The Mystery Candidate

AUght2win

4 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Soooo, you really think it’s this guy? Our mystery candidate who, as the hint alludes to, would be listed on the Mount Rushmore  of coaches? Eric Bieniemy? 

Hey names are just being thrown out. He played for a National Title and won.  He has also coached Adrian Peterson and Patrick Mahomes and has a super bowl ring as an OC to go along with it. More than Peterson has. So in my book that makes him elite, not MT. Rushmore, but neither is Peterson. So why not. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't intend to say Urban Meyer was secret candidate; just pointing out the absurdity to tell a coach interviewing that he has to keep part of our disfunctional coaching staff.  If they tried that with MC,  no wonder he stayed at Oregon.  Our BOT is made up of goobers.

If its Lincoln Riley, give him everything he wants and get out of the way 

9 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Hey names are just being thrown out. He played for a National Title and won.  He has also coached Adrian Peterson and Patrick Mahomes and has a super bowl ring as an OC to go along with it. More than Peterson has. So in my book that makes him elite, not MT. Rushmore, but neither is Peterson. So why not. 

He’s certainly qualified but clearly not the mystery candidate. It’s gonna a guy with a much better resume than EB. 

Some of y’all have a pretty low bar for what constitutes “earth shattering” and “Mt. Rushmore”. Meyer is the only guy who fits the bill. I feel like a goober even mentioning his name because I don’t think there’s a chance in hell we’re on his radar, but if we’re going to play this game, he’s that guy. 

It’s also baffling how some of y’all turn your noses up at the mention of some of these names. I’d hate to have “________” because he’s a crybaby, “_________” because he used to have a drinking problem, or “___________” because he talked bad about Auburn in that interview. How about we hire the guy who gives us the best chance of turning our football program into a CFP contender year in and year out, and not pretend they’re applying for membership at our super exclusive country club? Yeah, I vote we go with that plan.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Just 3 axe handles wide?

Pat dye classic . I remember the finebitch show when he said that . The Florida game week 

My Mt Rushmore of college coaches the past decade or so would be: 

Saban

Dabo

Urban

Possibly Stoops

Only 2 of these guys are possible, and considering the hot mess that is Auburn athletics, I doubt either Stoops or Meyer are interested.  Hope I am wrong, but I'm afraid the mystery candidate is Les Miles.  

I have interacted with Les recently through a HS recruit, trust me, he is more bat s*** crazy than ever.   Offered a kid a new car on speaker phone.   Then proceeded to babble for 30 mins about nothing.  Keep Les far away....

5 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah, I’m sorry but Riley isn’t on the Mt Rushmore of coaches. Not even close. That’s not to say I wouldn’t want him here, but he’s not there.

Riley's a three run homer, not a grandslam.

4 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Carroll... didn't think about that one.

Carrol is doing just fine in the NFL. Why would he want to take a step backwards?

1 hour ago, chimes said:

Some of y’all have a pretty low bar for what constitutes “earth shattering” and “Mt. Rushmore”. Meyer is the only guy who fits the bill. I feel like a goober even mentioning his name because I don’t think there’s a chance in hell we’re on his radar, but if we’re going to play this game, he’s that guy. 

No Urban Crier for me.

1 minute ago, Jones Field said:

I thought about Pete Carroll. Riley is a stud but NOT Mt. Rushmore.

Yeah, if JBoy thinks Riley is already on the Mt Rushmore of coaches, then he’s losing me. Heck, Jimbo has made more of a case to be up there than Riley has so far.

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

You absolutely don’t get on Mt Rushmore without winning multiple MNC. Just. No.

Now, if it’s the Mt Rushmore of coaches the are willing to come here? Yeah, that’s different.

Agreed. Riley is a great offensive guy, but I have serious concerns about him building a defense at Auburn. I know it's different than the Big 12, but you HAVE to have NFL guys on your DL to win a NC. There's no way around it. Look at how close OU has come recently making the playoffs. They never have the horses up front to make a difference in those games.

8 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Carrol is doing just fine in the NFL. Why would he want to take a step backwards?

They were only listing coaches for the imaginary Mt. Rushmore of coaching.

Archived