The Mystery Candidate

AUght2win

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

The key that gives me hope is the candidate reached out to Auburn. So the interest is clear and significant. Hopefully the idiots just get out of the way.

Yeah, it's like the hot girl who swipes right on you, only to find out you have a psychotic baby momma who slashes the tires of any girl who comes near you.

3 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Yeah, it's like the hot girl who swipes right on you, only to find out you have a psychotic baby momma who slashes the tires of any girl who comes near you.

Well another positive, if it's one of those well established vets, they already know all about our BOT baby mommas.

3 minutes ago, Hopsing said:

Why?

I was joking because a few years ago people on this board were hoping he’d come here and there no chance that was gonna happen. Now Michigan wants to run him off and we wouldn’t want him. 

Just now, countoff said:

I was joking because a few years ago people on this board were hoping he’d come here and there no chance that was gonna happen. Now Michigan wants to run him off and we wouldn’t want him. 

Understand 

36 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Nah. I am not a wreck over a football coaching search. 

Come on . The first step in the road to recovery is admitting you have a problem . I’m joking . 

I think Mack Brown wanted the Auburn job at one point in his career but I’m also thinking he is probably to old to deal with the soap opera at Auburn.  

There has been a magical mystery candidate floated around every time we have a coaching change, as well as several years when there was no change.   It’s always bogus!   This year, AU is the best job opening by far, and we’re going to settle for a mediocre replacement.   Very sad!   Hopefully we can give him a $35 million buy out so we can go through this same thing again in a few years!

Urban Meyer is the only "earth shattering" and "Mt Rushmore" candidate out there. I'd be completely shocked if he were to coach. Seems a lot like click bait. If he has legit health issues that keeps making him step away, Auburn is not the place for him anyways. We are the definition of unhealthy. 

3 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Urban Meyer is the only "earth shattering" and "Mt Rushmore" candidate out there. I'd be completely shocked if he were to coach. Seems a lot like click bait. If he has legit health issues that keeps making him step away, Auburn is not the place for him anyways. We are the definition of unhealthy. 

It's about ego and money.  Go look up his net worth.  Not impressive,  heck Gus might have more here soon, if he doesn't already.

Urban Meyer is not going near any job in any conference where he has to go up against Nick Saban every season. Period. As far as Stoops. the moniker "Big Game Bob" is not now nor ever was a compliment. Y'all do know what it means, yeah? And Kiffin? Up and comer, maybe. Elite? By what standard?

51 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I would certainly say so. 147-38. Two Pac 12 titles and a CFP berth in 6 years at UW.

No Natty= No Mt. Rushmore. Has he had a great career? Absolutely, but he’s not up there with Stoops or Urban. 

4 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

No Natty= No Mt. Rushmore. Has he had a great career? Absolutely, but he’s not up there with Stoops or Urban. 

He also looked tired and uninterested his last year at UW, leading to a shock announcement that he was retiring. It ain't CP

18 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

It's about ego and money.  Go look up his net worth.  Not impressive,  heck Gus might have more here soon, if he doesn't already.

I guess it's possible, but I just don't see that being a legitimate possibility.

Archived