Anyone hearing

Swamp Eagle

26 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

They were so happy they wet their undies when the fumble happened. Never seen so many people post the same thing so fast. Obviously no one wants Bo hurt but he did get hurt and it shouldn't have taken until the last drive of the game before we saw a change. Everyone in the damn building could see that Bo was hurt and in pain.

And then they kept putting him out there behind a line that couldn't block anyone. Take away his mobility and ability to escape pressure and it was downhill from there. I don't blame that on Bo. I blame it on the coaches for allowing it to go on.

Lol. Look at the reactions. I'm telling you man all this is, is a person has an opinion right? Now the next step is whoever pushes the narrative of that opinion the person already has they will just ride with it. Doesn't matter if it's true or not.

Then when you're someone like myself of course you just have the random I'm mad at you guy who just looks for any opportunity to disagree. Somebody else make a post saying literally the same things I just said they'd like it and say spot on. Children.

If there was a rule where you cite a source or show an example the number of posts would be cut in half. Like show ALL these people that are bashing. Show an example of people saying the offense is Bo's fault alone. 

But you can go in the game thread and see when tj fumbled at minimum ten people within 2 minutes posted something to the extent of this is why he's on the bench or this is better than Bo? Or this is what you guys have been crying about. That's not opinion it's fact. 

Edited by cole256

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's just so weird. I was the biggest Bo supporter before before season and thinking we'd see a lot of improvement and he'd be the surefire starter...BUT I could still see TJ had talent and believed he'd be good in the future. 

If that future us now then let's effing go. IDK why anyone would be so tied to a player to start with the "I told you so" before he even gets reps with the 1s and had a gameplan created for him.

I didn't see ppl doing this when Trox or Council were replaced. Or when our back up safeties came in due to injury. 

I don’t care who plays, but in all fairness there isn’t and never has been thread after nauseating thread calling for the backup of those guys. If people are quick to defend one guy it’s likely in response to so many so quick to attack the same guy. It’s the chicken and egg argument. This is the case with every starting qb at every team everywhere that isn’t a walking legend. Happens to every qb we’ve ever had other than Cam. 

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's just so weird. I was the biggest Bo supporter before before season and thinking we'd see a lot of improvement and he'd be the surefire starter...BUT I could still see TJ had talent and believed he'd be good in the future. 

If that future us now then let's effing go. IDK why anyone would be so tied to a player to start with the "I told you so" before he even gets reps with the 1s and had a gameplan created for him.

I didn't see ppl doing this when Trox or Council were replaced. Or when our back up safeties came in due to injury. 

When tjmade the play against ga st and I saw a couple of people say the only reason he made the play was because the corner got beat by the wr......I knew what was coming. 

People can make posts saying they don't believe in tj period but you can get ran off or called a basher if you said Bo can't throw down field. 

Lol as soon as tj fumbled a bunch of posts saying is this your king lol. Like dude he is wearing an Auburn jersey

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I don’t care who plays, but in all fairness there isn’t and never has been thread after nauseating thread calling for the backup of those guys. If people are quick to defend one guy it’s likely in response to so many so quick to attack the same guy. It’s the chicken and egg argument. This is the case with every starting qb at every team everywhere that isn’t a walking legend. Happens to every qb we’ve ever had other than Cam. 

Nobody was saying replace bo yesterday. People said it last game because the play was horrible last game, and even then it was mostly saying try to catch a spark because it was the end of the game and stuff wasn't working.  The games before that don't remember a group of people saying that.

I haven't seen more than one or two people say everything is on Bo. At most you have people saying Bo is part of the problem as well. That's at most.

37 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Cool. How much money was he making to put his body on the line? Oh, right an easy $12 Million. You don't think that there's a difference between a pro who makes that money every year and a college kid who makes pennies compared to that?

I feel sorry for people who think everything is just about money. 

Was it Ben Roethlisberger in college who had to be carried by his OL from to each new ball placement on a game winning drive many moons ago? To some people, it just means more than $.  

• Love 2

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nobody was saying replace bo yesterday

Ppl were, including me, bc he was hobbled and hurt. To his credit Bo didn't play that bad after his injury but was definitely limited 

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Ppl were, including me, bc he was hobbled and hurt. To his credit Bo didn't play that bad after his injury but was definitely limited 

I'm saying nobody was saying Bo sucks this game is on him replace him

16 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Was it Ben Roethlisberger in college who had to be carried by his OL from to each new ball placement on a game winning drive many moons ago? 

Byron Leftwitch 

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I said the same if he was truly hurt . 

I had meant to post this about the A&M game but never got around to it and it definitely doesn't need its own thread and isn't related to this.  Also DOES NOT mean that TJ is better then Bo, better teammate, etc.....(since lots of folks try and read in to post).  

Not sure if they showed this on TV or not as I was at the game.  When Bo fumbled in the A&M game and was laying literally with his face down in the turf one of the first people picking him up (literally picking him up off the turf) was TJ.  I just thought that was something to share.  Our backup QB was one of the first people over picking Bo up off the ground supporting him.  Didn't wait for him to get off the field to come over and show support, ran on the field.  Who knows if TJ will ever amount to anything at QB but dude showed some nice teammate qualities.

Again just wanted to share what I saw at the game not trying to make a statement here.  Was nice to see the chemistry between the starter and backup.  Now back to Bo and his ankle.

Edited by AUfan_UAgrad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

I am actually confused as to the argument going on here? If Bo is indeed injured, then we will truly see If Bo was far out the best option for us all along. USCe is not a quality team. The QBs behind Bo have had a whole season to practice and understand the offense. There should be very little pressure as we have now been seen as a laughingstock. There is marginal expectations. There is no reason either QB shouldn't be able to come in and lead this team past victory against USCe. TJ Finley, specifically has experience against this USCe team, with IMO, less talent than last year. This will tell us a lot about our future. It seems to be there are two groups with agendas and both our readying their arguments, if the QBs fail or succeed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TigerHorn said:

I feel sorry for people who think everything is just about money. 

Was it Ben Roethlisberger in college who had to be carried by his OL from to each new ball placement on a game winning drive many moons ago? To some people, it just means more than $.  

Byron Leftwhich

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

Byron Leftwitch 

OK, at least I got the first initial right! 😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUfan_UAgrad said:

I had meant to post this about the A&M game but never got around to it and it definitely doesn't need its own thread and isn't related to this.  Also DOES NOT mean that TJ is better then Bo, better teammate, etc.....(since lots of folks try and read in to post).  

Not sure if they showed this on TV or not as I was at the game.  When Bo fumbled in the A&M game and was laying literally with his face down in the turf one of the first people picking him up (literally picking him up off the turf) was TJ.  I just thought that was something to share.  Our backup QB was one of the first people over picking Bo up off the ground supporting him.  Didn't wait for him to get off the field to come over and show support, ran on the field.  Who knows if TJ will ever amount to anything at QB but dude showed some nice teammate qualities.

Again just wanted to share what I saw at the game not trying to make a statement here.  Was nice to see the chemistry between the starter and backup.  Now back to Bo and his ankle.

He was one of the first guys congratulating Kobe too yesterday after that sick catch for a TD

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am actually confused as to the argument going on here? If Bo is indeed injured, then we will truly see If Bo was far out the best option for us all along. USCe is not a quality team. The QBs behind Bo have had a whole season to practice and understand the offense. There should be very little pressure as we have now been seen as a laughingstock. There is marginal expectations. There is no reason either QB shouldn't be able to come in and lead this team past victory against USCe. TJ Finley, specifically has experience against this USCe team, with IMO, less talent than last year. This will tell us a lot about our future. It seems to be there are two groups with agendas and both our readying their arguments, if the QBs fail or succeed. 

USCe is playing for a bowl game now and they managed to beat Florida and almost beat Mizzou. They are trending up.

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Whole lot of folks are about to understand personally the old cliche "Be careful what you wish for."

No you didn’t! Lol

10 minutes ago, AUreo said:

USCe is playing for a bowl game now and they managed to beat Florida and almost beat Mizzou. They are trending up.

Florida and Mizzou are bad teams. That is not trending up. They just beat one bad team. We are trending down which makes us an equally mediocre team. Florida in particularly was in danger against a non power 5 team yesterday. 

Edited by DAG

2 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Yup, that is what pisses me off the most. I get that not everyone feels like I do about an injured player gutting it out through the pain. If this was the NFL where they had contracts paying them millions, then yeah go ahead and do that.This is college, though, and no one on Auburn is getting paid millions to but their bodies on the line.

These kids put their trust in the staff to help them make smart decisions and to have their best interest at heart. You then have your OC call two plays (1 of which was the crucial 2 point conversion) that not only limits your ability but could also further aggravate the injury. I just don't have enough words to express my displeasure and anger at that. Shame on Bobo for calling those plays, Shame on Harsin for allowing it, and shame on anyone else who is okay with it.

I understand how you feel.  I was one of the biggest critics of how the previous coaching staff handled injured players.  I do believe this one is a little different in that the injury occurred in game as opposed to playing a player *recovering* from an injury and playing him too soon, al la Sean White in the 2015 UGA game.  If you recall, Sean was recovering from an injury in the Ole Miss game earlier and it was obvious from the first play he should not have been on the field and the coach played him in three total series.

In game injuries are a different animal in that, if it is not obvious the player should not play (concussed or broken bone where he can’t even play), you have to rely on the player, trainers and coach’s perspective and the coach has ulterior motive.  The player is the only one that can say if he is good to go initially.

What I have not seen is when Bo was injured.  That would play into my level of concern.  There is speculation that he was injured before half and that would explain both the our offensive play calling and the sudden confidence the Miss State defense seems to have after halftime.

Anyway, there is a lot I don’t know about this, so I’m giving the coaching staff the benefit of doubt.

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I understand how you feel.  I was one of the biggest critics of how the previous coaching staff handled injured players.  I do believe this one is a little different in that the injury occurred in game as opposed to playing a player *recovering* from an injury and playing him too soon, al la Sean White in the 2015 UGA game.  If you recall, Sean was recovering from an injury in the Ole Miss game earlier and it was obvious from the first play he should not have been on the field and the coach played him in three total 

What I have not seen is when Bo was injured.  That would play into my level of concern.  There is speculation that he was injured before half and that would explain both the our offensive play calling and the sudden confidence the Miss State defense seems to have after halftime.

I noticed him limping after he got sacked from behind. He was jogging up and down sideline after that.

Drawing a blank, but think it was the series the fg was blocked

4 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I noticed him limping after he got sacked from behind. He was jogging up and down sideline after that.

This is the question.  I have read some of the post game thread and I didn’t see anything on there that indicted any of our posters knew exactly when he was injured.  I guess we will have to wait for Bo or Harsin to say something.

I'm already imagining this place in a week. If TJ goes out and is terrible against USCe, we'll see a lot of "I told ya so he sucks and is a statue..." But if he goes out there and lights them up it will be "anyone can light up USCe." Then I'm sure we'll have a few that proclaim TJ is the savior of AU football if he lights it up.

I've made it clear that I haven't thought Bo is the guy for a while now. But we should all always support whoever is under center. The one thing I know is that we need a big upgrade in play and consistency at the position. Whether that's Bo coming back and significantly improving, DD or TJ showing out, or Geriner or a transfer coming in next year. Let's hope that somebody steps up in the offseason because there has been a big lack of consistency at the position, and o-line and receiver, for a while now and it must change 

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

It was that very drive. He got tackled around the ankles when he threw that long ball to JJ. We he got up he had a very noticeable limp

Edited by e808

5 hours ago, AUfan_UAgrad said:

He looked VERY limited from moment on in every drive he played from that point forward to me and on the sideline trying to put weight on it.  Yes still no one knows yet if broken or not.  If it does come back broken will look very bad for our medical staff.  Just like others have stated why was he not taken to locker room for further evaluation then what can be done in the tent.  To this "arm chair" dummy troll that's what looked like should have happened after it was obvious how much pain he was in and limited mobility .  Without his mobility takes away like half the play book.  It even says it on top of Bobo play sheet "Get Bo outside of pocket "

I didn’t think he looked that limited until later but just my opinion. It may look bad for medical staff. 

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I understand how you feel.  I was one of the biggest critics of how the previous coaching staff handled injured players.  I do believe this one is a little different in that the injury occurred in game as opposed to playing a player *recovering* from an injury and playing him too soon, al la Sean White in the 2015 UGA game.  If you recall, Sean was recovering from an injury in the Ole Miss game earlier and it was obvious from the first play he should not have been on the field and the coach played him in three total series.

In game injuries are a different animal in that, if it is not obvious the player should not play (concussed or broken bone where he can’t even play), you have to rely on the player, trainers and coach’s perspective and the coach has ulterior motive.  The player is the only one that can say if he is good to go initially.

Anyway, there is a lot I don’t know about this, so I’m giving the coaching staff the benefit of doubt.

The Sean White injury I'm talking about against Georgia happened in the game. He had recovered from an injury or was "good enough to go" according to Gus. He took a hit early on in the Georgia game and reaggravated it. There's been mention that Sean downplayed the injury but I remember clearly saying out loud that there was no way Sean wasn't injured again. Sean was 6-20 for 27 yards and an interception in that game.

Now obviously it's not the same since Bo was still performing fairly well but you could tell by his body language that he was in obvious discomfort. He went from 13-15 before the injury to 12-26 after. Not horrible but compared to how he was playing that's a major difference and it wasn't like the WRs weren't getting open either cause he did miss some easy throws.

And fairly certain he was hurt on the either the last drive or the second to last drive before half.