Where does Auburn need to steal a game?

aubiefifty

11 hours ago, au302 said:

I'm with you on this. The mentality that AU prided itself on all these years was scrappy, chip on your shoulder, blue collar, whatever you want to call it. The ole Dye we may not out-recruit the top dogs, but we're gonna be tough and run the football down your throats. For whatever reason our fan base cannot accept that mentality anymore. I think it's because it feels too old school and people assume it means only 3 stars. Not like Pat Dye was using that mantra with scrubs. He still recruited dogs

It could be that our fan base cannot accept that terminology any longer because Auburn football is no longer a team that imposes their will on an opponent?  Entirely too many times we struggle with the lesser SEC teams and even the cupcake teams we play.

For many years Auburn was the undisputed RBU, but that fizzled out years ago. We were always a tough, hardnosed team in the trenches that consistently "brought it" for every game and the opponent knew they were going to have their hands full when they played us.  

Here's to getting back to that rough & tough type of play. :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, au302 said:

The ole Dye we may not out-recruit the top dogs, but we're gonna be tough and run the football down your throats.

I believe I remember that in the first Iron Bowl, Dye told Bear before the game, "Coach, we're fixin' to get after your ass."

It's the mindset, that at the end of the 4th quarter you look across the LOS at your opponent, and you both know who would like to play another quarter and who wouldn't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Amen!  

Sadly, Auburn has become a team with a bad habit of wilting in the second half & sometimes collapsing. 

I truly believe if given enough time CBH is on a mission to change those habits. 

• Like 2