*Official San Jose St. Post-Game Discussion Thread*

Didba

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Lmao Tank will be in the NFL next year 

Will he be eligible already…. Well hell don’t tell the recruits. Either way Hunter Alston future looks bright with some top olinemen in front of them

• Like 1

Alright guys always like to end my week on a positive so gonna try and pump, lol. For the record I was depressed last night like most of you.

1. Offensive adjustments were made. According to Pink and others we changed up the run approach in the second half by going to a two right set, and it changed everything. 

2. While it was our yearly bad game against a bad opponent, I was not having a stroke in the fourth quarter like usual. I was holding my breath, but it wasn't as bad as usual. 

3. Upon rewatching the film, TJ played solid football. The pick was bad, but apparently it was the right read but bad throw type of deal. A pick is a pick, but I can live with that over the types of picks he had last week with staring down and throwing into double coverage and stuff.

About all I can muster up. Anyways, flipping the page to this week. Real season starts now. I am pumped about Penn State. Regardless of our personal opinions on the staff, the players deserve our support. WDE beat PSU!

35 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Will he be eligible already…. Well hell don’t tell the recruits. Either way Hunter Alston future looks bright with some top olinemen in front of them

Whose Hunter Alston? New transfer?

• Dislike 1

49 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We are a 1pt dog. It's essentially a pick em.

If we lose by double digits it'll be bad

According to DraftKings and fan duel as of right now we are a 3.5 point underdog  at home Which is essentially a TD underdog On a neutral site.

I think the odds of us losing by double digits is Strong if our defense plays like it did last year. We made him look like a first round draft pick and I think he threw for 76% CC? I need to go and look it up

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

Should have said Hunter and Alston ( 2 RBs at Auburn). I think Hunter Alston is big time English major at Auburn.

Nf6s5G9.gif

Edited by Randman5000

Not a great game. Not the end of the world. 
Running backs are going strong and seem all supportive of one another. 
The pick on TJ was an amazing athletic play. He shook it off and continued to improve in the game. 
Robby is a work in progress (we new this) and has Penn State spending practice time planning on to deal with him. 
Dline is warmed up after chasing the mobile QBs. They will put pressure on Clifford helping our currently shaky secondary. 
San Jose has a good team and looking for the major upset. Auburn looking at a critical game against Penn 

We still win at home this coming weekend and everyone will settle down for the rest of the season. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Clifford was 28/32 last year which is about an 88% completion percentage. He could not miss. 

Hopefully we don't rush 3 with a soft zone all night.  Oh and a TE isn't invisible to our safeties.

Clifford is not a good QB.  He was 55% vs every other team.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Should have said Hunter and Alston ( 2 RBs at Auburn). I think Hunter Alston is big time English major at Auburn.

One of those guys up in the stands with the blue sports coats!!

14 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

I’ll say offensive line recruits should be salivating to come to Auburn. We will have a stable of backs hopefully of Tank, Hunter, and Alston. Oh and plus you’d get a chance to start on top of that….

There's got to be a couple of 4 or 5* offensive linemen in TAM's freshman class that are having second thoughts. ;)

• Love 1

@bigbird/ @cole256 what are your thoughts about our DBs being told to face guard only and not turn their heads?  It seems like they are continually being put in tough positions because of this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

@bigbird/ @cole256 what are your thoughts about our DBs being told to face guard only and not turn their heads?  It seems like they are continually being put in tough positions because of this.

and frustrating as hell to fans watching.  the DB play this past Saturday looked a lot like Mason's old bend but don't break.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I never got that either. Run in phase with the receiver with back to the ball. Huh? Watch the pros. They turn and look for the ball quite often. SO many times the ball go right by our guy within reach but he is just chasing and never sees it. Seems to me you cover your guy as tight as possible and at the 2 sec mark look for the ball because it is in the air.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Is this for real, where are you seeing that this is what the coach is telling them? 

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

Is this for real, where are you seeing that this is what the coach is telling them? 

This is modern DB coaching. Everyone does it. It’s not just an Auburn thing. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

It was /s

If the Aggies self destruct we could benefit in the transfer portal

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I’m almost thinking we turn around and beat PSU this week.

It wouldn’t shock me. I think it’ll be close either way. Harsin may have the unfortunate Tubberville gene of looking terrible against bad competition then somehow trotting out a completely different team the next week to upset someone.

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Hopefully we don't rush 3 with a soft zone all night.  Oh and a TE isn't invisible to our safeties.

Clifford is not a good QB.  He was 55% vs every other team.

We didn’t rush three on Saturday? I saw a ton of four man rushes. Soft zone though 🤮

• Angry 1

31 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Ignoring is so gay...

the-dude-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.gif.f9b14e21d1884709e61916dc4448a8c5.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Well me personally I remember watching some show on the NFL network where they basically gathered the greatest players who ever played each position and they had a roundtable. Me having played and coached the position of course thought this was amazing to have this group of all time greats sitting down and talking so I was glued watching this.

But anyway Deion or actually it may have been Rod Woodson brought up how it was crazy to him that all his coaches coached to deflect the ball first and try to catch it last as far as how to defend. 

When he mentioned this everybody at the table had a reaction agreeing with him as they all seemed to have heard the same thing. Woodson said he always went for the pick. Charles Woodson said if you throw it to his side of the field he felt like you are throwing the ball to him to catch it. Then Deion said this very important phrase. He said most corners are playing in fear not to get burnt. He said the special guys are playing not to defend but to get the ball away from the offense. 

I told that to say I basically think that's what a lot of it is. You're taught to stay engaged and watch the WR hands as a tell tell as far as when you can make a play on the ball.  

This part is just a theory and I don't know, but I think maybe they are getting too strictly coached as to they are afraid to adlib and make a play because if they do they may get taken out. That's the only reason I can see why EVERYBODY isn't trying to make plays on the ball at all. 

Also during that show Rod Woodson mentioned how he was blessed to play for coaches that let him play the way that he wanted. They coached him and he played a team game but they didn't do the my way or the highway stuff with him. Sanders then agreed and Ronnie Lott did as well for himself.

I also see the pattern as far as Lawrence Taylor, Charles Haley, Ed Reed, Sean Taylor and many of the greatest players to ever play the game were allowed a certain amount of freedom within the game. 

It's no secret I think we are too dull at our school right now, I also think we are probably waaay too strict and we hold our players back a bit as far as achieving greatness. We had that mass exodus and I know how so many here celebrated it because we like the thought of a player not having feelings and being grateful for what they have so they should shut up and just deal with anything going wrong. And we like the military style of perceived "toughness" and some discipline is absolutely needed......but I think it can be overdone. But all of that is just my opinion. I do have examples I could use to support my take though. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1