The Mystery Candidate

AUght2win

2 minutes ago, Bo Didley said:

His clue was he that he was a coach of past...then present...then past... and now maybe present again?

just having fun with the BS clues being tossed around. I obviously don’t want muschamp but he does fit the context above and it would be a very Auburn thing to do considering.

He is certainly nowhere close to Rushmore. He is more of a zit on a rat's ass, when it comes to being a head coach. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

He also looked tired and uninterested his last year at UW, leading to a shock announcement that he was retiring. It ain't CP

"Recharging". Not retiring.

3 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

And they told Meyer he has to keep Steele and RG.  Lol.  AU is micky mouse embarassing.

Did this actually happen?

1 minute ago, GAAubie said:

He is certainly nowhere close to Rushmore. He is more of a zit on a rats ass, when it comes to being a head coach. 

Ok, missed the Rushmore part, but I guess Rushmore quality depends on who’s telling it. 

1 minute ago, Bo Didley said:

Ok, missed the Rushmore part, but I guess Rushmore quality depends on who’s telling it. 

No offense to you....I'm not a fan of muschamp for any position! 

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

"Recharging". Not retiring.

"I've just got to figure out where all this energy and this passion and inspiration goes, and I don't want it to be on the football field," Petersen said. 

If it's somebody Auburn would have wanted but didn't think was available, that makes the pool of possibilities much smaller. I dont want to out too much stock in Tates click bate antics and rumors about rumors, he's been insanely wrong before about some recruiting things he reported as gospel and gets way too much respect on this forum IMO.

Herman fits the description too.

19 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Les Miles fits that bill and seams more likely than Meyer.

Talk about good Ole boys.  Three yards and a cloud of dust.  Miles’ idea of opening up the offense is running off tackle instead of inside.  He is a Bo Schembeckler disciple from the 1970s and has no desire or willingness to change his playbook for anyone.

25 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Probably BS. If not, I wouldn't mind giving Petersen or Stoops a try. No Urban Crier, please! As for Kiffin, he's not even even on Mount Trashmore, let alone Mt. Rushmore.

If Urban is interested we should say “whatever it takes”. 
he’s a 3x NC & a 4th undefeated season at 3 schools. He is not afraid of anyone in this conference. He would walk in as the 2nd best coach in this league and a .500 record against the 1st best coach. 

26764B69-4372-4812-90F7-4C1CB15A65A9.png

2AFF3A83-1085-4EED-9059-4DF60E7CC405.png

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Mark Dantonio.  .   My imaginary source told me he wanted to try his hand  in SEC football.

Not eligible yet because although he coached under Saban 40 years ago he still hasn’t graduated from the Nick Saban Coaching Rehabilitation Center for Coaches that Can’t Coach.

3 minutes ago, mdp5150 said:

If Urban is interested we should say “whatever it takes”. 
he’s a 3x NC & a 4th undefeated season at 3 schools. He is not afraid of anyone in this conference. He would walk in as the 2nd best coach in this league and a .500 record against the 1st best coach. 

I have had an intense dislike for Urban Crier since he first appeared on the scene. Should AU hire him, I'll support the program just as I will with whoever we hire. That doesn't mean I want that jerk at AU.

33 minutes ago, Bo Didley said:

His clue was he that he was a coach of past...then present...then past... and now maybe present again?

just having fun with the BS clues being tossed around. I obviously don’t want muschamp but he does fit the context above and it would be a very Auburn thing to do considering.

Obviously Schneider from Kansas St.

37 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

And they told Meyer he has to keep Steele and RG.  Lol.  AU is micky mouse embarassing.

image.gifthat can’t be real. 

War Blogle seems to think it is Lincoln Riley. If it is, he's probably doing the same thing Cristobal did. He has it made at Oklahoma. Whey would he ever think about coming here?

3 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

War Blogle seems to think it is Lincoln Riley. If it is, he's probably doing the same thing Cristobal did. He has it made at Oklahoma. Whey would he ever think about coming here?

Yeah, there is soooo much BS out there and leaks everywhere. I’m really starting to think it will be KS and no one else was ever considered 

1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Eric Bieniemy 

Soooo, you really think it’s this guy? Our mystery candidate who, as the hint alludes to, would be listed on the Mount Rushmore  of coaches? Eric Bieniemy? 

Archived