QB1 TJ Finley!

tgrogan21

5 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Did Bo have a guy jumping up in the end zone catching the ball? Did he have a Canion catching a ball on the sideline by twisting back and making a play. There are other examples also. I’m not saying Bo was better, I’m saying there’s not much difference between the two, except the height. 

If the team plays better for TJ, then play TJ. If not, play the guy that has the best week of practice. 

So the WRs are miraculously better when TJ comes in? If that's true, it's all the more reason to play TJ. But it might have more to do with the balls actually being catchable, if not perfect. 

Listen, for all we know Finley could play horrible and never play again but this game today people aren't going to pretend that he wasnt much much better than Bo. 

Edited by cole256
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

He also kept the play alive several times. Something Bo has been incapable of doing. He also was in his first game thrown in a situation for a comeback. Bo has had 3 years to start and prove his accuracy. I don't know why you need more time to see change. 

That's what impressed me the most, since the primary knock on TJ is he is not mobile. He is pretty slow, but he kept the play alive long enough to make it work. That's all I need. We have other players that can run the ball. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

True. He did that on one drive and it was a thing of beauty. But in the previous drives, he missed open guys and struggled. He may turn out to be great, but tonight is not definitive proof of that. 
We’ll see what happens. 

Of course there's no proof TJ will be great! But there's tons of proof Bo won't. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

No that was capers, but that was a bad pass too but the play before that

Oh. I wasn’t specifically meaning that play to Canion. I was just pointing out that great catch he made on the last drive. And yes, the pass to Capers was high but hit his hands. The pass to Jackson was high, but he jumped and caught it. Seems we need our WRs to be Houdini for any of our QBs to be successful.

20 minutes ago, Auburninbham said:

yep....I get that TJ will get the start.  I get that.....

But I'm hoping it's a pretty quick hook and we go back to Bo because I don't want the LSU game to get too out of hand and I think we can win with Bo who will then become the starter again.

I just don't think TJ is going to be accurate.  What I saw in the game today were some pretty bad misses. To open guys.  Now I know the response is that Bo is known for having accuracy issues......True, but I still think he has the chance to be much more accurate than TJ

My guess is that Harsin feels this, but the outcry to not give TJ a chance against LSU would be too great.  So we are going to see him.  I hope I'm wrong but I don't think the results will

be good.

I’m sorry. I’m a Bo Nix guy just as much as the next guy… 

But is a ice cold take. 

Bo can win us games even though he has the same issues as TJ??? 

if anything I can argue that Bo will NOT win is games and show evidence of him hurting us more than helping us. 

TJ earned a start with his performance today when Bo couldn’t do anything but get happy feet. If TJ falters, well, it wouldn’t be much different than what Bo would have done anyways. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Did Bo have a guy jumping up in the end zone catching the ball? Did he have a Canion catching a ball on the sideline by twisting back and making a play. There are other examples also. I’m not saying Bo was better, I’m saying there’s not much difference between the two, except the height. 

If the team plays better for TJ, then play TJ. If not, play the guy that has the best week of practice. 

Well maybe he wasn't putting it in a spot where they could make a play on it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

"1 drive."

One 98 yard drive with the game on the line converting multiple 3rd and longs and a miraculous 4th and 9. Give the guy his due. It's his job.

Thank you. I don't care if it was against Georgia State. In fact, that may have put even more pressure on. Fact is, he got the job done today. 

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

Projecting much.

I never said anything about you saying TJ would be great. 
I just stated he may turn out to be great. 

Are you projecting much? My point is your argument that it was no definitive proof tonight about T.J. Finley is irrelevant. The only definite proof we have is after three years Bo clearly is not the guy.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Auburninbham said:

yep....I get that TJ will get the start.  I get that.....

But I'm hoping it's a pretty quick hook and we go back to Bo because I don't want the LSU game to get too out of hand and I think we can win with Bo who will then become the starter again.

I just don't think TJ is going to be accurate.  What I saw in the game today were some pretty bad misses. To open guys.  Now I know the response is that Bo is known for having accuracy issues......True, but I still think he has the chance to be much more accurate than TJ

My guess is that Harsin feels this, but the outcry to not give TJ a chance against LSU would be too great.  So we are going to see him.  I hope I'm wrong but I don't think the results will

be good.

What?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You still aren't explaining why when Bo does it you feel like he can get better

And that pass to the tight end is literally the most NFL throw that has been made. 

where did I say Bo can get a lot better?

Bo has flaws, and I doubt he can improve a ton by this point.  Maybe a little, but I  certainly don't expect Bo to turn into Charlie Ward.

But I still think Bo's typical performance going forward is going to be better from what we are going to 

see from TJ. 

35 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

He also didn’t have guys jumping and contorting to catch the ball to keep the drives alive either. It’s all relative. 

I hope TJ does great. But what we saw today does not insure that. 

If TJ makes our receivers better then maybe we should play the QB that makes our receivers useful instead of bunch of route runners

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Oh. I wasn’t specifically meaning that play to Canion. I was just pointing out that great catch he made on the last drive. And yes, the pass to Capers was high but hit his hands. The pass to Jackson was high, but he jumped and caught it. Seems we need our WRs to be Houdini for any of our QBs to be successful.

The differences between the high throws was Bo's was a little higher and Finley's throw had touch and those very slight differences makes one catch be one of the hardest catches you can make and the other not hard at all. 

That has a bunch to do with arm talent, which I'm going to talk about in the morning. Also you had passes where tj is hitting them in their chest

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Whether it's TJ or someone else, we are going to struggle at QB this season. People just need to get ready for that. 

I rather struggle with the youth. Let them get experience and grow. Three years should be more than enough of a sample size.

• Like 3

I think this is a win-win-draw for us. One of three things happen:

1. TJ is the guy, we improve offensively

2. Bo is pushed, improves, we get better

3. They both are average at best and we stay the same

I don't see a situation where we are worse off no matter how you cut it. 

• Like 3

Just now, DAG said:

I rather struggle with the youth. Let them get experience and grow. Three years should be more than enough of a sample size.

No doubt, but I won't be surprised to see Bo back at QB1 at some point this season. Maybe even next week. Hope that doesn't happen, of course. 

4 minutes ago, Auburninbham said:

where did I say Bo can get a lot better?

Bo has flaws, and I doubt he can improve a ton by this point.  Maybe a little, but I  certainly don't expect Bo to turn into Charlie Ward.

But I still think Bo's typical performance going forward is going to be better from what we are going to 

see from TJ. 

You said get much more accurate, which for a QB is much better. You haven't seen no be an accurate QB I'm assuming you are saying you haven't seen tj be one and that's why you expect him to be bad

Just now, DAG said:

Are you projecting much? My point is your argument that it was no definitive proof tonight about T.J. Finley is irrelevant. The only definite proof we have is after three years Bo clearly is not the guy.

“Clearly “ is a subjective term. 
But it does seem Bo is not progressing as quickly as he needs to under the current coaches. 
At this point, he and TJ are about even. 
Let the guy with the best week of practice start and use the hook early if they are not effective. 

I'm waiting for the tj competed harder than everybody else, and what a leader he was, and how great his attitude is, and how impressive his interview was, and the class he had by complimenting Bo and all of that

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

"1 drive."

One 98 yard drive with the game on the line converting multiple 3rd and longs and a miraculous 4th and 9. Give the guy his due. It's his job.

Don’t forget against a scrappy opponent 

Just now, cole256 said:

I'm waiting for the tj competed harder than everybody else, and what a leader he was, and how great his attitude is, and how impressive his interview was, and the class he had by complimenting Bo and all of that

Don't hold your breathe. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Now that is a valid argument. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

“Clearly “ is a subjective term. 
But it does seem Bo is not progressing as quickly as he needs to under the current coaches. 
At this point, he and TJ are about even. 
Let the guy with the best week of practice start and use the hook early if they are not effective. 

So TJ is even with a guy who has had a full year of experience over him. Got it.

Just now, DAG said:

So TJ is even with a guy who has had a full year of experience over him. Got it.

Their play wasn't even at all as tj was much more poised and heady under pressure. The only thing I can give Bo is say tj this was one game or half