UGA Transfer WR Demetris Robertson Commits to Auburn!!!

Zeek

16 is an ugly number for a receiver, UGA receivers always have ugly numbers for some reason. He knew, he needed a better looking team. 0 looks better. 

This really answers alot of questions after spring ball. WDE!

• Like 2

• Like 1

He also ended up fighting for enough balls to go around with Pickens and JAckson catching most of the balls.

And GA did have issues at QB and changed it a couple of times. Their passing totals aren't much different than Auburn's so they weren't a prolific passing team.

So if he can bring experience and we know he understands a better passing scheme and WR routes, he should add to our needs at WR...

The McPhearson Effect....

On 7/2/2021 at 2:42 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Us wasting NCM, KD, McClain and ... the other big name from that class I'm missing (Stove?) depressed my ability to ever have hope for receivers here 

Those guys PEAKED their first year....with Sean White!!! It never got better!!!

Not really sure I get this comment. NCM fell behind Seth Williams on the depth chart. KD was kicked off the team for smoking too much weed. Did McClain ever really show much? I hardly even remember him. I haven’t been particularly impressed with our receiver development, but I wouldn’t fixate on any of those guys as key examples. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

I feel pretty solid that he'll be our 2nd leading receiver with about 700 yards

46 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I will always have your avi expression when I read these and see the "?"

My mood for the whole season. With the players that were adding after spring I’m hype. Only thing I’m afraid of is the QB situation. I know everybody will be ready for fall camp and ready to go Sep 4.

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 1

This should be great for the team. So here's hoping we send him off in his last year having had the best season of his college career.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Not really sure I get this comment. NCM fell behind Seth Williams on the depth chart. KD was kicked off the team for smoking too much weed. Did McClain ever really show much? I hardly even remember him. I haven’t been particularly impressed with our receiver development, but I wouldn’t fixate on any of those guys as key examples. 

Agree to disagree

But of course some AJC writer posts this

Robertson’s 2017 Dodge Charger was “booted” by UGA Parking officials for illegally parking in an East Campus deck. Robertson is accused of removing the booted tire from his vehicle and then having the wheel clamp removed at a location in Henry County.

I mean sheesh, That's a felony? geez

Edited by Maverick.AU

7 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Robertson’s 2017 Dodge Charger was “booted” by UGA Parking officials for illegally parking in an East Campus deck. Robertson is accused of removing the booted tire from his vehicle and then having the wheel clamp removed at a location in Henry County.

Sure is, I had a buddy you almost got sentenced to prison for removing a boot on his car. Judge wanted to make an example of him I guess. Hired some lawyers and it ended up a fine and some probation. Crazy what the justice system cares and does not care about

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I'd be half tempted to use this as a negative against thuga. THIS is how they treat their players. They turn a parking ticket into a heinous crime, while the Atlanta media pounces on them and broadcasts it to the world.

Edited by slyinsocal
Additional commentary

13 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

100% **** booting companies.  Evil organizations.  Team Demetris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

100% **** booting companies.  Evil organizations.  Team Demetris

A money racket IMO. Freaking +$300 to have those damn things removed + an expensive parking ticket (on campus) on top of the boot charge.  

• Like 1

Those of you that listen to the drive should catch the episode from yesterday. Brian Matthew’s had a glorious “who gives a s**t” attitude about the whole situation. I like the way BM thinks. Glad he covers Auburn.  

• Like 2

• Like 2

On 7/9/2021 at 1:27 PM, slyinsocal said:

I'd be half tempted to use this as a negative against thuga. THIS is how they treat their players. They turn a parking ticket into a heinous crime, while the Atlanta media pounces on them and broadcasts it to the world.

Even GA fans and people in the SE are smashing the article. They can't believe that there making this such a big deal, especially on a college student athlete. Most just wish him well at Auburn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Even GA fans and people in the SE are smashing the article. They can't believe that there making this such a big deal, especially on a college student athlete. Most just wish him well at Auburn.

I've seen same.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Dude you are like a QuickDraw Mcgraw on the posting and beat me every time! Awesome news and probably CBH knew it would happen before accepting his verbal.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paladin said:

So there is an entire article about a problem child when he commits to us but a tweet when its dropped.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

So there is an entire article about a problem child when he commits to us but a tweet when its dropped.

I would have posted the article but the AJC put it behind the paywall.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paladin said:

All that ink to highlight the negative on this kid, and they drop the charges...since it was such an egregious crime to begin with. 

• Like 2