Saturday Night Scrimmage Thread

toddc

10 minutes ago, Didba said:

aHe is smarter than all of us, and doesn't care what we think, which is why he is on here enlightening us all the time. Lord, what would we do without Mikey to show us the way.

I'm not trying to pile on Mikey. I think he makes some good points on here; more than I could say for many posters. Even if he is abrasive. 

Like most of us, I think he could stand to learn some things. Doesn't seem like he wants to. Too bad, but that's fine. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

I'm not trying to pile on Mikey. I think he makes some good points on here; more than I could say for many posters. Even if he is abrasive. 

Like most of us, I think he could stand to learn some things. Doesn't seem like he wants to. Too bad, but that's fine. 

My comment was unnecessary. I agree that Mikey has had good takes I agree with at times.

It's too bad, I am not sure if you were on AuburnEagle, cbo, but back then as a kid I did hang a lot of respect on Mikey's takes regarding linebackers, LBer recruiting and just defense in general. Wouldn't mind that Mikey coming back.

Twas maybe 12ish years ago though.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

My comment was unnecessary. I agree that Mikey has had good takes I agree with at times.

It's too bad, I am not sure if you were on AuburnEagle, cbo, but back then as a kid I did hang a lot of respect on Mikey's takes regarding linebackers, LBer recruiting and just defense in general. Wouldn't mind that Mikey coming back.

Twas maybe 12ish years ago though.

I was on AuburnEagle. Long time ago; only vague memories. I can't keep up with names in general and definitely not on a message board. Until I started to interact with people a couple years ago. That makes it stick in my head. 

But I do recall Mikey being on top of the linebackers on this board a few years back. 

How one could've be so on top of one position group and be so completely oblivious to another's failing is amazing to me. Intentional blindness occurs a lot on this board.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Didba said:

I agree that Mikey has had good takes

False

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

How one could've be so on top of one position group and be so completely oblivious to another is amazing. 

He just won't back down from certain arguments on here but all of his takes aren't bad for sure. Some just won't let go of that so he gets piled on from time to time.

Too bad we can't have a key word content blocker instead...if Gus or the O-line is mentioned then you could block those posts and still leave the others for reading. :dunno:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think in a way the argument for RB2 is kind of a moot point.  I know Coach Cadillac has said before how he wants to approach the running back position as a committee.  I think we will see that this year with three running backs in Tank, Hunter, and Alston.  Tank will have the majority of snaps and I think Hunter and Alston will split the rest.  So whether you are RB2 or RB3 really doesn't matter that much.  They are both just as important.  This way they will (theoretically) have a better chance of staying healthy all season.

A little bit of an aside, but I know Alston has been training with Brad Lester this summer quite a bit.  I thought Lester was banned from that after his arrest in Georgia in 2018?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Didba said:

For the second time, "Mikey" has always been on this board. Before the merger, Mikey was here.  If you saw some posts from before the merger, you saw them here, not on some other board.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mikey said:

For the second time, "Mikey" has always been on this board. Before the merger, Mikey was here.  If you saw some posts from before the merger, you saw them here, not on some other board.

Hmm maybe it was right after the merger. Could’ve sworn it was on AuburnEagle where I read your LBer recruiting posts but all that’s hazy for me. I’ll take your word it was after the merger. 

17 minutes ago, Didba said:

Hmm maybe it was right after the merger. Could’ve sworn it was on AuburnEagle where I read your LBer recruiting posts but all that’s hazy for me. I’ll take your word it was after the merger. 

I believe after the merger, but the rest remains correct.

On 3/14/2015 at 9:23 AM, Mikey said:

Numbers are meaningless if the numbered have accomplished little or nothing. Again, if Muschamp was satisfied with the available linebackers he wouldn't be pulling guys in from other positions. It's rather obvious that we under-recruited the linebacker position, both in terms of numbers and quality, from 2011 through the 2014 classes. Hopefully the 2015 group will be the start of a turnaround.

Now only if he could've applied such nuance to the OL situation...
  • Like 1

From the reports I have heard it, and my own conclusions drawn, I believe the RB battle we are having now is for RB3. Alston and Jackson. 

To me the best battles going on besides the QB position are at the other LB spot between Reilly and Steiner.

Also, The CB and S 2 deep is really interesting. Especially CB. I have seen some predict Pritchett and Simpson. I have seen James and Pritchett, JAmes and Simpson, Simpson and Scott, Pritchett and Scott, Etc.  Seems there are 4 solid choices there battling it out for the starting CBs and NB role. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

From the reports I have heard it, and my own conclusions drawn, I believe the RB battle we are having now is for RB3. Alston and Jackson. 

To me the best battles going on besides the QB position are at the other LB spot between Reilly and Steiner.

Also, The CB and S 2 deep is really interesting. Especially CB. I have seen some predict Pritchett and Simpson. I have seen James and Pritchett, JAmes and Simpson, Simpson and Scott, Pritchett and Scott, Etc.  Seems there are 4 solid choices there battling it out for the starting CBs and NB role. 

Love the CB going on in camp!!!

This D should be stout. Hoping our offense can stay on the field longer to keep the D fresh late in games. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Love the CB going on in camp!!!

This D should be stout. Hoping our offense can stay on the field longer to keep the D fresh late in games. 

Depending on LB development with Steiner and Riley, Assante, Tisdol and the rest....This could be one of the best defenses we have had the past decade IMO.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Depending on LB development with Steiner and Riley, Assante, Tisdol and the rest....This could be one of the best defenses we have had the past decade IMO.

Agree but, I think the real questions are more about the back end of the D.  Hopeful that a great pass rush and timely blitz calls can take some pressure off of the secondary.

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Agree but, I think the real questions are more about the back end of the D.  Hopeful that a great pass rush and timely blitz calls can take some pressure off of the secondary.

That's fair. I actually feel pretty confident in the back end. I think Puckett, Kauffman, McDonald Brigdes and Gilbert give us some good options.  I am not sure how the depth chart plays out exactly back there, but I think we will be solid. The DL will definitely help.

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

That's fair. I actually feel pretty confident in the back end. I think Puckett, Kauffman, McDonald Brigdes and Gilbert give us some good options.  I am not sure how the depth chart plays out exactly back there, but I think we will be solid. The DL will definitely help.

Some of those guys scare me to death.  Then again, the return of Powpow may be giving me too much confidence at linebacker.

No matter, I agree the D is going to be really good and, in this league they have to be.  You don't get the luxury of many one dimensional offenses anymore.

On 8/18/2022 at 9:41 AM, Tigerpro2a said:

IMO, the only two spots locked down at the moment are Zion and Kaufman. All the others are being battled over.  I believe this may potentially be our best overall, 1-8 secondary we've ever had 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 8/18/2022 at 12:02 PM, bigbird said:

IMO, the only two spots locked down at the moment are Zion and Kaufman. All the others are being battled over.  I believe this potentially may be our best overall, 1-8 secondary we've ever had 

So where are you seeing Zion and Kaufman locked in at?  How do you see the starting back end looking like in your opinion?

On 8/18/2022 at 12:02 PM, bigbird said:

IMO, the only two spots locked down at the moment are Zion and Kaufman. All the others are being battled over.  I believe this may potentially be our best overall, 1-8 secondary we've ever had 

Better than Davis, Dean, Noah and Roger?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Better than Davis, Dean, Noah and Roger?

Those 4 were great, but overall the secondary play was not.

We've got better safeties now, IMO

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So where are you seeing Zion and Kaufman locked in at?  

8ball-bart-simpson.gif

25 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

How do you see the starting back end looking like in your opinion?

Like I said, Puckett and Kaufman are the only two I'd have in ink. There's too much good competition out there right now to choose one over another.

32 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Those 4 were great, but overall the secondary play was not.

We've got better safeties now, IMO

I personally enjoyed locking down most of Alabama’s receivers in 2019, but giving up 400 yards because Waddle could just cook Tutt and run past Thomas/Roberts 

I thought we all enjoyed that

• Like 2