QB1 TJ Finley!

tgrogan21

1 minute ago, cbo said:

I agree this was the worst Bo. But the best Bo against good teams does not cut it. 

I hope Finley is the answer. But I don’t know. If he’s not, let’s try Davis. Anything other than trying the same old thing that doesn’t work after 3 years. 

Hard to argue with this

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cbo said:

Thank you for bringing up Seth. Some on here act like we are better off without him. He was fun to watch and would have made a huge difference this year. 

Those people are goofy 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, au302 said:

One thing he did that I liked was spread the ball around. He locked in on Capers at times, but I think Capers/Canion/Jet/JJ/Shed and Kobe all caught balls from him. In terms of Bo, its tough. Hate to see any kid get booed off the field like that. He needs to support his teammates like they have supported him and stay ready. 

Bo is a good kid where it actually matters, in real life. But he dug his own grave on the field. Who knows? Maybe he can refocus and if an opportunity comes, he can seize it. I wish him the best. But I can't say he doesn't deserve benching. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Auburninbham said:

where did I say I think bo will get much more accurate?  I didn't say that at all.  I just expect TJ to be even more inacurrate than Bo....not for Bo to improve a bunch.

We'll see how TJ plays against LSU.  I'm not expecting much.

Keep in mind TJ played a ton in the LSU-Auburn game last year.  Granted Bo had an example game for him(maybe his best), but at no point during that game did I see TJ playing and think I'd rather have him than Bo out there.

TJ played well today, but he was a deer in headlights less than a year ago when he started and got benched for LSU.  We may be in a back and forth mode until someone solidifies the position.

15 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Hard to argue with this

Thanks, man. And I know you weren’t arguing in the first place. You always make good points on here. 

I am very concerned about the QB position. Finley lacks mobility and will get tested and exposed next week. Bo can probably only perform behind a veteran OL and with a bunch of NFL WR's at his disposal. For some reason, DDavis is not getting a fair shot.

What about next season?

How do we feel about Holden Geriner? Could he be another Bo Nix? I think we need to go shopping for a new QB (transfer portal).

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Sojourner said:

How are we so bad at throwing beyond 15 yards? I seriously can't believe how bad it is...

I thought this might be one of our better improvements this season.  I was thinking new HC, new OC, and new WR coach it would just have to be better. But here we are.  Harsin didn't shine today, but it is just plainfully clear what a talen rut Gus left us in. 

Today’s game was won because someone was smart enough to find Finley in the transfer portal, evaluate him, get him on the roster, coach him up, AND have the guts to actually put him in with the game on the line.

But no. Let’s throw our hands up, scream at the sky, and jump off a cliff. It takes time to install a culture, and careful, smart decisions to flip over a roster.

Be patient.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, AUreo said:

I am very concerned about the QB position. Finley lacks mobility and will get tested and exposed next week. Bo can probably only perform behind a veteran OL and with a bunch of NFL WR's at his disposal. For some reason, DDavis is not getting a fair shot.

What about next season?

How do we feel about Holden Geriner? Could he be another Bo Nix? I think we need to go shopping for a new QB (transfer portal).

You realize that LSU played a statue today at Miss St? We'll be okay

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

The bottomline is Bo's chances ran out today. If he was going to be a good QB, it would have happened after that trip to Happy Valley in year 3. Instead, he turned around with arguably the worst game he has ever played.

I don't care if TJ turns out to be worse than Bo. Bo has revealed himself to be incapable of greatness, and I would always be trying to find someone great instead of settling for mediocrity. 

This. Bo didn't play great at Penn State. He had terrible game today. He looks locked in and didn't make good throws. He's not great. Good programs usually have good quarterback play. Texas is the best example. Bo isn't the guy. He's shown that in back to back weeks. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

This. Bo didn't play great at Penn State. He had terrible game today. He looks locked in and didn't make good throws. He's not great. Good programs usually have good quarterback play. Texas is the best example. Bo isn't the guy. He's shown that in back to back weeks. 

We have two very talented dudes in Finley and DD on the roster.  If Bo isn't getting it done, put them in.

Harsin had the stones to do it today, thankfully.  Lots of folks here talking like TJ is mediocre or something.  The dude also had Bama, Texas and Penn State coming after him in the transfer portal.  He's talented AF.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AUreo said:

What about next season?

It's gonna be interesting. Harsin will probably bring in some transfer from the west coast that is a solid pocket passer QB, most likely a tested veteran. 4 man competition. I do think Holden will have a shot if TJ doesn't become the man this year. Hopefully DD gets his chance, but I wouldn't count on it

15 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Loved this answer …

Im loving the fact he is getting aggravated. We have a coach that actually gets animated and not just a robot saying we had a good week of practice. 😎 Just gotta have patience. 

Wooooooooo I suspect they do a little hitting this week 😂 Oh how so remember the Saturdays after a poor performance on Friday night. Practice usually started out with poor attitudes and before it was over you had better have each other’s back or you weren’t getting through it 😂 Good Times!

12 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I still believe DD is the best QB on our roster.

Jay Tate was talking on the Brain Drain that he’s not yet a good practice player so he hasn’t built up trust with the staff yet.  They recognize he’s a gamer, but not doing all the little things in practice to establish confidence.

Also, I think there’s a good chance Bo starts in BR…don’t know that we want to throw Finley into that environment, with all the personal emotion and history.  Could be a disaster that hinders his development.  I think Bo totally loses the job some time in the Georgia game.

6 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Big difference b/w him and TJ is that TJ kept his eyes down field when escaping the pocket.

• Like 2

One thing I noticed yesterday from Finley was his use of the pocket. He is able to get more velocity on his throws not only because his arm is strong but because he is good at using angles in small spaces(the pocket) to give himself enough time to fully step into it and throw off his front foot.

13 hours ago, DAG said:

Definitely should be repping with the 1s and building synchrony for sure. 

Hopefully some of his off target passes were do to cohesion with the #1 WRs.

I didn't watch the 1st half so can't really comment on Bo outside his status line looked like trash.

Finley had a few good throws and a good amount of errant passes, but he got the job done when it counted ans drove us 98 yards.  Hopefully the over throws can be worked through with Reps.

TJ seemed to have good control of the offense, made pre snap changes and reads (idk if they were correct, but he was making calls).

I hope he gets the start next week. Would be a cool story vs his prior team and I live Harsin talking about how nothing worked so he had to change all the pieces on offense. Nice to see that