• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, VegasEagle said:

This is a joke right? S. O. B. If true 😔

Who knows ... :dunno:

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not excited about Lincoln Riley ? Lol 

He lost two games this year. We only consider candidates with no evidence of past vices, who don’t lose games, consistently dominate with untalented players, have an established recruiting stranglehold over the entire southeast, don’t cry, have no past history of indiscretion (but BP is our fav!), and cannot, under any circumstances, eat boogers. 

28 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I heard the mystery candidate has declined an offer so now we’ll never know who it is, darn it so close. Disappointed because I heard it was earth shattering....

Nonexistent candidate declines imaginary job offer.  I'm crushed. 

Just now, AURealist said:

Nonexistent candidate declines imaginary job offer.  I'm crushed. 

Lmao. Exactly. BOOM!!! BTW I heard from a reliable source not to trust sources.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

You uh, you don't watch much college football, do you?

Um, yeah, I do. I also lurk on Oklahoma bulletin boards occasionally. If Auburn had to face the murderer's row of Oklahoma State and Iowa State to get into the playoffs this year, we'd probably be there.  Oklahoma couldn't have had an easier path to it, and they blew it by losing to Kansas State. You think South Carolina is bad, holy cow, a lot of D2 teams could be K State this year.  Sooner fans not happy, and rightfully so.  He had Kyler Murray for gosh sakes, and couldn't win the big one. Kind of reminds me of Stoops, or Big Game Bob, as their fans sarcastically called him. 

I wonder if this seeming total silence points to any credence to negotiations with a big dog? One can hope. It is very odd that nothing is being said, despite the search being porous with leaks up to this point. 

Sorry to be a debbie downer, but a "Mt Rushmore" type hire would only happen IF.....the PTB give him the full and complete autonomy he's earned and deserved. Otherwise, there WILL be certain limitations on whoever is hired.

5 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Um, yeah, I do. I also lurk on Oklahoma bulletin boards occasionally. If Auburn had to face the murderer's row of Oklahoma State and Iowa State to get into the playoffs this year, we'd probably be there.  Oklahoma couldn't have had an easier path to it, and they blew it by losing to Kansas State. You think South Carolina is bad, holy cow, a lot of D2 teams could be K State this year.  Sooner fans not happy, and rightfully so.  He had Kyler Murray for gosh sakes, and couldn't win the big one. Kind of reminds me of Stoops, or Big Game Bob, as their fans sarcastically called him. 

Lurking on boards does not equal actually watching and understanding the game.  First of all, Riley has won the Big 12, a power 5 conference, every year he's been the HC.  Pretty damn good if you ask me.  This season may have been his best coaching job of all.

Riley also played this season with a true freshman QB.  Those two games they lost this year were Spencer Rattler's first two ever against P5 competition coming straight from high school.  Know what he did after that?  Ripped off 7 straight wins.  And it should be noted, both sides of the ball dramatically improved as the season went on for OU.

And that Iowa State you're crapping on would have killed Auburn.  They're pretty damn good. 

Finally, that Kyler Murray argument is so pathetically stupid.  Quick list of just a few amazing #1 draft picks that never won a natty.

Bo Jackson

Andrew Luck

Jared Goff

Matt Stafford

Eli Manning

Michael Vick

Am I supposed to crap on Frank Beamer's overall success because his Michael Vick led Hokies couldn't beat a loaded Florida State?

This is a futile argument anyway because Lincoln Riley ain't leaving OU for Auburn, but I'd crawl through broken glass to get him if I thought he would actually come our way.

9 hours ago, chimes said:

He lost two games this year. We only consider candidates with no evidence of past vices, who don’t lose games, consistently dominate with untalented players, have an established recruiting stranglehold over the entire southeast, don’t cry, have no past history of indiscretion (but BP is our fav!), and cannot, under any circumstances, eat boogers. 

And no long contracts for lots of money.

7 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I wonder if this seeming total silence points to any credence to negotiations with a big dog? One can hope. It is very odd that nothing is being said, despite the search being porous with leaks up to this point. 

I'm not sure the word "leaks" applies here.  I think the word "fabrications" is more appropriate.

Mystery candidate was supposedly Lincoln Riley who was said to have met with Rane late last week in Dothan.  Rumor from @central_cfb on Twitter.

15 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Mystery candidate was supposedly Lincoln Riley who was said to have met with Rane late last week in Dothan.  Rumor from @central_cfb on Twitter.

That is a name I could get excited about. 

Archived