All Things Fall Camp Thread

toddc

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

If that’s the case, name the  better scrambler the starter.

This was just to give folks something to look at. Don’t try to surmise team strength by this showing. You are fooling yourself if you do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

If that’s the case, name the  better scrambler the starter.

The best scrambler we had was D. Davis, unless you count Bo Nix. Davis could even complete a pass. I heard that he didn't fit the system and was thus eased out the door. I do know he never took a snap in a game last season. So no, I don't see this staff naming a starter on scrambling ability.

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

This was just to give folks something to look at. Don’t try to surmise team strength by this showing. You are fooling yourself if you do.

Hank knows all. Got it.

Who's got this guy as their man crush! Looks legit. 

• Haha 1

O-line was subbed frequently, tank held out, trox held out, shed held out. Jarquez did not play much. Vanilla O vs a stacked D. Not saying the pick doesnt indicate anything, but there was a lot more going on than what meets the headlines. 

last, when you get into the schedule you prep the offense for the D youre gonna face. When you scrimmage, a lot of the time youre having your Offense work on specific things not necessarily trying to “own” the defense 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Mercer won yesterday 63-13

If we get into a Georgia St type of game with Mercer, this board is going to be absolutely nuts and equally hilarious. But I hope and pray we beat them soundly. Having your football season shattered in game 1 is a tough life.

16 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Having your football season shattered in game 1 is a tough life.

-Scott Frost 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

-Scott Frost 

That poor guy can’t catch a break. I think Frost is a solid coach. Nebraska is a hard place to win in the modern era. Boring af location coupled with a very tough conference. 

I do think they will improve. I think they had like over half of the starting defense transfer in from the portal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Who's got this guy as their man crush! Looks legit. 

Quick as a cat.  Leopard like leaping ability.  Can't find a helmet for him.

• Haha 2

ESPN is breaking that Finley has been named the starter. Probably out to the players. Nathan also reporting. 

Finley named Starter

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/tj-finley-auburn-quarterback-191827194/

Edited by Randman5000
  • Thanks 1

Great pick.  Also Finley lost his mechanics on this one and got sniped.

8 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Mechanics had nothing to do with this. DB was in phase with WR and no separation that is one you throw away or go to a different Receiver. From what I have read TJ knows offense best has a great arm and can make some great throws but he also seems to have some difficulty reading the defense as seen in this pick.  Even the great QB's throw some when they shouldn't what I think is the key for TJ this year assuming he has won the job he has to cut down throws like this. He is smart and I am hoping he learns from his mistakes.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Mechanics had nothing to do with this. DB was in phase with WR and no separation that is one you throw away or go to a different Receiver. From what I have read TJ knows offense best has a great arm and can make some great throws but he also seems to have some difficulty reading the defense as seen in this pick.  Even the great QB's throw some when they shouldn't what I think is the key for TJ this year assuming he has won the job he has to cut down throws like this. He is smart and I am hoping he learns from his mistakes.

Agreed but watching TJ it looked a little lazy on the throw and maybe off wrong foot. But likely just misjudged Kaufman coverage. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Just rewatched it multiple times and I hope that’s not a play we plan on using bc that was the only pass option

This does not help me feel better about the passing game. I say have Robby ready to go. Vandy's QB looked decent running and throwing. Why not do the same with Robby? I'm sorry but TJ does not give me a good feeling. 

1 hour ago, JMassie11 said:

Just rewatched it multiple times and I hope that’s not a play we plan on using bc that was the only pass option

Thats what i saw too. Looked like there wasnt but one option to that side and it was a called boot/sprint-out. I dont see a TE release, 23 stays in to protect. 

If he’s anything like his NFL brother then.. I, I just don’t even…

• Like 1