The Mystery Candidate

AUght2win

53 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

The key that gives me hope is the candidate reached out to Auburn. So the interest is clear and significant. Hopefully the idiots just get out of the way.

That is what caught my attention. I just remember when the search committee went out to find a replacement for Chizik they said they wanted to hit a home run and came back with Gus. I hope this is true and they swing for the fences.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Just to join the speculation, Jboy claims to know the name. His clue was he that he was a coach of past...then present...then past... and now maybe present again? That’s Meyer all day to me. Don’t believe it but fun to join in. 😜

PTB paid 20 mil to get rid of Gus, guessing they can afford Saban money for UM?

Probably BS. If not, I wouldn't mind giving Petersen or Stoops a try. No Urban Crier, please! As for Kiffin, he's not even even on Mount Trashmore, let alone Mt. Rushmore.

1 hour ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

His clue was he that he was a coach of past...then present...then past... and now maybe present again?  

Les Miles fits that bill and seams more likely than Meyer.

2 minutes ago, Bo Didley said:

Its probably Tom Herman being hyped up. Dude wants out of Texas, but the grass isn’t always greener on the plains!

Texas wants him out.  He wants out as a reaction to that.  It's just a broken marriage all around.

James Franklin's buyout is only $5 mill. Terrific former SEC coach & recruiter that's rumored (hey if Tate can I can) to relish being a historic figure and he's hearing grumbles in less than happy valley but right now could write his own paycheck. The Vandy scandal was long ago and he got a pass anyway. One of the few hirings that could make me happy we fired Gus.

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Translation: if you don't want to talk about this because you're afraid of being disappointed, okay. Not everybody shares those feelings. Some of us find this stuff interesting and want to discuss it. 

But you didn't want to discuss the possibility of a coup? Gotcha(Raymond/Jimmy)! You were trying to convince us to drink the Steele Kool-Aid a few years ago. So who is your choice? Is it Steele? Inquiring minds want to know.

4 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

James Franklin's buyout is only $5 mill. Terrific former SEC coach & recruiter that's rumored (hey if Tate can I can) to relish being a historic figure and he's hearing grumbles in less than happy valley but right now could write his own paycheck. The Vandy scandal was long ago and he got a pass anyway. One of the few hirings that could make me happy we fired Gus.

HELL NO!

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Probably BS. If not, I wouldn't mind giving Petersen or Stoops a try. No Urban Crier, please! As for Kiffin, he's not even even on Mount Trashmore, let alone Mt. Rushmore.

Don’t take this as directed at you, but this is absolutely the reason and thinking that will keep Auburn on the outside.  

He is on par with the best coaches to ever coach.  “ If “ Auburn could get him and didn’t??? Complete failure 

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

Les Miles is worse than Gus!

Gus? that's your measuring stick? 

FYI,    I am not advocating Les,  just throwing the name out there cause he fits some of these supposed "hints."

12 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Les Miles fits that bill and seams more likely than Meyer.

Theres a candidate who would make fans beg for Steele to get the job.

2 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

NO!

His clue was he that he was a coach of past...then present...then past... and now maybe present again?

just having fun with the BS clues being tossed around. I obviously don’t want muschamp but he does fit the context above and it would be a very Auburn thing to do considering.

Archived