New Offensive Coordinator - Austin Davis

Zeek

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Probably not anytime soon. Ppl compare him to Wilson and Murray. But he doesn't have near the arm strength as those two and is probably a few inches shorter than both. 

Maybe he's the anomaly, seems like a good kid

Wilson 5' 11"

Murray 5' 10"

Davis   5' 10.5"

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

The hottest OC in the NFL essentially went this path. 7 year back up, QB coach for a year and then straight to OC. Tons of ppl were calling for Kellen Moore too. Maybe Austin Davis is Moore 2 years ago???

Don't need to be a position coach for 20 years to be a good OC

Also, the mentorship thing is huge.  We are gonna have this guy as OC for as long as Harsin is here unless he gets hired away and if that happens then you know we are in a good spot about 4 years from now.

• Like 1

Gotta believe Auburn saved to announce this today to maximize coverage during signing day.  Maybe went as far as planning it after Perry’s announcement to keep momentum up.  Sign Clemons and the top comes off.

• Like 2

Like this hire a lot!

• Zeek changed the title to Auburn's New Offensive Coordinator - Austin Davis

Like i've stated, i have no problem with Harsin calling plays. I respect what he's doing. Congrats to Davis and now let's get to work. Either way we went, far as who was going to be the playcaller it would fall on Harsin. So I'm just ready to see how and if they can get the offense turned around quickly.

• Like 1

Can I just say... Despite the meh season we had, Harsin is bringing some fresh air to the Plains. 

• Like 3

I think this hire makes sense based on the Bobo hire not working out. Harsin wants a guy who will work with him on what kind of offense he wants to run. Getting a coach with NFL experience that coaches QBs and fits what Harsin wants was a tall order. I think this hire has very high upside. 

3 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

So how do we know Harsin is calling plays?

The field  will be blue...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Didba said:

You never know, DD is actually the same height as Kyler Murray if his height I just quickly googled for both is correct.  Normally, the exception though not the rule.

Murray was 5'10 1/8. DD is listed at 5'10 and lots of folks gave said that's inflated as they normally are. He's probably 5'9.

43 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Wilson 5' 11"

Murray 5' 10"

Davis   5' 10.5"

Two above are NFL combine numbers vs self reported HS/College roster numbers

28 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Slovis appears to be his first target.

Awesome. 

Can he contact recruits?? Usually they have to clear some ncaa process

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Murray was 5'10 1/8. DD is listed at 5'10 and lots of folks gave said that's inflated as they normally are. He's probably 5'9.

I was thinking that was likely the case. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Actually Davis is "listed" at 6'. But I doubt that. I got the 5' 10.5" from 247 recruiting page. 

https://auburntigers.com/sports/football/roster/dematrius-davis/16739

Either way, he's close enough to Austin D's current QB, Wilson. 

Hell. Even AU can't keep it consistent: he's 5' 10" here!

https://auburntigers.com/sports/football/roster/dematrius-davis/17377

Edited by CCTAU
  • Like 1

Amazing how much the last 2-3 days have turned the momentum for our fan base. Time to close recruiting strong and kick the $#%£ out of Houston! WDE 🦅 

• Like 2