Big Kat has words about AU

WFE12

12 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Ladarius Owens, damn lol

This is for sure going to set us up with a bowl game with them. Watch.

My fantasy would be a playoff game but that has like a .000001 chance of happening.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Both were asked directly about bama. All Bo said is AU isn't scared to play bama when asked that question, directly about bama. Neither went out of their way to say anything negative about bama. Lot different than Big Cat. 

Idk, saying taking the head off the elephant isn’t necessarily taking the high road.

• Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I don't know how good Auburn will be this season and certainly have no idea how good UCF will be, but if UCF was to beat Auburn, I am 100% confident Big Cat would not be the reason.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Anybody who pays attention to things here knows you have hated Gus for years.

It was time for a change and I'm glad we made a change. That doesn't mean the rest of us have to hate the guy. He did his best and won some big games over the years.

Other than to wish him well, unless his team is playing Auburn the only time I think about Gus is when I come here and see the childish posts of those who cannot seem to let go of their hatred.

For the record, I don't hate Gus, I just despise the man. 

Also, I wouldn't get crazy with the he won some big games deal.  He lost more big games, and little games, than he should've.  Especially, for a HC making top dollar.  If this were a business in the private world, the return of investment wouldn't be tolerated, period.  Now, I blame the idiots who hired him.  Either way, I think most of us can agree that no matter what job you do in life, no matter what the pay is, you should do that to the best of your ability.  That isn't the case with Gus and that isn't disputable.  

Whether folks want to admit it or not, 2010 and 2013 happened in-spite of Gus.  The one year he was HC, he absolutely choked,  just like he did in many games when he was a high school coach, with the best talent.   Hell, 2013 is a win if he just listens to his assistants.  Remember Kick-six?  Whose idea was it to put the return team out there?  Not Gus'.  About the only thing Ellis was good for....

Anyway, I made a promise to myself last season that if Gus were fired, I would put his sorriness behind me and move forward.  The info is starting to leak out, and in time, hopefully, a book will be written on how not to run a D-1 program.  Like the book about Michigan's fall years ago.

I am as excited for a season to start as I've been since Chizik was hired, no cap.   War Eagle everyone!

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148867jgxzebrmcyyfe05r6

Big Kat is a perfect example, and more validation of much, much research, that smoking weed regularly before 25 lowers IQ.  Hilarious.

• Haha 2

Whether it's what Fair said or what Big Kat said, it's usually not a good thing to let your mouth write checks your @$$ might not be able to cover.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Big Kat is a perfect example, and more validation of much, much research, that smoking weed regularly before 25 lowers IQ.  Hilarious.

I'm pretty sure that's not true though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's going to be so fun to watch. T-Will won't have Steele or Rotney there to coach for him. The guy couldn't break down film with Harsin on his interview. Not even the basic / fundamental things. 

☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

The comment itself is way more hilarious than infuriating because Big Kat just took a huge dump on Gus without meaning or knowing. That's honestly quite funny. However, this is also really infuriating because it highlights the culture that Gus had built here. 

If it is true that T-Will could not break down basic football concepts with Harsin, that is just horrific. I really do pray that's not true for obvious reasons, but the poster that posted that is very reliable. As bad as that is for T-Will, it's even worse for his superiors, his players, and the university since we would have an employee that is literally not qualified for that job. You literally can't spin or defend that. That's completely unacceptable for an analyst much less our linebackers coach. 

I wish Gus, T-Will, Big Kat, and everyone that used to be at AU nothing but the best both personally and professionally. There is a reason the players and coaches (Caddy) that are still here are here and the ones that are not are not. Simple as that. Time for fall camp

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:
Replying to @BigKat
Two NFL draft picks on the DL that was getting double teamed you had 1.5 sacks in 2019. That’s all the proof you need https://twitter.com/BigPat_03/status/1422704202774626312

------Mic drop 🎤

This is why he should've not talked, while he is probably having a rivalry and banter with his old teammates, the fan base are angry for real and want to embarrass him. Then somebody bring something like this up which makes you think and be like damn sure did.

Now everybody is going to keep saying this. And you better believe some idiot on ESPN will regurgitate this as if he came up with it himself if people evaluate him for the NFL

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:
Replying to @BigKat
Two NFL draft picks on the DL that was getting double teamed you had 1.5 sacks in 2019. That’s all the proof you need https://twitter.com/BigPat_03/status/1422704202774626312

------Mic drop 🎤

😀😀:wareagle:

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, au302 said:

If it is true that T-Will could not break down basic football concepts with Harsin, that is just horrific. I really do pray that's not true for obvious reasons, but the poster that posted that is very reliable. As bad as that is for T-Will, it's even worse for his superiors, his players, and the university since we would have an employee that is literally not qualified for that job. You literally can't spin or defend that. That's completely unacceptable for an analyst much less our linebackers coach.

If T-Will he was indeed clueless as a position coach and provided little to no value to the defense, why would Steele have kept him on staff for so long?  And how did he just forget everything he learned as a player at AU and in the pro's to the point where he couldn't breakdown film?  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, keesler said:

If T-Will he was indeed clueless as a position coach and provided little to no value to the defense, why would Steele have kept him on staff for so long?  And how did he just forget everything he learned as a player at AU and in the pro's to the point where he couldn't breakdown film?  

Probably because Steele was a linebacker coach himself so he could take the pressure off of T-Will to actually coach the fine details.  It may have shielded him from his deficiencies.  T-Will was and is an ace recruiter so that was a big reason to keep him.

Great players do not necessarily convert into good coaches.  What may have worked for him to be a good LB may not be a fit for every LB out there.  If WDE is correct in that he has a big ego, he may not be willing to have taken advice from Steele on how to coach because he thought he knew how to do it with his accolades from earlier in life.

• Like 1

My philosophy on all this is to just ignore Big Kat.  I am grateful for the work he put in at Auburn and wish we had been able to get more from him. I wish he would have stayed and opened himself up for a different style of coaching. Could have been major growth for him.  I know he left himself open for comments, but he’s not on our team anymore, so he’s not going to be anyone I am going to waste energy on. I wish him the best and we’ll see how it plays out. 

Always be kind. Anything else makes you look bad.  😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

14 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Always be kind. Anything else makes you look bad.

I am totally, 100% not going to succeed at this, but it's always appreciated to see someone who walks the walk remind us to try.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3

#*!% @3rdgeneration…..always making the rest of us keyboard warriors look bad being all gracious and stuff. Just once can’t you be childish and crude like the rest of us morons (really speaking mainly for @McLoofushere but you know what I mean…)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, fredst said:

#*!% @3rdgeneration…..always making the rest of us keyboard warriors look bad being all gracious and stuff. Just once can’t you be childish and crude like the rest of us morons (really speaking mainly for @McLoofushere but you know what I mean…)

Did you just call me a warrior?!?!?!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Whether it's what Fair said or what Big Kat said, it's usually not a good thing to let your mouth write checks your @$$ might not be able to cover.

That was my point whether it was directly or indirectly. Both were out of pocket. However, one will definitely have to back it up soon.

• Like 2

Yep. bama is definitely going to play better and harder because of what that new DL said over the summer. We were a trap game for them but now they've got it circled. saban probably isn't thinking about much else tbh. 

I'll bring up again the story that MJ told on that ESPN doc, about how he eviscerated a rookie one night. Just went at him nonstop on both ends and humiliated him all night. He said it was because the kid made some fairly innocuous comment that could be construed as mildly and vaguely disrespectful towards MJ. Thing is, the kid never said it. MJ made the whole thing up to motivate himself. 

Y'all really gotta let that go. 

2 hours ago, au302 said:

The comment itself is way more hilarious than infuriating because Big Kat just took a huge dump on Gus without meaning or knowing. That's honestly quite funny. However, this is also really infuriating because it highlights the culture that Gus had built here. 

I wish Gus, T-Will, Big Kat, and everyone that used to be at AU nothing but the best both personally and professionally. There is a reason the players and coaches (Caddy) that are still here are here and the ones that are not are not. Simple as that. Time for fall camp

Yes, he basically is saying Gus was outrecruited by a coach in a weak conference. I mean if UCF is better, it isn't because of Gus, and it sure as hell isn't because of I Can't Find The QB Bryant. To call him big kat has always made me laugh. It's almost as if someone is making fun by calling him that.