QB1 TJ Finley!

tgrogan21

1 minute ago, DAG said:

So TJ is even with a guy who has had a full year of experience over him. Got it.

Of course. He didn’t have two years of bad coaching and a totally different system to purge from his habits. 
Its hard the change systems. Some people are better at it than others.

Not every QB can be as good at it as a Jason Campbell. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Their play wasn't even at all as tj was much more poised and heady under pressure. The only thing I can give Bo is say tj this was one game or half

Correct. But you have fans claiming he is sooo much better than Bo. At this point, it was basically one drive. A helluva drive, no doubt. 
As I stated, let them compete all week.

Start the guy that looks better. Give the hook early if needed. 

Or say to heck with it and scrap Bo and go with Finley. I am afraid of how these same fans will react if that turns out to be a bad decision. 

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

Correct. But you have fans claiming he is sooo much better than Bo. At this point, it was basically one drive. A helluva drive, no doubt. 

Or say to heck with it and scrap Bo and go with Finley. I am afraid of how these same fans will react if that turns out to be a bad decision. 

I haven't seen anyone claim Finley is so much better than Bo, although I could have missed it. 

What I'm seeing is people ready for a change and to try something new, which is completely understandable. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You said get much more accurate, which for a QB is much better. You haven't seen no be an accurate QB I'm assuming you are saying you haven't seen tj be one and that's why you expect him to be bad

where did I say I think bo will get much more accurate?  I didn't say that at all.  I just expect TJ to be even more inacurrate than Bo....not for Bo to improve a bunch.

We'll see how TJ plays against LSU.  I'm not expecting much.

Keep in mind TJ played a ton in the LSU-Auburn game last year.  Granted Bo had an example game for him(maybe his best), but at no point during that game did I see TJ playing and think I'd rather have him than Bo out there.

• Like 1

Couple things

1) bo is not a good qb. He was a average to good qb with good experienced receivers and a borderline super start in Seth Williams, but without those guys, he is not a good qb. He doesn’t make decisions fast enough and more than half the time he throws the ball behind or over his receivers. With Seth making absolutely ridiculous catches we see where we are.

2) not sure how finely ends up. He was pretty bad at lsu but they had oline problems just like us. He played much better than bo today but the other think was it did seem like the team played harder when he got in there. Blocking was a little better abs guys were making tougher catches. Defense was already playing better but it seemed like they elevated too.

has the team wanted this change?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another question I have is where is the Dual threat ability of Bo? Like I swear I seen Finley break off a long run and not Bo. Why does he not keep the read either. It is just weird man.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Auburninbham said:

where did I say I think bo will get much more accurate?  I didn't say that at all.  I just expect TJ to be even more inacurrate than Bo....not for Bo to improve a bunch.

We'll see how TJ plays against LSU.  I'm not expecting much.

Keep in mind TJ played a ton in the LSU-Auburn game last year.  Granted Bo had an example game for him(maybe his best), but at no point during that game did I see TJ playing and think I'd rather have him than Bo out there.

Ok so now you want to play you didn't say anything while avoiding explaining why is it you feel Bo is more accurate of a passer. Gotcha

9 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

The bottomline is Bo's chances ran out today. If he was going to be a good QB, it would have happened after that trip to Happy Valley in year 3. Instead, he turned around with arguably the worst game he has ever played.

I don't care if TJ turns out to be worse than Bo. Bo has revealed himself to be incapable of greatness, and I would always be trying to find someone great instead of settling for mediocrity. 

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

Couple things

1) bo is not a good qb. He was a average to good qb with good experienced receivers and a borderline super start in Seth Williams, but without those guys, he is not a good qb. He doesn’t make decisions fast enough and more than half the time he throws the ball behind or over his receivers. With Seth making absolutely ridiculous catches we see where we are.

2) not sure how finely ends up. He was pretty bad at lsu but they had oline problems just like us. He played much better than bo today but the other think was it did seem like the team played harder when he got in there. Blocking was a little better abs guys were making tougher catches. Defense was already playing better but it seemed like they elevated too.

has the team wanted this change?

Thank you for bringing up Seth. Some on here act like we are better off without him. He was fun to watch and would have made a huge difference this year. 

Just now, cbo said:

Thank you for bringing up Seth. Some on here act like we are better off without him. He was fun to watch and would have made a huge difference this year. 

He is sorely, sorely missed. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I wouldn't write Bo Nix off yet. 

Man, I would. I don’t doubt he might play again, like you said. But he doesn’t have it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

He wouldn't make it on a CBH team [yellow font] 

Is it me or do the WRs mis-jump or flop around in the air? SW had really good body control. I remember he was mossing on Delpit at times.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Man, I would. I don’t doubt he might play again, like you said. But he doesn’t have it. 

Yeah I meant about him playing again. Don't disagree about him just being who he is at this point. I don't see a magic light coming on, but today was bad even by Bo Nix standards. The best version of Bo Nix, although not great, is capable of winning a lot of games. 

Ball is in Finley's court though, and who knows, if Finley poops the bed against LSU, it may be Davis who Harsin trots out instead of Nix. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

He had 1 drive for a TD. That’s great.

Yep he lead 4 drives one of which was a TD.  One resulted in a missed FG, one resulted in a fumble at the GST 24, and the other drive ended in a punt. Three of the four should have been scoring drives. He probably won't start next week, he may be used in some special packages or something but won't start.

One thing he did that I liked was spread the ball around. He locked in on Capers at times, but I think Capers/Canion/Jet/JJ/Shed and Kobe all caught balls from him. In terms of Bo, its tough. Hate to see any kid get booed off the field like that. He needs to support his teammates like they have supported him and stay ready. 

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

He wouldn't make it on a CBH team [yellow font] 

Is it me or do the WRs mis-jump or flop around in the air? SW had really good body control. I remember he was mossing on Delpit at times.

That’s exactly right. 

The only thing I don’t like about Seth is that Bo probably wouldn’t be playing this year without him. 

11 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah I meant about him playing again. Don't disagree about him just being who he is at this point. I don't see a magic light coming on, but today was bad even by Bo Nix standards. The best version of Bo Nix, although not great, is capable of winning a lot of games. 

Ball is in Finley's court though, and who knows, if Finley poops the bed against LSU, it may be Davis who Harsin trots out instead of Nix. 

I agree this was the worst Bo. But the best Bo against good teams does not cut it. 

I hope Finley is the answer. But I don’t know. If he’s not, let’s try Davis. Anything other than trying the same old thing that doesn’t work after 3 years. 

• Like 1