QB1 TJ Finley!

tgrogan21

32 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

It took a lot of guts to put Finley in with the game on the line. I'll be shocked if he doesn't start at LSU.  Happy for Finley and his family. Very sad for Bo and his family. Life is rough sometimes.  I think it's possible Bo's shoulder is dinged, but the controversy will stay I think.

I didn't feel like he had a choice. If he didn't put in Finley and we lost, he would have looked like an idiot, IMO. I think most of the fans (including me) were hoping for the change.

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Like 2

Nix has been nothing but terrible. The guy has no poise, and his feet are way too nervous. He won't settle down and make clean throws and he's too short to see over the line when things break down (unlike Finely). Not sure how he can be anywhere close to 6'3". I saw him last year at Tiger walk and he looked my height (6'). Either way, Nix just can't do it. Its sad that we have no qb's at Auburn. Obviously you can't win without a qb, and we aren't winning with Bo. I have a feeling Finely won't be a lot better in Baton Rouge, but imo he deserves the shot, as at least he showed poise and playmaking ability....even if we still overthrew several open receivers....

How are we so bad at throwing beyond 15 yards? I seriously can't believe how bad it is...

• Like 1

not trying to pile on but people want to compare us to Tennessee. Well If Bo Nix starts next week he is officially are Jarrett Guarantano. He has had three years..let it go

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

It took a lot of guts to put Finley in with the game on the line. I'll be shocked if he doesn't start at LSU.  Happy for Finley and his family. Very sad for Bo and his family. Life is rough sometimes.  I think it's possible Bo's shoulder is dinged, but the controversy will stay I think.

I know that at this level, any minor injury makes a huge difference. An all-star major league baseball pitcher gets a blister the size of a pea on his throwing hand, he can’t win a minor league game.  The talent level is so high at that level. But I do believe it’s deeper than that with bo. So take Bo and THEN add an injury……

52 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

I think Tank will definitely need some retooling, but if we go to a better style of play and get in some more traditional ACE formations and throw in 2 TEs to help the OL in the Zone Run game.... We may be ok. Hunter also seems to be the better Zone Runningback.

Just hoping that Tank is fully recovered by next week so he doesn't keep trying to overthink his running next week. Also so am hoping Worm is in better shape next week. The ENTIRE team was sleepwalking through the first half. This was the worst case of non-effort or focus I believe I have ever seen from an AU Football Team. It seems like some coaches are able to keep this from happening, but not so sure. Those that seem to never start a game asleep, are so loaded with talent and motivation that that never becomes a problem.

Tonight a QB change was needed to change the teams outlook and players seemed to respond. Since Harsin has not called and asked my opinion, we will all have to wait and see what next week brings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'll lose every bit of hope and respect for this coaching staff if Finley doesn't start against LSU. He deserves it after the 98 yard drive. It should be his job unless he loses it.

Imho, just judging from the change in attitude of the entire team after he entered the game, Finley's play making ability in the game winning drive and the results I'de say Finley has earned the starting spot.  He wasn't perfect, he missed two or three long passes but the pocket presence was excellent and was able to escape and extend plays that we've yet to see this season.  QB1 = Finley.

Edited by SRBautigerfan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Imho, just judging from the change in attitude of the entire team after he entered the game, Finley's play making ability in the game winning drive and the results I'de say Finley has earned the starting spot.  He wasn't perfect, he missed two or three long passes but the pocket presence was excellent and was able to escape and extend plays that we've yet to see this season.  QB1 = Finley.

It turned out great but on the TD throw, there was no need to turn around and take off running backwards. Just slide step up.  that seems to be a theme with Auburn's QB's. 

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

This year is a wash might as well start TJ for the rest of the year. 

Our O-line suggests next year will be a wash also.  CBH will need some instant outstanding recruiting to avoid that. 

Edited by SRBautigerfan
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, EastAl_Tiger said:

It turned out great but on the TD throw, there was no need to turn around and take off running backwards. Just slide step up.  that seems to be a theme with Auburn's QB's. 

9 minutes ago, EastAl_Tiger said:

It turned out great but

I don't understand anything you said after that.  Finley delivered.  Wasn't perfect but he delivered.  Nix looked terrible.  Maybe Finley flops at LSU and Nix comes in to bail him out, who knows, but he delivered, saved the day and deserves the start.

hahahaha ----

Auburn has no legit competitive QB. We got Bo, who is proven mediocre. And we got TJ, who is unproven against decent opponents.

Personally, I'm all for letting DD our 3rd string guy go live and get prepared for next season ------ because this season is already down the tubes.

If the OL doesn’t improve, none of our QBs will stand a chance against most of our SEC competition 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

As the old saying goes:

Everyone's favorite quarterback is the backup

The back up won us the game today

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

I still believe DD is the best QB on our roster.

I don't believe he's the best QB for this system just because the current coordinator has some fixation with difficult back shoulder deep throws as a means of getting downfield. Finley b/t his velocity and arm strength should be the best for that

However, if the OL continues to be a problem and they continue running those dummy pseudo read option plays, he could be the best option. Hope to see him at some point 

• Like 2