The Mystery Candidate

AUght2win

1 hour ago, chimes said:

Some of y’all have a pretty low bar for what constitutes “earth shattering” and “Mt. Rushmore”. Meyer is the only guy who fits the bill. I feel like a goober even mentioning his name because I don’t think there’s a chance in hell we’re on his radar, but if we’re going to play this game, he’s that guy. 

It’s also baffling how some of y’all turn your noses up at the mention of some of these names. I’d hate to have “________” because he’s a crybaby, “_________” because he used to have a drinking problem, or “___________” because he talked bad about Auburn in that interview. How about we hire the guy who gives us the best chance of turning our football program into a CFP contender year in and year out, and not pretend they’re applying for membership at our super exclusive country club? Yeah, I vote we go with that plan.

I have bars in low places

I'm an Auburn fan

And the whiskey chases

my blues away

The song goes something like that.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mims44 said:

Skipped some pages...

Anyone brought up Saban yet? It's prolly him.

Agree.  It's gotten too easy in turdskaloosa.  needs a challenge.

12 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Yeah, if JBoy thinks Riley is already on the Mt Rushmore of coaches, then he’s losing me. Heck, Jimbo has made more of a case to be up there than Riley has so far.

He's throwing Riley on there because I think that's who he's been hearing.  None of the others make any sense (but neither does Riley).

2 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Lincoln Riley has losses to Kansas State and Iowa State this year.   I'm not excited about  him.

You uh, you don't watch much college football, do you?

5 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I heard the mystery candidate has declined an offer so now we’ll never know who it is, darn it so close. Disappointed because I heard it was earth shattering....

Wut!?!?   How did we messed that up?

Just now, VegasEagle said:

Wut!?!?   How did we messed that up?

JABA ...

6 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I heard the mystery candidate has declined an offer so now we’ll never know who it is, darn it so close. Disappointed because I heard it was earth shattering....

Sure

Just now, DAG said:

Not excited about Lincoln Riley ? Lol 

He would bring a brand of football here kids would be fighting over scholarships instead of us begging Ivy League guys to please transfer

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Not excited about Lincoln Riley ? Lol 

I'd easily take him over Freeze who is by far the best candidate so far.

Archived