Marco Domio enters transfer portal

Maverick.AU

I had high hopes for Marco.  I feel like he was a big get last year but what do I know?

23 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Props to you. You called nearly a week ago

Ha, I was wondering if I posted that here.  I thought I did, but couldn't remember where.  Was wondering if you quoted me to ask me to show my work.  haha

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Ha, I was wondering if I posted that here.  I thought I did, but couldn't remember where.  Was wondering if you quoted me to ask me to show my work.  haha

LOL. No, I only say show your work when you make bogus claims about other people's post. 

• Haha 2

Shame Domio was injured this spring and unable to show the new staff that he could contribute. But transfer guys that do not crack the rotation after 2 years don't typically stick around. Hope he has better luck at his next stop. 

• Like 2

UCF reuniting with Gus. Going to have to rename them AUCF before long...

Another former Auburn player is joining Gus Malzahn at UCF.

Cornerback Marco Domio, who spent last season at Auburn after signing as a junior college transfer, announced Saturday that he has committed to UCF. Domio’s announcement comes just three days after he entered the transfer portal following Auburn’s addition of yet another defensive back transfer this offseason.

Edit- posted at same time as Paladin. :cheers:

Edited by gr82be

Pretty sur UCF had one of the worst defenses last year. He'll probably start there

On 5/20/2021 at 9:35 AM, gravejd said:

Shame Domio was injured this spring and unable to show the new staff that he could contribute. But transfer guys that do not crack the rotation after 2 years don't typically stick around. Hope he has better luck at his next stop. 

Good point. Maybe Gus & Co were not able to determine true talent in the secondary. Seems since Harsin has taken over, a lot of them are running scared from competition. I already appreciate this new culture being taught and expected. In a couple of years, we may be the class of the SEC, which we haven’t been since 13. New regime equals no assumed pass based on stars! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2021 at 3:42 PM, Maverick.AU said:

Then get him the hell out of here.  Can I provide a packing service and moving truck without damaging his eligibility to play for CGM?

Edited by MaxCohen216

39 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Then get him the hell out of here.  Can I provide a packing service and moving truck without damaging his eligibility to play for the vagina called Gus Malzahn?

Smh.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

Maybe Gus & Co were not able to determine true talent in the secondary

We've consistently had DBs taken in the first few rounds during Gus's tenure. DBs have probably been one of the higher drafted positions under Gus. Just recently Noah, McCreary, and Carlton that'll be 3 1st/2md round DBs in 4 years

• Like 2

As soon as muschamp came me pretty much replenished our secondary. Especially the corners. His one year really did allow the foundation to be laid.

He was able to get talent to come, he coached them that one year. Dean came because of that. They were so young that they stayed for a few years and and we rode it as long as we could. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, cole256 said:

As soon as muschamp came me pretty much replenished our secondary. Especially the corners. His one year really did allow the foundation to be laid.

He was able to get talent to come, he coached them that one year. Dean came because of that. They were so young that they stayed for a few years and and we rode it as long as we could. 

Honestly, I don't know if Coach Steele is able to do what he did and revitalize his name in the coaching world without Muschamp coming for that one year.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Honestly, I don't know if Coach Steele is able to do what he did and revitalize his name in the coaching world without Muschamp coming for that one year.

I'm not a big fan of Steele personally, so my opinion is absolutely not

54 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm not a big fan of Steele personally, so my opinion is absolutely not

Yea, I wasn't impressed with him when he was at Alabama or LSU and wasn't happy when he was hired. I think he did a good job at AU, but he had a handful of players that really made his money for him. 

• Like 1

Steele did a poor coaching job last season but his resume for decades was superb recruiting, better than avg game day plans & coaching (w/ occasional horrendous days - e.g. vs W. Va @ Clemson) and he instilled fierce loyalty in players. In any event, Domio's transfer was painfully obvious but he's another good player following his (and our) former head coach to UCF.