3* OL Drew Bobo Commits to uga

Zeek

14 minutes ago, Newbomb said:

Ok Bobo is not coming to Auburn because Daddy was fired.  Here but will go to Georgia where Daddy was also fired.

Georgia didn't fire Mike Bobo....

• Like 1

This isn't exactly surprising. The kid has been in Auburn less than a year and had no connections to Auburn other than his dad working here. Now combine that with the fact they fired his dad and it is hard to blame him for making a change. For him Athens and Colorado were where he grew up so it isn't shocking he would go to Georgia. As far as a chance to play, he would be better here but him going to Georgia makes sense.

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

Enjoy riding the pine. They’ll bring a 5* in this position every year while he’s there. 

This is a classic Saban move. Take a guy we're after but he'll never play. Kirby learned from the best.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, woodford said:

Enjoy riding the pine. They’ll bring a 5* in this position every year while he’s there. 

1 minute ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

This is a classic Saban move. Take a guy we're after but he'll never play. Kirby learned from the best.

You are both right. 

2 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

People who can’t read the room are just so lost in some aspects of life. Good luck to the guy but jeesh. Go to MSU, USC, or Kentucky and compete from the jump for some PT. 

Maybe he just wants to coach one day? If so, not a bad move. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, woodford said:

People who can’t read the room are just so lost in some aspects of life. Good luck to the guy but jeesh. Go to MSU, USC, or Kentucky and compete from the jump for some PT. 

Maybe he just wants to coach one day? If so, not a bad move. 

Probably sentimental as well. He grew up all UGA and what not, he's a legacy, etc. I get it but it's still recruiting blackball

1 minute ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Probably sentimental as well. He grew up all UGA and what not, he's a legacy, etc. I get it but it's still recruiting blackball

Hope we can kick his a** between the hedges next October 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I feel for the young man.  Auburn was probably his best chance for PT and that is why I think he has not announced his actual de-commitment despite his father being let go, but with his Georgia roots there is a strong pull to go there but as so many have said he may sit the pine.  From a PT standpoint he should probably go to Kentucky.

One thing I disagree on is him not getting any PT at Georgia. As an OT or OG he would sit on the bench but as a Center he has a shot as that is the most cerebral position on the O-Line and being a coach's son that gives him an edge there. He has good size for a Center so he might surprise some people if he becomes a starter at Georgia.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

UGA boards mad that they got him. Kind of pathetic

That’s actually kind of funny

• Haha 1

Frees up a scholly! Even though he would have a better chance, I'm not sure he would have gotten much PT at AU. Not a big loss, we need better OL but even if we can't get better we can certainly do as good. Good luck to him at UGA. 

28 minutes ago, Frozen Tiger said:

Welcome to your spot on the pine… Enjoy

Hope u feel better with this post.  We just fired his old man after one year.  The Bobo's move their entire family to AU and now will have to move again.  Anyone in their right mind understands this move.  And he's 18 or 19 years old.  Thinks he can develop into a good O Lineman.  And I for on, hope he does.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tinman said:

Hope u feel better with this post.  We just fired his old man after one year.  The Bobo's move their entire family to AU and now will have to move again.  Anyone in their right mind understands this move.  And he's 18 or 19 years old.  Thinks he can develop into a good O Lineman.  And I for on, hope he does.

Hope you feel better with yours Mr Bobo. Holy crap

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tinman said:

Lol give me 7.5mm and I'll happily move 2x

• augolf1716 changed the title to 3* OL Drew Bobo Commits to uga