Why Auburn beats PSU

bigbird

Fumblin Fannin.  

You guys seen any of the Twitter back and forth going on?  Auburn fans started using #weare and put it on silly things.  Penn State fans don’t think Auburn knows what they’re about to walk into.  Lots of good back and forth.  I haven’t seen heat like this for a game in awhile.  Gonna be fun Saturday night.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. This is the first season of his career where I think he might be behind two surefire NFL dudes for those every down duties.

Just hate he's missing such a huge game.

Huge bummer for him and us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Fumblin Fannin.  

You guys seen any of the Twitter back and forth going on?  Auburn fans started using #weare and put it on silly things.  Penn State fans don’t think Auburn knows what they’re about to walk into.  Lots of good back and forth.  I haven’t seen heat like this for a game in awhile.  Gonna be fun Saturday night.

Love it. Haven't been this excited about a game in a loooong time. 

5 hours ago, Didba said:

Dyer, Jovon Rob, Duke Williams.  Dyer hurts me to think about.

DeAndre Green for me. 

Originally posted this in the Franklin press conference forum but wanted to ask this here, where a lot of knowledgable posters are discussing the game. I saw where Franklin said he's unsure of whether to watch Boise film, UGA/CSU film, etc. Doesn't want to put much stock into what we ran the first two games, which really stood out to me.

My question is, based off the first two games, how much similar/different does this offense look compared to a traditional Bobo or Harsin offense? Some things even a casual fan like myself can already spot such as under center, 12/13 personnel, etc. Just hard for me to believe we'll come out running something completely different than the first two games. 

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Man this week is going as slow as a snail

Lol, I was thinking the same thing.  I'm eager to see what my Tigers are really made of going against an equally good opponent in their stadium in prime time.  I'm looking forward to seeing a team that looks well prepared and plays hard for 60 minutes.. win or lose.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Ha! Last night I was certain it was Thursday and told my two young sons we could watch a little of the NFL game before they had to go to bed. I was so excited that today was going to be Friday and only a day away from the AU game! Well, I was sorely disappointed when there were no games listed on ESPN's website and soon realized it was Wednesday...🤬

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WFE12 said:

It's the calm before the storm.  Go spend time with your family.  Tell them you love them and give them one more hug.  Because Saturday, WE GO TO WAR.

robert-california-lizard-king.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

It's the calm before the storm.  Go spend time with your family.  Tell them you love them and give them one more hug.  Because Saturday, WE GO TO WAR.

robert-california-lizard-king.gif

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488699izykdmbwv9ro04h8

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

"Just can't catch a break" is pretty ambiguous. What break is it that he can't catch? This guy has always been a favorite of mine but to date things simply haven't fallen into place for him. Except for that TD run in the Iron Bowl! That was in place. I'd like to know what's wrong right now?

His aunt passing and being in Covid protocol is my guess 

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

His aunt passing and being in Covid protocol is my guess 

Yes. I deleted that post after I saw that his aunt had passed. The Covid problem, that's on him. It was avoidable

• Like 1
  • Dislike 4

46 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yes. I deleted that post after I saw that his aunt had passed. The Covid problem, that's on him. It was avoidable

Shame you didn’t just not write this one!!

• Like 2

Man I can't wait to see what Harsin puts on the field tomorrow night.  Win or lose, I'm so excited about the future of Auburn football right now.  And frankly, its been awhile since I felt that way.

I am cautiously optimistic.  I think our defense is legit, and neither Clifford nor Nix are going to show out and dominate the game.  If it's a match-up of running backs, I'll take Tank Bigsby over anyone in college football today.  And I think our OL can do just enough to get it done in the run game.

I think the loss of Shivers is actually very meaningful and is the biggest factor giving me pause.  Having a change-up RB to put on the field would be an enormous advantage IMO.  He's extremely underrated in general.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2021 at 7:39 AM, bigbird said:

Let's try and keep the reasonings more X's and O's rather than "SEC < Big" type of takes.

IMO, One of the things that leans in our favor is the fact that their IOL is weak and just not very good. Our DL and blitz packages should create a lot of opportunities. I think we create enough pressure up front to control the game.

I too believe we can win this game. The big throw down I hear is Bo’s road record, but Bo today is not the Bo of the last two years. I think there are reasons for that. First I think Bobo’s offense is much more suited for Bo. Second we are deep at RB. I think PS will be trying to stop the run a lot more than pressuring the QB. I think with the addition of our TEs in our air attack and a much better goal line offense, we will do well. Defensively I think we are better already than last year in all 11 positions. I think we have a better Edge rushers than we had last year or two. The LBs are good and the DBs are fast. This is Harsins chance to make a statement in Auburn. I think CH has shown me he is a very detailed and methodical coach. He doesn’t miss any game day angle. I won’t pick a score but I think we win by a TD or more. War Eagle 🦅🦅🦅

Edited by Eagle Eye 7
  • Like 2