The Next Three Home Openers

woodford

Is this a parody thread? if so I want to add, "Yeah and the concessions is straight trash." Bo's Burgers? What a joke.

Edited by DAG
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

….are complete garbage

Mercer - 2022

UMASS - 2023

Cal - 2024

Kudos to our former AD for really getting after it

I mean I'm not looking for our guys to get their feet wet against a playoff team right off the bat but damn..  Mercer and UMass?  That doesn't't help us get ready at all.  Complete waste of time.  Cal has been decent before but tbh, I don't know how good they've been the last 3 to 4 years. 

6 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I mean I'm not looking for our guys to get their feet wet against a playoff team right off the bat but damn..  Mercer and UMass?  That doesn't't help us get ready at all.  Complete waste of time.  Cal has been decent before but tbh, I don't know how good they've been the last 3 to 4 years. 

Student sections will be empty at halftime for Mercer and UMASS. At least play someone somewhat interesting if you’re going the mid major route. Troy, UAB, App State, etc

• Like 1

For the longest time Auburn was on a streak of scheduling mid-major programs right at the peak of their success: Clemson, Washington, Oregon, N. Carolina (lucked out on that cancelation), Louisville (aka the Lamar Jackson coming out party).

Meanwhile Alabama schedules major programs just as they're hitting their low points. And they never get penalized in the national perception because of name value.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I think Cal was actually doing well this year till the administration shut down their season

2 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

For the longest time Auburn was on a streak of scheduling mid-major programs right at the peak of their success: Clemson, Washington, Oregon, N. Carolina (lucked out on that cancelation), Louisville (aka the Lamar Jackson coming out party).

Meanwhile Alabama schedules major programs just as they're hitting their low points. And they never get penalized in the national perception because of name value.

Well half the fanbase literally whined about us scheduling hard opponents to open the season due to the SEC opponents. Now we have a light schedule and we still have complaints. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Auburn may need a cupcake for the next couple years as Harsin dismantles this team and builds his team.

Sometimes you have to tear it all down to build something better.

Also, aren’t we playing Penn State at home next year? How many tough games do we want outside of the SEC? I mean the team needs to play a few cup cake games.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I’ve noticed the exact same trend between the two programs, it is uncanny. You may add the following:

2008-2009 West Virginia (pat white, Noel Devine era),

2007 Kansas state (josh freeman, jordy Nelson) & USF (the year they rose up to #2 in the nation)

2005 Georgia tech (Calvin Johnson year)

2003 USC (the beginning of the original modern CFB dynasty)

2021 penn state (ranked top ten at the time, compare to when bama had unranked penn state on schedule heading into the Sandusky scandal years)

• Like 3

It's not about the first game.   I am in favor of cupcakes for game one.  Auburn always has to break in that new OC you know.  

It really is the first 3 or so games.   Is there a marquee program in those first three?   That is what is key.  It does not have to be Clemson as they are the rise, but top 10-20 programs is important.   I think we all want to avoid someone like an Oregon or Ohio State right off the bat, but play the Penn State or the UNC or the Iowa - yes: in games 2 or 3. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Is Alan Greene gone ? I’ve seen rumors , but nothing concrete 

AG didn't arrange those games. He said last AD. 

• Like 1

Can't really predict what Cal will be like in 3 years They stunk this past year.. Definitely looking forward to the game in Berkeley in 2023! Should be fun. We also have Baylor and UCLA lined up though. 

• Like 1

Is thread serious?

Who gives a s*** about the first game when we play Penn State/Cal in week 2??

Also, OP is a moron bc in 2024 we don't have an opening game scheduled yet, Cal is Week 2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Auburn may need a cupcake for the next couple years as Harsin dismantles this team and builds his team.

I think we play a tough enough schedule in the west. I’m good with those openers.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Is thread serious?

Who gives a s*** about the first game when we play Penn State/Cal in week 2??

Also, OP is a moron bc in 2024 we don't have an opening game scheduled yet, Cal is Week 2

dude. Its just thread. No one asked you to come in and started spraying. And its obvious the OP can't be a moron if its named..... 1173073ffff391d47e0924c99c6d55c0ebcd77ed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I think Cal was actually doing well this year till the administration shut down their season

4-7 with finale against USCw (also 4-7) this Saturday.

16 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

We all know how this works. Cal will be a top 15 team when they roll into town in a few years. 

Penn State DID go 7-5 this year, so there's that. Of course, after Cal we have Baylor on the docket, then UCLA, then "da U."

Edited by AUwent

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Is this a parody thread? if so I want to add, "Yeah and the concessions is straight trash." Bo's Burgers? What a joke.

HEY.  Bo Jackson puts his HEART and SOUL into those burgers.