* Official Auburn vs. Akron Game Thread *

abw0004

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

This game is not 37-0, with the previous regime, just sayin

I was just coming in here to say that. I’m thinking something like 24-7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is everything we could have asked for and the complete opposite of the last regime. I realize it’s Akron, but as others have said, I think Gus would have had us up 17-7 with Bo running for his life and probably an interception. We look like a disciplined, well-coached team. What a fantastic start for Harsin. 

• Like 2

I like what I am seeing. Bo looks comfortable which makes a world of difference. Spreading the ball around is working out well for the entire offense. Tank is a MONSTER!! Its Akron but it is still impressive. These warm up games will pay dividends against Penn St.

Just now, fishepa said:

So this is what it’s like to be a bammer fan. I like it. 

Minus snuggling up next to your sister/wife in your double wide .

• Haha 4

Just now, tbone4jc said:

Can we please stop rehashing the past? Let it go. "We know Dan"

This is cathartic. It'll stop eventually but we've got 8 years of this to release.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Why?! Take the game with you to poop. You have a phone😂

Some things are sacrosanct.

Just now, tbone4jc said:

Can we please stop rehashing the past? Let it go. "We know Dan"

8 years of the past, with the frustration, takes more to get over than just one game outside of that

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really really enjoyed that half of football. going under center in the redzone, utilizing a fullback with his hand on the ground, downfield options with wide open check downs. 

The team doesn’t seem rushed or panicked, just smooth. 

• Like 3

'bout d**ned time we had a couple warm-up games to start a season. Sure, I hate it for Akron. They're overmatched but show plenty of effort and class. I know without a doubt, in similar situations in the last 5 years, AU would be struggling. Now, we are cycling personnel and shooting for perfection. Making efficient use of the opportunity in front of us instead of letting it slip away. A few miscues. Sure, a ranked SEC opponent would not allow such opportunities as AU has enjoyed. But, dang, it's past time AU caught a break and the staff capitalized on it. War eagle!

• Like 2