New Offensive Coordinator - Austin Davis

Zeek

12 hours ago, CCTAU said:

That’s just not entirely true. Most guys stop growing by the age of 19. 

Some continue to grow into their early 20's. That is becoming more prevalent with better nutrition and health care ....especially with this generation. 

My son and his friends all grew taller while they were in college. 

3 hours ago, au701948 said:

Hope not. Shouldn't happen...he would only be a "placeholder" like Muschamp was on Defense. Way more toxic too than most anyone.

Same reasoning I used with Mullen, his other negatives notwithstanding.

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Some continue to grow into their early 20's. That is becoming more prevalent with better nutrition and health care ....especially with this generation. 

If so many grow,  he is still behind the curve.

• Facepalm 1

Guest MustardSeed
2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

This is a little odd actually (not in a bad way just based on science)

Shortly after puberty growth plates are supposed to fuse and once that happens bones can no longer grow. So I wonder if we are somehow delaying or extending puberty or if your experience is an anomaly. Healthy diets supposedly do help people grow a little taller but that shouldn’t affect when puberty ends. Maybe it’s all the added hormones in the meat we eat these days?  I have no idea. Just interesting 

11 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I know bama has had a lot of luck with folks coming out of the NFL. Heck even Saban spent a year there. I think it will also pay premiums on our recruiting. LSU and others have done this. 

Yep..all we can do is watch and wait.

15 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

just a question here, why would his job be " on the line " after only one year? Was he supposed to go undefeated and win a natty before his children got settled into school? Yea we dropped a couple of games that we should not have but in the past we have been on the receiving end of that as well.  Has he even been physically on campus for 12 months? Man I am not trying to be Mr. Doo Doo head here but maybe we all need to go and re-watch Saban's rant on fan expectation. Especially the part where he said " When I got here you guys were happy just to win a game ".  Again just asking not trying to start a I am right you are wrong topic.

Realistically, he was expected to do more than 6-6.  If we do worse next year, I can assure you his seat will be hotter than melting steel.  You don't get the Auburn job and not have expectations.

5 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

This is a little odd actually (not in a bad way just based on science)

Shortly after puberty growth plates are supposed to fuse and once that happens bones can no longer grow. So I wonder if we are somehow delaying or extending puberty or if your experience is an anomaly. Healthy diets supposedly do help people grow a little taller but that shouldn’t affect when puberty ends. Maybe it’s all the added hormones in the meat we eat these days?  I have no idea. Just interesting 

David Robinson grew a ton in college. There’s the typical range and some folks are outliers. I went to school with a couple of guys like that.

27 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

David Robinson grew a ton in college. There’s the typical range and some folks are outliers. I went to school with a couple of guys like that.

Odds are DD is done growing taller. 

Guest MustardSeed
6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Yeah I know it happens and that David was banned from unrestricted duty in the Navy for growing too tall which was how he got to go pro. I guess that’s what I’m wondering though. Is it outliers or is it becoming the norm?  Tiger belle said her son and all his friends continued to grow which is unusual. It wasn’t just one of them which is what you’d expect of kids still stopped growing around 16

15 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

After a certain point we start getting a little shorter as we age. Are you sure that that isn't what happened and your son only looks taller?...

.. I'm just kidding with you Tigerbelle although I am now closer to 6'2" instead of being over 6'3" most of my adult life. 

11 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

Moving away from the topic of growth spurts and regressions.........

https://flywareagle.com/2021/12/16/auburn-football-rumors-davis-slovis/

If he transferred in it would be great if he stayed 2 years. Let Holden RS and then he’d be good to go for 24. 

20 hours ago, au701948 said:

Hope not. Shouldn't happen...he would only be a "placeholder" like Muschamp was on Defense. Way more toxic too than most anyone.

Moot point now and I wouldn't touch Meyer with nick saban's tiny little hands, either, but Muschamp was a lot more than a placeholder. He drastically altered the course of our defense in that one year and set the table very nicely for Steele to have the success that he did. I'd take two new coordinators every year if they gave us years like that. 

• Like 3

"It’s likely that Auburn football would wait to go after Slovis until Austin Davis is officially on the staff, which could take a little while due to the ongoing NFL season."

If this statement is accurate, then Slovis likely will not be there when we finally decide we are ready.

22 minutes ago, nurbis said:

"It’s likely that Auburn football would wait to go after Slovis until Austin Davis is officially on the staff, which could take a little while due to the ongoing NFL season."

If this statement is accurate, then Slovis likely will not be there when we finally decide we are ready.

Davis hasn’t left the Seahawks yet? 

9 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

So, what are the chances Urban is on Saban's sidelines next season? ;)

They will need a new football building to hold all that ego.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, woodford said:

Davis hasn’t left the Seahawks yet? 

He'll be there until the end of the year.  I'm not sure if we can't announce him until their season ends

Seems odd to me that we would have to wait out for the NFL season to be complete before hiring him. Seems like the Seahawks should be function just fine with a QB coach for a couple weeks. You'd also think the new guy would want to get in here and start evaluating his QB options and talking/analyzing the players in the portal as soon as possible.  Makes me think this is not as done of a deal as people say it is. 

6 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Seems odd to me that we would have to wait out for the NFL season to be complete before hiring him. Seems like the Seahawks should be function just fine with a QB coach for a couple weeks. You'd also think the new guy would want to get in here and start evaluating his QB options and talking/analyzing the players in the portal as soon as possible.  Makes me think this is not as done of a deal as people say it is. 

They are only one game out of the final playoff spot.