Head Coaching Search 2022

Zeek

17 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ask Lil Mook man. We’re all just sitting here patiently awaiting his word of a firing.

He's still coordinating a press release w JBoy

4 hours ago, DAG said:

Possibly but some of these names are just idiotic and I don’t care who I offend. CKS? He sucked as a head coach and I don’t care how bad Baylor was when he got there. If you do research you will see he sunk them lower. Years later he still has no HC opportunities even after a recent flash at Auburn at DC. I think UT made him the interim in a desperation move. Since then nada. Either he doesn’t want to be a HC or no one thinks he deserves it. 

Gene Chizik loss complete control of our program. Since then not a single university has tabbed him to be a HC. There is a reason for that . Either he doesn’t want to be a HC or nobody likes what he has to offer . Why would you want those guys to help with a rebuild in arguably the hardest conference in America when they have shown an inability to do so.

Dont let your hatred for the moment disrupt basic logic.

I saw what you did...you did not discount D Craig as HC.     It's marinating and growing on you.

You know he could put together a staff of recruiters and attract talent  in AL.  He has coached at what Auburn, LSU, TAMU and  FSU.  There might be another I am forgetting.  He could keep the assistants that have proven to get it done on the recruiting trail.   He has seen for a decade what an SEC HC has to do.   I don't know much about him, but his resume is similar to D Sweeny's when he took over Clem

The new coach is gonna be hamstrung on coaching salaries/budget.   DC would do it for a fraction of an experienced coach and incentivize the heck out of him.

That man could quickly right the recruiting side of things and save the 2023  recruiting class.  Who else can do that?  KS?  GC?  Bwahahaha  Not sure John Gruden could save the 2023 class after our junior day.

I would sign up for the DC experiment before I would hire a retread.  At least we would have talent.

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, DAG said:

I am not even sure our boosters are this stupid and I am done believing baseless rumors from insiders. I doubt CKS is or was ever an option. Maybe for Troy. Not Auburn University and I am willing to bet they would laugh their asses off at the thought of Gene Chizik again.

Bringing back Chizik is one of the craziest things I've ever seen on this board. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I saw what you did...you did not discount D Craig as HC.     It's marinating and growing on you.

You know he could put together a staff of recruiters and attract talent  in AL.  He has coached at what Auburn, LSU, TAMU and  FSU.  There might be another I am forgetting.  He could keep the assistants that have proven to get it done on the recruiting trail.   He has seen for a decade what an SEC HC has to do.   I don't know much about him, but his resume is similar to D Sweeny's when he took over Clem

The new coach is gonna be hamstrung on coaching salaries/budget.   DC would do it for a fraction of an experienced coach and incentivize the heck out of him.

That man could quickly right the recruiting side of things and save the 2023  recruiting class.  Who else can do that?  KS?  GC?  Bwahahaha  Not sure John Gruden could save the 2023 class after our junior day.

I would sign up for the DC experiment before I would hire a retread.  At least we would have talent.

I would be on board with this. It's as good as any idea I've seen so far. wde.

• Like 2

Let me ask a question. What is the does GC, GM, and BH have in common? -(maybe could add TT)- What is the different thing Saban had over them when he was hired? HINT: Why did Alabama break the bank for Saban? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

The new coach is gonna be hamstrung on coaching salaries/budget. 

That's not true. We had plenty to pay assistants under Harsin. A buyout paid for by outside booster money will not have any effect on what we can pay a new staff.

20 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Let me ask a question. What is the does GC, GM, and BH have in common? -(maybe could add TT)- What is the different thing Saban had over them when he was hired? HINT: Why did Alabama break the bank for Saban? 

The REC

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The REC

I understand and concur. But, the day before they were hired? What was it? Saban was a known high value BRAND!  

GC, GM, and BH were off label brands. Quit making the same mistakes. Follow the recipe! Buy the brand! Or, we will be here in two to three years again. Because we need talent A.S.A.P!!! We are way behind in talent, and, the next coach needs to be able to bring instant relief in this area.  These names being floated around, will not be an easy sell for top talented teenagers.  Get the guy that is national know, and, will bring EXTRA, NEW NIL money to the program.

13 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

I understand and concur. But, the day before they were hired? What was it? Saban was a known high value BRAND!  

GC, GM, and BH were off label brands. Quit making the same mistakes. Follow the recipe! Buy the brand! Or, we will be here in two to three years again. Because we need talent A.S.A.P!!! We are way behind in talent, and, the next coach needs to be able to bring instant relief in this area.  These names being floated around, will not be an easy sell for top talented teenagers.  Get the guy that is national know, and, will bring EXTRA, NEW NIL money to the program.

I agree, but that new coach may ask for parameters Auburn will not grant. I wish they would by the brand but history shows it more than likely will not happen.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Section 2, Row 1 is your seat in my choir.

• Like 2

Serious question.   We know that either right now, very soon, or within the next 9-10 months we will be looking for a new HC.

Is there anyone associated with AU athletics who is capable of conducting a professional quality search and hire?  

ADAG going out on his own didn’t work.   The pseudo-committee approach didn’t work.   The let the PTB have their guy approach didn’t work.    This cycle will continue until we get blind squirrel lucky (see AU basketball), or we have a total house cleaning in the AD, including board members and unofficial guys with money who are the real PTB.   

33 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

I too, along with most AU supporters would love to see this, but right now, trying to meet the criteria you stated as a prerequisite.....? Sorry, but I just don't see this happening. JMO wde 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Auburn would be lucky to find someone like a Sam Pittman who will rally this team, hire a dynamic OC, and build a winning culture.  The good news is Auburn has talent on both sides of the ball and can win immediately.  No need to take a chance on a flashy name.  

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKIMG?

19 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKIMG?

What is this in reference to Pittman or the quality or Auburn players?  Pittman has done a great job reviving an Arkansas team that has been a joke since Petrino left.  If it’s the players then I believe there’s still enough talent on the roster to have a good season with good coaching.  If it’s hiring a defensive coach and bringing a talented OC then I’m not sure what to say because that was the case in 2010 and 2004.  

edit to add I’m not saying hire Pittman.  Auburn has dealt with Arkansas people enough.  I’m saying someone of that mold.

Edited by Win4AU

16 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

What is this in reference to Pittman or the quality or Auburn players?  Pittman has done a great job reviving an Arkansas team that has been a joke since Petrino left.  If it’s the players then I believe there’s still enough talent on the roster to have a good season with good coaching.  If it’s hiring a defensive coach and bringing a talented OC then I’m not sure what to say because that was the case in 2010 and 2004.  

edit to add I’m not saying hire Pittman.  Auburn has dealt with Arkansas people enough.  I’m saying someone of that mold.

I have no problem with Pittman or a coach like him if we get lucky and find one but as to talent. No know WR1, No Known QB1, Same less then stellar O-Line. Yes we have RB's and TE's but need a line. Also D has talent but a lot will be new so not sure how fast it would be good. Our biggest need is a staff that can recruit like all get out as next year we will be adequate but after that no O-Line.

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

I agree, but that new coach may ask for parameters Auburn will not grant. I wish they would by the brand but history shows it more than likely will not happen.

1 hour ago, AU North said:

I too, along with most AU supporters would love to see this, but right now, trying to meet the criteria you stated as a prerequisite.....? Sorry, but I just don't see this happening. JMO wde 

1 hour ago, bigman334 said:

would love to have coach Prime but there is no chance he'd want any part of this mess

I was hoping we could straight up pay for it, like Bama did. But I believe your wisdom is most likely correct.

Anyone here familiar with “spaces” on Twitter…..cause some buffoons in an Auburn chat there saying Harsin it out. Also they are pandering for Coach O, Blake Anderson, or Will Muschamp.

8 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Anyone here familiar with “spaces” on Twitter…..cause some buffoons in an Auburn chat there saying Harsin it out. Also they are pandering for Coach O, Blake Anderson, or Will Muschamp.

Is it the : we are wde: