Baseball vs Tennessee series

Wouldn't be surprised if Vitello gets suspended. It's not the first time this season he's been a hothead.

• Like 1

What got the coach and UT PLAYERS fired up? 

they efinitely have an arrogant attitude and it only makes it worse when they lose. 

what didn’t they like about what we were doing?

1 minute ago, au302 said:

That was awesome!! Absolutely loved Pierce pimping the ever loving hell out of that. Flipping that bat all the way to Tony V. on his own field. That is the type of fire I love to see. Vitello loves to dish it, but can't handle it when the disrespect is thrown right back in his face 

Baseball is boring to most people. Bat flip the crap out of every homer. Jump up and down on the mound after a strike out. Show emotion every single time you do something good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Baseball is boring to most people. Bat flip the crap out of every homer. Jump up and down on the mound after a strike out. Show emotion every single time you do something good.

That's why I've grown to love softball so much.  Those girls show passion all the time. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

What got the coach and UT PLAYERS fired up? 

they efinitely have an arrogant attitude and it only makes it worse when they lose. 

what didn’t they like about what we were doing?

Peirce bat flipped and then the bat took a couple bounces towards the TN dugout. Vitello then proceeded to throw the bat towards our players celebrating. Then their entire team tried to run out of the dugout to fight.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

That's why I've grown to love softball so much.  Those girls show passion all the time. 

Reason why when baseball and softball are on at the same time I watch/listen to the softball game. They are so much fun to watch.

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Peirce bat flipped and then the bat took a couple bounces towards the TN dugout. Vitello then proceeded to throw the bat towards our players celebrating. Then their entire team tried to run out of the dugout to fight.

Team fulls of asses and their coach is the hole. It started last year with the regional walkoff and the ONE time another team celebrates a massive honerun they try to show out. I love energy in baseball, but you can't get pissed when another team brings it too.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Btw, I love that it looked like Tim Hudson was ready to go! Lol

Wasn't going to let another COACH treat his boys like that! 

Edited by AUFightingSoldiers
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I've come around to it for sure. And look, even though he pissed me off tonight, I actually like the fire and attitude that UT plays with. It's obnoxious to everyone else, but that gives you an edge imo and gets your fans into it. Problem is when they face a team that throws it back in their face Tony implodes.

And I was absolutely pumped because Butch is so relaxed and laid back that we usually play more even keeled. Wasn't even sure if a guy like Tony can get him pissed, lol, so it was great to see the flip, eagles head, Huddy and Gross getting pissed, etc.

• Like 1

I'm happy to get 1 W against this team. I expected to get it tomorrow when our best pitcher is on the mound. Both teams should be fired up, worried that the punks on TN team will try to get some payback by throwing at Peirce.

War Eagle, everyone!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Like I said, they're soft. Mentally weak because arrogance has gone unchecked all season. That's why their coach is out here pushing umps and their players are trying to start fights. 

No they aren't. That's just inaccurate. Their coach is a jackazz and he is TEACHING them to act that way. He sets a bad example and he coaches that attitude. He wants it to be their identity and he's proud of it. It is PHILOSOPHY that he is deliberately branding for TN baseball.

It has nothing to do with being soft. Being in the SEC grind as a student athlete at this level immediately disqualifies any kid from being "soft".  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, nurbis said:

That was such a big win. Win they retook the lead and it was 5-4, I thought for sure we were about to get a repeat of last night. Pitching held up and the bats came alive right when we needed it. It isn't a series win but it feels like one and we still have a chance to get the series win tomorrow. 

I honestly think the injuries last night caused enough upheaval for Auburn that it was a huge distraction for the team. They lost focus. 

Tonight they were different......gritty and determined. 

Love that we won tonight, so now we can dream of a series win with our current Ace.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

No they aren't. That's just inaccurate. Their coach is a jackazz and he is TEACHING them to act that way. He sets a bad example and he coaches that attitude. He wants it to be their identity and he's proud of it. It is PHILOSOPHY that he is deliberately branding for TN baseball.

It has nothing to do with being soft. Being in the SEC grind as a student athlete at this level immediately disqualifies any kid from being "soft".  

And look, it works for them most of the time. I'm really all for it, but you better take it like a man when another team does it to you. Total douche move to throw the bat back like that. Jmo

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Btw, I love that it looked like Tim Hudson was ready to go! Lol

Wasn't going to let another COACH treat his boys like that! 

Huddy isn't backing down from sh_t...   These boys had their backs against a wall.   Down 1 with 2 outs in the ninth.  no worries....  Vitello is a clown...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, au302 said:

And look, it works for them most of the time. I'm really all for it, but you better take it like a man when another team does it to you. Total douche move to throw the bat back like that. Jmo

I'm just not a fan. You can be a tough competitor and still have class. He's doing a disservice to those young men by instilling that behavior. Most of them will not have big MLB careers, and he's not giving them the right skills to get along in the world. 

Give me a million Butch Thompsons any day over that azz at TN.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Vitello gets suspended. It's not the first time this season he's been a hothead.

I hope he does.

Those UT boys were ready to fight last night. 

That was so awesome last night. Down by one, tie it up, then a little bit later a 3 run bomb. College baseball is so wild. Love it!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This team has really built a strong character base and it’s showing under this staff. 

they’ve proven their a better team than projected. 

and that started w improving your pitching staff. Starters and clutch relievers. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Team fulls of asses and their coach is the hole. It started last year with the regional walkoff and the ONE time another team celebrates a massive honerun they try to show out. I love energy in baseball, but you can't get pissed when another team brings it too.

Oh it started way before that regional walk off. In Game 3 of the 2019 series between Tennessee and Auburn, one of the players for Tennessee hit a go-ahead HR and was jawing at Greenhill. And that was before Tennessee was considered a good team.

Edited by warbiscuit

46 minutes ago, woodford said:

A UT buddy of mine said the bat flip hit the pitching coach. Anyone else hear this?

It didn't. There's video online and in this thread where it shows the bat flip. It took a few bounces/rolls towards the TN dugout and it hit the fence. He (Vitello) walked over and picked it up and then flung it towards our players celebrating.

Edit: Adding the video so you don't have to search it.

Edited by tgrogan21

1 hour ago, warbiscuit said:

Oh it started way before that regional walk off. In Game 3 of the 2019 series between Tennessee and Auburn, one of the players for Tennessee hit a go-ahead HR and was jawing at Greenhill. And that was before Tennessee was considered a good team.

Dang, I guess I didn't realize it went that far back

• Like 1