* Official Auburn vs. Georgia Game Thread

abw0004

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Need 5 o-line and 5 receivers in this class. A couple more at each position in the portal. Need a portal QB as well. Just a major over haul on the offensive side of the ball. Receivers deserve the most blame imo but those three position groups simply need upgrading if we want to get more consistent

This is the most true statement I’ve seen. Save keondre Jones, Schenker, and Kobe we want a clean slate.

That entire drive was because the D was gassed. We're missing too many starters on an already mismatched team. Offense struggled all game and the Defense paid the price. :( 

• Like 1

Defense gassed. Zakoby needs to make that stop but no depth kills us. 

Edited by tbone1430
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

GA is a dang good team . AU had all the chances to win or be more competitive. Not sure anyone will beat GA

They're good, but we're not very good at all.

bama owns them. And I hope they beat them again. I can't stand uga. 

Unless bama thrashes them in the SECCG, they'll probably still make the playoffs. So it might be better for uga to win the SECCG, so bama will beat them in the NC. (hard to beat bama twice, see LSU). Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if bama beats uga twice.

Edited by yngwie1995

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Or, and hear me out, they could also play zone because many teams do that as well, including ones in the NFL.  Broncos do it every week on 3rd and long.

So what. Doesn’t matter what they are playing. You have a running back flaring completely open and plenty of time to dump it off.  Look at the play again.

Our only two loses will be to teams in the top 4.  And this is our coach’s first year.  We could be doing a lot worse.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

I guarantee you Stetson sees it. And Bryce Young. And Matt Corrall. And Emory Jones.  Do I need to keep going. Maybe in Texas they don’t practice blitzes but they do in Al and Fl.  Your expectations of what a starting qb should be are somewhat low.

You can’t guarantee that. It’s obvious you’ve never been behind center at competitive level. The  blitz was disguised. The QB was looking at the play and his reads. When those guys pop up in your  face, there is no time to drop off a pass.

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Are you sure your watching the AU game, because on my tv the teams been nailing it in all day. They are pathetic .

I can see how you say that. But I've been around Auburn a while. I've seen getting outplayed AND just walking around like there's a happy hour somewhere we about to completely miss.

Just now, abw0004 said:

Our only two loses will be to teams in the top 4.  And this is our coach’s first year.  We could be doing a lot worse.  

Out of likes but I'll judge more next week.

3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

People don’t understand how this game works. When you don’t have any good players you have to get good players and those players will need time to get to a level they can compete on the sec level. This all takes time, a long time unfortunately

Yeah Bro...how is the "getting good players" going??? We have 0 OL commits and took 0 OL transfers. 

Yall are effing kidding yourselves if you think there isn't responsibility on the current talent (no transfers) and future talent (no commits)

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

I guarantee you Stetson sees it. And Bryce Young. And Matt Corrall. And Emory Jones.  Do I need to keep going. Maybe in Texas they don’t practice blitzes but they do in Al and Fl.  Your expectations of what a starting qb should be are somewhat low.

LOL!  Whatever man.  I'll put Texas 6A up against just about any high school ball in the country.

My expectations of a starting QB are realistic enough not to make a dumb blanket statement about HS football players seeing something that at least half of FBS QBs miss.

Could Bo be better?  Hell yes.  No argument there.

But you really need to understand the scheme and talent gap between HS at any level and the SEC.  Go watch a game in your area next Friday and just count the simple mistakes.

3 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

It's amazing what Kirby has done with all that 5* talent. 

Sorry to double post but Gus blowing it with 5*s (Ashley and Coward, in particular) was a killer.

Edited by AUwent
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I bet you try harder than our receivers are doing today. I just wonder how many drops we had so far...

Drops doesn't mean lack of effort.  It means lack of skill.

• Like 1