New Offensive Coordinator - Austin Davis

Zeek

This makes no sense.  Sounds similar to the lanning to Oregon, almost the same thing was said and not long after he's officially the HC.

Edited by Maverick.AU

Guest MustardSeed
13 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

This makes no sense.  Sounds similar to the lanning to Oregon, almost the same thing was said and not long after he's officially the HC.

Our own “insiders” don’t have very accurate info lately. No reason to believe anything ESPN says 

On 12/13/2021 at 10:15 AM, DAG said:

So a HC calling full plays pre-dates Gus Malzahn. Just wanted to make that distinction to the readers out there. It works for quite a few people. The problem with Gus is he honestly has no conception of a true offense. He was ahead of the game by using the rules to his advantage and then when the rules changed, it exposed that he had no clue how to actually pivot and create sophisticated game plans. In addition to not developing players as you pointed out.

Even before Harsin, Spurrier was was his own playcaller as well as OC when he was with the the Tampa Bay Bandits, Duke and Florida.

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to New Offensive Coordinator - Austin Davis
5 hours ago, Didba said:

You never know, DD is actually the same height as Kyler Murray if his height I just quickly googled for both is correct.  Normally, the exception though not the rule.

And he has a much stronger arm than people are giving him credit for

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Harsin was just on the Paul Finebaum show (I know, I hate Pawl too) and Paul specifically asked him about the OC job and said there is news that he has his guy. Harsin told him he is still looking to fill that role and that was all he really said. Btw, Finebaum also asked him about Tank was reported to transfer but it was later reported that Harsin talked him into staying. Harsin replied saying that Tank wants to win and is competitive. He said he did talk to Tank and they are on the same page and getting ready for the Bowl game. He did say that there has been alot of speculation from different people saying Tank would leave and Harsin made it sound like all of that was rumors and just false reporting. Like I've said in another post, I don't trust ANY Auburn "insider" with news about this Harsin staff. After last years coaching search, its crystal clear to me that nobody is an insider to this new coaching staff. I only believe Harsin, his staff, our AD Greene and the players. WDE

He said “he has his guy” or 

“He’s still looking to fill the role”

7 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Didnt Bird say he was hired as the new OC or did I misread that in the recruiting thread?

I missed that memo, but my wife will be happy

• Haha 3

https://footballscoop.com/news/auburn-dips-into-the-nfl-for-their-new-offensive-coordinator-hire-per-report

Last line of the report has an update:

Update> The Athletic and ESPN now dispute Zenitz' report saying no offer has been made and other candidates are still being vetted. 

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

Harsin was just on the Paul Finebaum show (I know, I hate Pawl too)

I’ll never understand how that pencil neck geek got into that position but like him or not, he is the official SEC talk show on the official SEC TV and radio network. He’s the guy that gets called as a guest commentator on all the other shows when it concerns the SEC. Crazy I know but it’s the way it is.  

3 minutes ago, TheDanoC said:

I’ll never understand how that pencil neck geek got into that position 

You underestimate the power of the REC and Machine that is Bama. When you control the narrative/optics you control everything. 

• Like 3

What the hell is wrong with the media ?? If it’s not concrete don’t report it . Bunch of click bait . AU probably isn’t looking at this guy . Or are they ? 

11 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

What the hell is wrong with the media ?? If it’s not concrete don’t report it . Bunch of click bait . AU probably isn’t looking at this guy . Or are they ? 

They definitely are but until the signature is dry nothing is official and can't be publicly acknowledged by either party

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

He said “he has his guy” or 

“He’s still looking to fill the role”

Finebaum is the one that said to Harsin "it's been reported that you have your guy." Harsin then responded with the normal coach speak that "he is still going through the process and looking to fill that role." That isn't exact word for word because the interview was 4 hours ago or so but that's what I recall him saying and he definately never mentioned any name or that he has a guy right now. If we've learned anything about Harsin it's that he keeps everything close to the best and nothing gets leaked out unless he wants it leaked. Reminds alot of how Bill Belichick runs things in New England.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Finebaum is the one that said to Harsin "it's been reported that you have your guy." Harsin then responded with the normal coach speak that "he is still going through the process and looking to fill that role." That isn't exact word for word because the interview was 4 hours ago or so but that's what I recall him saying and he definately never mentioned any name or that he has a guy right now. If we've learned anything about Harsin it's that he keeps everything close to the best and nothing gets leaked out unless he wants it leaked. Reminds alot of how Bill Belichick runs things in New England.  

Thanks for the update man, I appreciate it. I think you’re right, Harsin doesn’t seem the type to give anything away when he doesn’t want to. 
He won’t be a puppet for the press

Harsin knows that his job is on the line.  As such, I don't blame him for wanting control of the offense.  If he believes that Davis can help him, that is his call.

Who cares if Davis is hired or not especially if Harsin is calling the plays.. Now if we got an actual oc that is bringing in and executing his own offense than I'd care otherwise I don't see why it's worth caring that much about. I'm not advocating for an actual oc or for Harsin to run and call his own plays.. Just saying if the guys not bringing much to the table other than developing qb's it doesn't seem as weighty of a factor as an oc that is an actual oc.

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Facepalm 2