lot of the names put out there.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Unless you want to have a couple of hurricanes and a plate of beignets while you’re doing the interview 😋

That’s pretty good! I wouldn’t mind either.

-Napier is probably preparing for the sun belt championship game. 

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm not even arguing for Joe Brady man.  I'm arguing against your ridiculous notion that age matters. 

Yep definitely didn’t say that . Again take a couple of breaths. Try again.  I said a veteran. KS is freaking 60 . I wouldn’t consider him a veteran HC. It will be okay 

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I wish we would stop discounting candidates just because they're not from the south. I know anyone outside the SEC besides Clemson (and evidently Mario Cristobal) is overrated, of course. 🙄

It makes a difference in recruiting. A lot of recruiting is having connections, knowing coaches, knowing which schools put out the best players in your recruiting "domain," etc. It is possible for a very good coach to succeed without having experience in that region, but it is harder for them to recruit in their first year or two. Given that our recruiting states are Georgia and Alabama, we need someone that can recruit well right away. An outsider would be less able to do that. Again, I wouldn't exclude someone because they aren't from here or haven't coached here, but I see it as a detractor. They'd better have a big up side to counter it. 

57 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Passing coordinator my ****.  All you have to do is look at LSU's offensive play calling this year compared to last.  That offense was his, not Ensminger's.

I'd also add to the age debate: a 34 year old coached in the Super Bowl two seasons ago.  If it's good enough for the NFL, it's good enough for us.

If I didn't suspect that he wants to stay in the NFL or would jump back ASAP, I would be head over heels for Joe Brady. You don't think the fact that he captained one of the most exciting offenses ever would get recruits' attention?

Archived