The Mystery Candidate

AUght2win

10 hours ago, AURealist said:

Nonexistent candidate declines imaginary job offer.  I'm crushed. 

So this is how it went with the Mystery Candidate:

Mystery Candidate: "I'm reaching out to you about your HC position. I'm interested and available."

Auburn PTB: "We are absolutely interested!"

Mystery Candidate: "Oh, you are? Well, I'm not interested anymore."

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Mystery Candidate: "I'm reaching out to you about your HC position. I'm interested and available."

This is how this sh*t seems to be going if you’re listening to the “insiders”. Best post of the day, my friend.

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Auburn PTB: "We are absolutely interested! ...and we already picked your staff for you!"

Mystery Candidate: "Oh really? Well, I'm not interested anymore."

Fixed!

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Or maybe it was:  Auburn BOT turns away nonexistent job applicant who showed imaginary interest.   

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

Or maybe it was:  Auburn BOT turns away nonexistent job applicant who showed imaginary interest.   

So  Manti Te'o is on our BOT?

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Riley also played this season with a true freshman QB.

Spencer Rattler came in with Bo Nix and was one of the few QB's rated higher than Bo. He's a redshirt freshman. You apparently don't understand that the Big 12 is the weak sister of Power 5 conferences.  Two losses there translate to 4 or 5 at least in the SEC. OU would have been mud stomped by half the teams on our schedule. Riley has proved nothing. Ou would have been 4th - 6th in the SEC West. Now Matt Campbell has done a hell of a job with a program that was all but dead.

8 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Spencer Rattler came in with Bo Nix and was one of the few QB's rated higher than Bo. He's a redshirt freshman. You apparently don't understand that the Big 12 is the weak sister of Power 5 conferences.  Two losses there translate to 4 or 5 at least in the SEC. OU would have been mud stomped by half the teams on our schedule. Riley has proved nothing. Ou would have been 4th - 6th in the SEC West. Now Matt Campbell has done a hell of a job with a program that was all but dead.

Dude, I don't know what you were watching this year, but the SEC was largely trash.

Bama is great

Florida's best win is over a pretty meh UGA team

A&Ms best win is over that UF squad

UGA's best win is over......Auburn.  Yippee on that.

Gonna be funny when Cincinnati thumps UGA and OU beats UF in the bowl games.

And considering I live right in Big 12 country, I think I understand the conference pretty well.  It's 4th on the pecking order for sure (ahead of the Pac 12), but OU was not a 4-5 loss team with an SEC schedule this year.  That's just a ridiculous take.  I actually haven't seen any other team in the country improve as much as they have over the last 6-7 games.

41 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Gonna be funny when Cincinnati thumps UGA and OU beats UF in the bowl games.

And considering I live right in Big 12 country, I think I understand the conference pretty well.

We will see.  I say UGA thumps Cincy and UF beats OU handily.  I live in Austin too. I know trash football when I see it, and the Big 12 is trash this year.

Why couldn't the money people at Auburn forked over the big bucks and hired one of the BIG boys.  We will never get out of the hole that some people thru us in. Very sad and very hurtful.

6 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Why couldn't the money people at Auburn forked over the big bucks and hired one of the BIG boys.  We will never get out of the hole that some people thru us in. Very sad and very hurtful.

Because they just used 21 million to fire Gus. 

Just now, aucanucktiger said:

So was this yet another click bate rumor posted as fact?

Most likely just like majority of the rumors

11 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If Jboy doesn't say it (i've seen the same tweet), I'll never listen to the guy again. EVERYONE that held this candidate out for clicks should be held accountable 

🏻There you go. I’ve seen some on here giving JBoy a hard time but if you listen to his show he has great guest and mostly accurate information. 

Honestly, while Urban is undeniably a great coach, he seems to bring a lot of drama with him wherever he goes.  We already have an abundant supply of drama at Auburn and don’t need any more.  I’m happy with the guy we got.

Would be a very Auburn thing to do in not hiring Urban.  Also a very non-Auburn thing to do in hiring Harsin. 

We’ll see whether the risk taken pays off.  One thing for sure, greatness and wealth is earned by taking a risk. 

Archived