Dee Davis Article

Timbeaux38

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Probably shouldn’t have linked with your particular comment but about the overall comments about particular players AU missed on.

I'm trying to stop the coco convo from going to a defensive tone. I was just joking with a friend and letting him know I certainly understand why he thought what he thought and just pointed out some mishaps that could make him feel the way he felt. 

Don't want it to seem like I'm arguing with anybody

• Love 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I'm trying to stop the coco convo from going to a defensive tone. I was just joking with a friend and letting him know I certainly understand why he thought what he thought and just pointed out some mishaps that could make him feel the way he felt. 

Don't want it to seem like I'm arguing with anybody

Understand completely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

If I could've afforded them, I definitely would've had a few more, but 9...whoa!

I'm not sure there are many women on this earth that would be cool with being pregnant for 20 years

41 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not sure there are many women on this earth that would be cool with being pregnant for 20 years

The are a bunch that enjoy being pregnant. Certainly not for everyone.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Speaking of Rivers, our new QB signee has a lot of his characteristics.

Oh great.  Every game is going to come down to a last minute drive with us down 6-8 points now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I think the women that do , don’t look at it like that.

• 2 weeks later...

i told you all back on 12/17 they were not going to play DD! i have no idea why they will not play him but it falls in line with the other coaching decisions that have been made this year.

16 minutes ago, auol72 said:

i told you all back on 12/17 they were not going to play DD! i have no idea why they will not play him but it falls in line with the other coaching decisions that have been made this year.

A few years ago, Gus was a moron for not letting Gatewood in. Gatewood didn’t pan out.

He was a moron for not letting Joiner get more touches. He ended up not even able to crack the rotation at Michigan state. 

Last year, Gus was a moron for not giving shivers more snaps. Shivers had an equally small role under this new staff. 
Earlier this year, Harsin was a moron for not letting TJ take over permanently.

And now, he’s a moron for not benching TJ for a guy that’s listed as 3rd on the depth chart. Look what happened when he did.

I have questions about this coaching staff, but generally speaking, history suggests the coaches know who should be playing. The fact that DD wasn’t on the field probably means he isn’t that good

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

A few years ago, Gus was a moron for not letting Gatewood in. Gatewood didn’t pan out.

He was a moron for not letting Joiner get more touches. He ended up not even able to crack the rotation at Michigan state. 

Last year, Gus was a moron for not giving shivers more snaps. Shivers had an equally small role under this new staff. 
Earlier this year, Harsin was a moron for not letting TJ take over permanently.

And now, he’s a moron for not benching TJ for a guy that’s listed as 3rd on the depth chart. Look what happened when he did.

I have questions about this coaching staff, but generally speaking, history suggests the coaches know who should be playing. The fact that DD wasn’t on the field probably means he isn’t that good

We just needed average today. When QB1 is failing miserably, put QB2 in and many times (like GA St), you get a positive bump.  I would have started Finley after GA St because he earned it. Also Bo was much improved after being replaced and reminded that his job could be gone. Finley started 4 games and never improved, in fact may have regressed. Hard to say but he made his greatest play against GA St, much less talent. He never made great plays against equal talent. DD allegedly was not going to play this year due to an agreement.  Maybe that override the need to use him. Keeping a failing qb in the game demoralizes the offense and defense. Especially when zero improvement is observed. Put a new guy in there and you usually get a new look more energy different dynamic that can either succeed or fail. That’s the chance we never got today. 

• Like 1

That guy who is so bad won three texas big boy high school football championships and more games in his high school career than any other quarterback in Texas history but he is just no good and cannot function under pressure? Right!  We are talking about the wrong person not functioning under pressure.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, auol72 said:

That guy who is so bad won three texas big boy high school football championships and more games in his high school career than any other quarterback in Texas history but he is just no good and cannot function under pressure? Right!  We are talking about the wrong person not functioning under pressure.

Idk, I’m starting to think DD just might have been in a good system in HS and is having a hard time adjusting in college. I think Geriner could be a great QB 

Still most people want to see how bad can DD be. Some people are gamers and some might be practice warriors. TJ was bad today so most don’t want to hear what DD can or can’t do. Pretty sure he can run and take some of the weight off the running backs in a few packages 

Edited by e808

29 minutes ago, e808 said:

Still most people want to see how bad can DD be. Some people are gamers and some might be practice warriors. TJ was bad today so most don’t want to hear what DD can or can’t do. Pretty sure he can run and take some of the weight off the running backs in a few packages 

How are you folks going to get the messages in and out to Harsin about when to play his players. It’s hard to believe he has made it this far wo y’all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Bad decision by Harsin not to play DD today. TJ should be at Jackson State, Alcorn or Gambling.

Agreed.  At best, TJ should be QB#3 and just hand the ball off.  That is a generous assessment.  With all due respect, he belongs in a lesser league.  The SEC is way way over his head.  No accuracy and no mobility.  Why he is playing QB, I have no idea.  If he would have just been a pedestrian QB today we win, even with all our other flaws.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Idk, I’m starting to think DD just might have been in a good system in HS and is having a hard time adjusting in college. I think Geriner could be a great QB 

Based on what?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

How are you folks going to get the messages in and out to Harsin about when to play his players. It’s hard to believe he has made it this far wo y’all.

What does that have to do with anything. This is a message board and last time I checked there aren’t any gate keepers of what can and can’t be said . He made it this fair because he was a program that was a big fish in a small pond. 
As u can see by his statement today he really didn’t know what he was up against. Maybe he has a better understanding now

• Dislike 1

16 hours ago, e808 said:

This.  100%.  My golf handicap is just under 4, if you saw me on a driving range you would think I have never swung a golf club before.  I cant get in to any type of rhythm practicing on the driving range, but as soon as I get on the course and play it's totally different.

There are some good tidbits on why Davis did not play yesterday on the donor side for those curious.  It explains a lot.

4 hours ago, russnagel1 said:

Are you saying there is a part of this site for donors? I’ve donated, how do I find that part of the site?

Go to the Home Page and under 'Donor's Forum' it's called 'The Eagle's Nest'

21 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Agreed.  At best, TJ should be QB#3 and just hand the ball off.  That is a generous assessment.  With all due respect, he belongs in a lesser league.  The SEC is way way over his head.  No accuracy and no mobility.  Why he is playing QB, I have no idea.  If he would have just been a pedestrian QB today we win, even with all our other flaws.

I tend to agree.

3 hours ago, au701948 said:

I tend to agree.

I agree at this point , should not be starter, but calculating the games played he is still a freshman with time between starts so progress is probably impacted. Haven’t seen DD so hard to comment truthfully.