New Offensive Coordinator - Austin Davis

Zeek

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

They definitely are but until the signature is dry nothing is official and can't be publicly acknowledged by either party

Ding, ding, ding. And if Harsin or athletic department "insiders" blabbed, we could either lose leverage in contract term negotiations, or look like JABA if it falls through. Well, I guess some blabbing has already happened. I have a (unfounded) suspicion Harsin and Greene have some business sense. No strategic operational move should be public til it has happened. Increasingly I think our athletic department could start playing the chess that is required against the distinguished, cutthroat peers around the SEC instead of chinese checkers of GOB and JABA. Unfortunately, that ticks off the blog jockeys and a lot of fans. But that's just my opinion.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CCTAU said:

Actually Davis is "listed" at 6'. But I doubt that. I got the 5' 10.5" from 247 recruiting page. 

https://auburntigers.com/sports/football/roster/dematrius-davis/16739

Either way, he's close enough to Austin D's current QB, Wilson. 

Hell. Even AU can't keep it consistent: he's 5' 10" here!

https://auburntigers.com/sports/football/roster/dematrius-davis/17377

He's young and still growing. It's very likely he will add a couple of inches in the next 2-3 years.

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Harsin knows that his job is on the line.  As such, I don't blame him for wanting control of the offense.  If he believes that Davis can help him, that is his call.

Harsin job isn't on the line, he will be here until he feels the need to move on case closed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

He's young and still growing. It's very likely he will add a couple of inches in the next 2-3 years.

That’s just not entirely true. Most guys stop growing by the age of 19. 

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Harsin knows that his job is on the line.  As such, I don't blame him for wanting control of the offense.  If he believes that Davis can help him, that is his call.

just a question here, why would his job be " on the line " after only one year? Was he supposed to go undefeated and win a natty before his children got settled into school? Yea we dropped a couple of games that we should not have but in the past we have been on the receiving end of that as well.  Has he even been physically on campus for 12 months? Man I am not trying to be Mr. Doo Doo head here but maybe we all need to go and re-watch Saban's rant on fan expectation. Especially the part where he said " When I got here you guys were happy just to win a game ".  Again just asking not trying to start a I am right you are wrong topic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

just a question here, why would his job be " on the line " after only one year? 

It's not. 

But we're looking at a much bigger rebuild than most expected, and let's face it, Harsin hardly has the name capital to survive multiple years of suck. Saban did...and we're not pulling down top 5 recruiting classes.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Hay Field 101 said:

just a question here, why would his job be " on the line " after only one year? Was he supposed to go undefeated and win a natty before his children got settled into school? Yea we dropped a couple of games that we should not have but in the past we have been on the receiving end of that as well.  Has he even been physically on campus for 12 months? Man I am not trying to be Mr. Doo Doo head here but maybe we all need to go and re-watch Saban's rant on fan expectation. Especially the part where he said " When I got here you guys were happy just to win a game ".  Again just asking not trying to start a I am right you are wrong topic.

I see one of your favorite players, Big Al, scored 4 TD's in one game. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I see one of your favorite players, Big Al, scored 4 TD's in one game. 

Yes Sir he did !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      

1 minute ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Yes Sir he did !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      

Well his one of my true hero's as well... probably the greatest shoe salesman of all time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Not to mention club founder

605d00d1d50a525ddea9163436667367.jpg

And entrepreneur.

but-i-thought-you-wanted-to-make-money.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, gr82be said:

And entrepreneur.

but-i-thought-you-wanted-to-make-money.gif

This is bad but i have a Polk High # 33 jersey/sweatshirt and just got a al Bundy 2024 Presidential Campaign tshirt. I get asked about that jersey all the time

• Love 2

3 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

I believe they all realize their job is on the line. That’s why they get paid so much.

31 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

With us hiring Dee’s brother will next year’s QB competition be fair?

My dad used to say Son you can all the cotton candy and corn dogs you want  at the fair for a whole week. After that the fair part is over. 

• Love 1

13 hours ago, eaglenest said:

Harsin job isn't on the line, he will be here until he feels the need to move on case closed.

That's not entirely true. It's also possible he is told to move on, before he leaves on his own, too.

It's not always JUST up to Harsin. And ,if next year is not stable and/or the record is still Gus-like or less, then year 3 will be a 'have to produce' year.

22 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

That's not entirely true. It's also possible he is told to move on, before he leaves on his own, too.

It's not always JUST up to Harsin. And ,if next year is not stable and/or the record is still Gus-like or less, then year 3 will be a 'have to produce' year.

Which football coach have we fired with less than 4 years as head coach?

1 hour ago, CCTAU said:

Now we now why this wasn't announced. Urban Meyer to be interviewed for OC job?

Only if he is allowed to kick our kickers  when they screw up. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Only if he is allowed to kick our kickers  when they screw up. 

Anders tore his knee on his own, no need for Harsin to kick that kid senseless. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CCTAU said:

Now we now why this wasn't announced. Urban Meyer to be interviewed for OC job?

Hope not. Shouldn't happen...he would only be a "placeholder" like Muschamp was on Defense. Way more toxic too than most anyone.