eatting crow thread

aubiefifty

i said tj needed more playing time as i did not think bo was quite getting it done and maybe the team doubted him. after the arkie game we can clearly see that is just not true. so bless me father i have sinned. i will repeat the creed a dozen times and give a hundred war eagles!  any of you guys got anything ya want to get off your chest? grins

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

UGA has done that to everyone this year

The point is when Bo can play like this, consistently, against an actual defense I will be excited. But again, we played Arkansas...

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 4

Just now, DAG said:

One game . Need consistency. We still have another couple tough opponents. No need to eat crow. Save it until we see a full vacuum of plays

Well I for one will eat crow. I was happily surprised at the start of the game, but began to be more pessimistic the second half. The D showed up when they needed to. Still scared of OM, TAMU and Bama, but this is a great win on the road against a good team. 

• Like 2

Just now, Old fan 47 said:

Well I for one will eat crow. I was happily surprised at the start of the game, but began to be more pessimistic the second half. The D showed up when they needed to. Still scared of OM, TAMU and Bama, but this is a great win on the road against a good team. 

You can do whatever . I am just saying it is one game. Our fans are so reactionary. We play good this week and then we lose next week with bad offensive play and everyone wants to fire everybody and play DD. The whole team played really good but we still got tough sledding. This is a great win to build off of.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Dude. We played Arkansas. Did you forget what UGA did to us just 7 days ago?

No way you are mentioning UGA, or bama, as teams we are on equal footing.  Let me know when Auburn goes all-in on getting the best players money can buy.

This was a great road win, War Damn Eagle!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Maybe we get a second helping of it in atlanta? 🤷‍♂️

That's certainly optimistic. But if that did happen.....maybe we could beat them the 2nd time just like they beat Auburn in 2017.

Dream big if you're gonna dream at all....

Edited by Tigerbelle
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

You can do whatever . I am just saying it is one game. Our fans are so reactionary. We play good this week and then we lose next week with bad offensive play and everyone wants to fire everybody and play DD. The whole team played really good but we still got tough sledding. This is a great win to build off of.

I agree. That’s my point. Our schedule was front loaded with our supposed cupcake games and that’s never a good thing. I DONT think DD is ready or that he’s a better choice, but the O has to be more consistent and get the running game going. Def a very good win against a ranked team on the road. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Dude. We played Arkansas. Did you forget what UGA did to us just 7 days ago?

man i am trying to have some fun and enjoy THIS game. i am well aware of our record.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, USATiger said:

No way you are mentioning UGA, or bama, as teams we are on equal footing.  Let me know when Auburn goes all-in on getting the best players money can buy.

This was a great road win, War Damn Eagle!

I don't even know this needs explaining. Again, we played Arkansas. Great game and much needed win by our players. Overall the offense played more focused. But I'm not sure it warrants a "eating crow" topic. 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

That's certainly optimistic. But if that did happen.....maybe we could beat them the 2nd time just like they beat Auburn in 2017.

My thoughts exactly. We aren’t half bad when we execute. We’ve been in both games we lost this season. Just execution issues been killing us. Get better each week, and we can maybe do something. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

The point is when Bo can play like this, consistently, against an actual defense I will be excited. But again, we played Arkansas...

And Arkansas actually had a defense on the field…….didn’t you watch the game?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

I don't even know this needs explaining. Again, we played Arkansas. Great game and much needed win by our players. Overall the offense played more focused. But I'm not sure it warrants a "eating crow" topic. 

the crow since you do not seem to understand is they can win without tj like i suggested. why is this so hard? are you mad at someone enjoying a game? i needed it. i have a lot on me. my second ex is fighting for her life right now in maryland with cancer so let me enjoy a small vistory ok?

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Like 5

1-0 and one week at a time. Huge props to everyone today. Best game of Bo's career and he deserves big props. But let's keep a level head. Arkansas is improved (couldn't get worse) but we gotta keep improving as a team

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

And Arkansas actually had a defense on the field…….didn’t you watch the game?

Yes, they had 11 players on the field. I noticed that. Their run defense did excellent. No denying that. 

There isn't an "actual defense" in the SECW this year. Bama's secondary looks abysmal, Ole Miss is Ole Miss, Miss St has Mike Leach as a head coach, and I don't care to discuss Texas A&M. 

The passing game schemed open receivers vs thUGA and PSu. They can do the same vs the charlatans of the SECW. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

the crow since you do not seem to understand is they can win without tj like i suggested. why is this so hard? are you mad at someone enjoying a game? i needed it. i have a lot on me. my second ex is fighting for her life right now in maryland with cancer so let me enjoy a small vistory ok?

Sorry to hear about your ex. Not saying folks can't enjoy the game. Glad you did, as well as others. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, nurbis said:

We beat Arkansas that, was ranked 17th, on the road, at 11 am. That is a really big win for a first year coach. And Nix looked near perfect aside from a bad decision on an interception. Not sure why you would come here immediately after a win to crap on it. We lost to Georgia primarily because of poor QB and receiver play. What we saw today was a complete 180 in play for those groups. Anybody claiming to be a fan should be really happy with this win.

Agreed, but you left out the OL, which was crushed by UGA. That didn't help either the QB or even the WR play. 

• Like 3