MAGAs Trying to Storm the Capitol

Brad_ATX

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

All of that is wrong.  It's also not the same as stopping the government of the United States of America from doing it's job.  There is no equivalency here.

Yesterday was the first time since the War of 1812 that Congress was forced to stop work because the halls were breached by outside influences.  Let that sink in.

I wish I could expect more of them than to equate people busting up windows in their own towns to descending on our nation's capitol at POTUS's invitation and storming one of the most important and sacred buildings to literally interrupt democracy, but I don't anymore. 

These people are actually insane. 

16 hours ago, gravejd said:

Must have missed it when Hillary refused to concede the election and democrats stormed DC to stop Trump taking over. 

Nope but they have stormed everywhere else for four full years including various federal buildings, not to mention actual democratic politicians telling their voters to get in the face of every republican at their work, out to eat, or anywhere else they can to harass or intimidate. The court "threw" it out basically to have them to go back to the states legislators.  

15 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Hell, I missed the whole dispute. All I saw was disappointment. I didn't see anyone disputing that Trump won in 2016. I did see (and agreed with) folks thinking that a system in which the person who received the most votes loses had issues and that we ought to take a long hard look at the electoral college, but no one denied that is the system we have. (Same for Al Gore in 2000.)

Great so you are one of the ones that prefer basically three large cities to choose the president for everyone.

1 minute ago, Tiger4life25 said:

Nope but they have stormed everywhere else for four full years including various federal buildings, not to mention actual democratic politicians telling their voters to get in the face of every republican at their work, out to eat, or anywhere else they can to harass or intimidate. The court "threw" it out basically to have them to go back to the states legislators.  

Yeah i get it. Trump supporters don't care if there is any evidence of election fraud. They are mad and acting out. Its just sad to me that we are spiraling down this path. Dems were mad about losing four years ago and protested. Reds are mad this year and took it a step further. I just don't like where this is going....hoping I am being overly pessimistic about the whole thing. 

10 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Antifa is pretty happy as well. One day you might just figure out that your party and the grand ole party are just two sides of the same coin. Maybe 

This is probably one of the most disgusting posts I have seen in a while. emt, you are better than that.

Woman who was shot and killed was a USAF vet and QAnon supporter. Also, the dummy in the face paint and Buffalo horns was considered the “shaman of QAnon”, despite those that were claiming he’s part of Antifa. 

Coworker of mine was up in arms about the “innocent” unarmed woman that was killed. I was wondering where that energy was when George Floyd and Breonna Taylor were murdered—but I already knew the answer. 

22 minutes ago, channonc said:

This is probably one of the most disgusting posts I have seen in a while. emt, you are better than that.

Based on a recent flurry of activity, it seems emt is trying very hard to change your mind. 

21 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Woman who was shot and killed was a USAF vet and QAnon supporter. Also, the dummy in the face paint and Buffalo horns was considered the “shaman of QAnon”, despite those that were claiming he’s part of Antifa. 

Coworker of mine was up in arms about the “innocent” unarmed woman that was killed. I was wondering where that energy was when George Floyd and Breonna Taylor were murdered—but I already knew the answer. 

Don't lose sight of the parallels here with regard to them trying to turn this into the laziest false flag in history. The Reichstag fire and subsequently blaming it on the Communists is what allowed Hitler to consolidate his power.

It's all nonsense. There were literally dozens of prominent members of the alt-right documented there. People are so gullible that there's a picture of Heimbach with two prominent skinheads floating around which for some reason people are saying "see? ANTIFA. Told you so." simply because someone slapped some text on it. 

Blech. "If they can get you to believe absurdities..."

11 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Don't lose sight of the parallels here with regard to them trying to turn this into the laziest false flag in history. The Reichstag fire and subsequently blaming it on the Communists is what allowed Hitler to consolidate his power.

It's all nonsense. There were literally dozens of prominent members of the alt-right documented there. People are so gullible that there's a picture of Heimbach with two prominent skinheads floating around which for some reason people are saying "see? ANTIFA. Told you so." simply because someone slapped some text on it. 

Blech. "If they can get you to believe absurdities..."

I miss the days when conspiracy theories were actually fun and amusing to entertain. 

37 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Breonna Taylor was in her own residence.

This woman was invading the U.S. Capitol.

Your coworker needs his/her head examined.

New angle of the woman being shot is out there.  Secret Service agent (or possibly FBI - he's in a suit), is clearly pointing his pistol at the people trying to bash in the glass on the chamber doors, ready to fire if they breached it.  She was trying to climb through the busted out window on the side when he shot her.

I feel for her family with her getting sucked into this QAnon bull**** and coming to this end, but there was no injustice or quick trigger here.  File under "play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Breonna Taylor was in her own residence.

This woman was invading the U.S. Capitol.

Your coworker needs his/her head examined.

He’s not very educated on anything other than computer games. I’ve caught him multiple times listening to conspiracy nut bull**** on YouTube on his lunch breaks. 

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I feel for her family with her getting sucked into this QAnon bull**** and coming to this end, but there was no injustice or quick trigger here.  File under "play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

Or as the Proud Boys like to say “FAFO” or “**** Around and Find Out”...she did and she did. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Or as the Proud Boys like to say “FAFO” or “**** Around and Find Out”...she did and she did. 

You notice that all that bashing of the door glass and trying to break in came to an immediate halt after that.  It's like they were convinced they wouldn't do anything about it.  

Well, now you know different.  US Secret Service isn't trained to bluff.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You notice that all that bashing of the door glass and trying to break in came to an immediate halt after that.  It's like they were convinced they wouldn't do anything about it.  

Well, now you know different.  US Secret Service isn't trained to bluff.

Nope. An acquaintance of mine on FB had been glorifying Proud Boys all morning long and during the (failed)coup yesterday. This morning, I pulled up his page and he purged it all. Either he came to terms that he’s on the wrong side of history, or he’s a coward. 

9 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Either he came to terms that he’s on the wrong side of history, or he’s a coward. 

Praying it's the former.

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Yeah i get it. Trump supporters don't care if there is any evidence of election fraud. They are mad and acting out. Its just sad to me that we are spiraling down this path. Dems were mad about losing four years ago and protested. Reds are mad this year and took it a step further. I just don't like where this is going....hoping I am being overly pessimistic about the whole thing. 

Dems "protest" was running a four year coup against the president using the FBI CIA NSA because they claim the Russians spent $100K on FB ads and that swung the election. Their tools?  A fake dossier paid for by Hillary Clinton and fraudulently used in a FISA court.  Part II: Ukraine quid pro quo. Video of Biden actually doing it. Disgruntled loser VIndman lying about the words Trump said on the call.  Hardly a step further than that.  

15 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Dems "protest" was running a four year coup against the president using the FBI CIA NSA because they claim the Russians spent $100K on FB ads and that swung the election. Their tools?  A fake dossier paid for by Hillary Clinton and fraudulently used in a FISA court.  Part II: Ukraine quid pro quo. Video of Biden actually doing it. Disgruntled loser VIndman lying about the words Trump said on the call.  Hardly a step further than that.  

Yeah like i said there is no reason for this protest other than the Reds are mad Trump lost. Its supposed to be about an election fraud. But as your post points out it isn't. Just people mad acting out. 

The Reds did the same to Obama that the Dems did to Trump. The Reds will do it again to Biden and it goes on forever. Now the politicians are joining and even the Ex president is inciting the protestors to try and invalidate the government. 

Its just a terrible path we are on that is getting worse with every election. I hope the trend reverses but i'm not optimistic

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

All of that is wrong.  It's also not the same as stopping the government of the United States of America from doing it's job.  There is no equivalency here.

Yesterday was the first time since the War of 1812 that Congress was forced to stop work because the halls were breached by outside influences.  Let that sink in.

1954 United States Capitol shooting

Archived