Why Auburn beats PSU

bigbird

5 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

And don’t forget PS is 6-6 in white out games ( at home none the less) that doesn’t sound like that white out is working to well for them 🤔😂

8-8

12 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Shame you didn’t just not write this one!!

My post was accurate. In every life, the time comes when one must be aware that actions or inactions have consequences. The best that can be gained from this inaction is a tough lesson earned.

6 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

And don’t forget PS is 6-6 in white out games ( at home none the less) that doesn’t sound like that white out is working to well for them 🤔😂

They do pick the toughest home game every year for the white out. That 50% winning percentage is deceiving.

45 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

It is, it is happening.

I think it would look really cool, but If you have ever been in a pop up bow hunting blind with shoot through screen windows,  you quickly realize it is MUCH easier to see through  a black screen than a light colored screen.    (similar to your house window screens.    Look through an aluminum screen  then look through one of the black nylon(?)  screens.

I realize this sounds ridiculous,  but I stand by it...

lighter colors reflect more light.

I would be worried a white face mask would have too much light reflected off the inside and would hinder the players view  just a little bit,  but a little bit can be enough to mis-judge a pass or something stupid.    

If we ever go to orange or white face masks,  I hope the inside of the facemask is painted flat black.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, DAG said:

I hope this is a real thing!

Random equipment question for anyone.  

Are facemasks considered part of the "official uniform"?   Can different facemask colors be worn by different players like cleats?  or does it have to conform to the team, like jersey color/pants etc.?

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

They do pick the toughest home game every year for the white out. That 50% winning percentage is deceiving.

Disagree. The white out effect is what's deceiving. Beaver stadium is a tough place to play a game but not because of the white out. If the white out was that big of a factor then they would have won more of those tough games. If it makes them play harder then I get it but it hasn't proven to affect the better opponents based on the record. No disrespect intended, I've always liked them but the white out isn't what will beat Auburn...A better football team will beat them. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 1:07 PM, McLoofus said:

If there's an Auburn player whose career has frustrated me as much as Worm's, then I can't think of his name right now. 

On 9/15/2021 at 6:45 PM, cole256 said:

Mario fannin for me. He was really good....he just couldn't hold on to the ball so he couldn't play but I had to see he's available all the time

Tristan Davis for me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Might be Anthony Schwartz for me.  We misused that guy in almost every conceivable way.

You're so right on that one.  

Could be a fun thread...most underutilized/mismanaged player under each coach.

Dye

Bowden 

Tubs 

Chiz 

Gus

14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Might be Anthony Schwartz for me.  We misused that guy in almost every conceivable way.

He doesn't stand out to me as much because of how many wide receivers Gus misused, and badly.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He doesn't stand out to me as much because of how many wide receivers Gus misused, and badly.

He does for me because of his unique speed.  Just never put him in many positions to be great.

• Like 1