some separation for QBs after first scrimmage

aubiefifty

Defense is good.  Always some fixable things.  

That punt ..the running into the kpunter?  I call BS.  If it's fumbled, I say he should be fair game.  

Give TJ another shot but keep bringing Robby along.  Definitely an exciting guy.  Needs to keep his head about him though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kennypowers said:

Defense is good.  Always some fixable things.  

That punt ..the running into the kpunter?  I call BS.  If it's fumbled, I say he should be fair game.  

Give TJ another shot but keep bringing Robby along.  Definitely an exciting guy.  Needs to keep his head about him though.

I’m betting they had an abbreviated call sheet for him.

On 8/14/2022 at 3:51 PM, AUwartigerAU said:

I think Ashford may not fit the scheme the best, but I think he gives us the best chance to win. And the best chance at a dynamic offense. Just my thought….

Sorry, this one. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kennypowers said:

He's got to clean those two throws up.

Worry how effective Ashford will really be vs non FCS teams

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He's got to clean those two throws up.

Worry how effective Ashford will really be vs non FCS teams

Exactly, keep developing and bringing RA along, but there is a reason TJ got the call.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Exactly, keep developing and bringing RA along, but there is a reason TJ got the call.

Hopefully he can learn from it. First one was a bad read, second was horrendously under thrown. It's not like these aren't fixable.

I'm pretty surprised RA got snaps so early and in a rotating fashion. Seems that's how it'll be going forward. Be interested what PSU game an looks like

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Hopefully he can learn from it. First one was a bad read, second was horrendously under thrown. It's not like these aren't fixable.

I'm pretty surprised RA got snaps so early and in a rotating fashion. Seems that's how it'll be going forward. Be interested what PSU game an looks like

I think the second was a bad read, too.  Never saw the other defender and decided to throw a low trajectory deep ball because of it.

The snowball is what concerns me about TJ. One bad thing (which began with the earlier bad overthrow miscommunication) led to 2 other really bad things.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I think the second was a bad read, too.  Never saw the other defender and decided to throw a low trajectory deep ball because of it.

The snowball is what concerns me about TJ. One bad thing (which began with the earlier bad overthrow miscommunication) led to 2 other really bad things.

If that second defender wasn't there, that pass lands like 5-7 yards short of the WR. Right? Wasn't close to the receiver 

Just now, woodford said:

If like to see Calzada get some snaps next week

Why? He clearly isn't ready based on the scrimmages and PT. It has consensus been said that by practice goers. Majority of the reps need to go to TJ and RA. We got to hone in on a guy for PSU.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

If that second defender wasn't there, that pass lands like 5-7 yards short of the WR. Right? Wasn't close to the receiver 

Yeah probably.  Just odd all around.

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

One thing leads to another. Hopefully they can fixx it. 

• Like 1

A bad throw is better than a bad read. TJ's upside was going to be based solely on his ability to game manage. On both interceptions TJ seemingly stared down his receiver and tried to force the ball to him. That's just bad decision making...

Now mechanically TJ looks much improved, and I'm sure he has better command of the offense... But if you gift two balls to a Penn State, LSU, Ole Miss, Arkansas... They won't be as forgiving as Mercer. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

A bad throw is better than a bad read. TJ's upside was going to be based solely on his ability to game manage. On both interceptions TJ seemingly stared down his receiver and tried to force the ball to him. That's just bad decision making...

Now mechanically TJ looks much improved, and I'm sure he has better command of the offense... But if you gift two balls to a Penn State, LSU, Ole Miss, Arkansas... They won't be as forgiving as Mercer. 

THIS! 1000%. We can get away with it against Mercer. You're 100% right. When TJ keys in on receivers that's when his INTs come. He has to learn to either throw it away or run and get a few yards.

Overall, I liked how TJ and Robbie were used. Who knows if Robbie will get half the snaps against the better teams (I hope so) but it's clear to see why he deserves those snaps. At times, it felt like a flashback to NM. TJ looked better. He just needs to limit the INTs and that could help us tremendously.